Homeβ€Ί Dead by Daylight Forumsβ€Ί Discussionsβ€Ί General Discussions

Loosing Survivor Add-ons (Patch 3.60 Change) and The Effect on Survivor Economy.

2Β»

Comments

• Hex_StalkHex_Stalk Member Posts: 488

Sooooo you WANT to stockpile all of the crappier addons with no way to get rid of them aside from dying and losing BOTH the item and the addon? πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

• OldHunterLightOldHunterLight Member Posts: 2,974

This exactly, while most killers don't really need addons, killers like trapper do, not that much but it helps a lot, 2 traps and carrying 2 is better than just 1 and pick around the map, I can't really say for GF since I have never used him without addons, but you are also 100% true with Oni, addons help but not needed, wraith without windstorm just makes me not want to use him at all, too slow for my likings.

I get that people want to keep addons like before but I think right now is on a decent spot, you keep item and lose addons if you escape.

• NuclearBurritoNuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

According to the Q&A WGLF is going to be buffed with an actual effect eventually.

Personally I support the option of increasing Survivor bloodpoints.

However, moreso than that I find the entire idea of items and addons being consumables to be bad for balance.

Here is a thread detailing how we could change everything to rebalance the games items and addons to be permanents rather than consumables:

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/91361/major-addon-item-and-overall-progression-rework/p1

• CosmicParagonCosmicParagon Member Posts: 965
    edited May 2020

I never said it was easier than BBQ, just far easier than before. Also, you should be getting protection hits regardless, as this is a TEAM game

• Aven_FallenAven_Fallen Member Posts: 11,514

I take Protection Hits when it helps my TEAM. And not when the Killer picks up the Survivor 1 meter away from a Hook just to get a Stack.

• DreamnomadDreamnomad Member Posts: 2,847

It absolutely does not cost more bloodpoints to play as a killer. That is a fallacy. In terms of how many bloodpoints it takes to get all the survivor perks to rank 3 vs all the killer perks to rank 3, it takes substantially more bloodpoints for survivors since there are more survivor perks than killer perks. Also, there is no such thing as "killer bloodpoints" and "survivor bloodpoints". You should be able to play whatever you want, earn a reasonable amount of bloodpoints for your time and then spend them on whatever you want. The way it works now, if you wanted to level up a survivor the most efficient way to do it is to play killer. On what planet does that make sense?

• Dead_by_GadflyDead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,774

Im talking about game to game. You can go into a game as survivor with no items or add ons and be just fine. Killer you need add ons. So the cost of a game is more than for a survivor

• DreamnomadDreamnomad Member Posts: 2,847

You don't need add ons to play as a killer and it doesn't take long to build up a large pool of add ons to use anyway. I am not arguing that killers deserve less bloodpoints than survivors. No one is trying to take killers bloodpoints away. My argument is that my time is just as important when I play a survivor as when I play killer. My time deserves equal compensation.

• Dead_by_GadflyDead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,774

And im fine with survivors getting more bps, but i do think its fair for you to lose your add ons just like the killers do

• HellDescentHellDescent Member Posts: 4,505

If you play both sides you'll get plenty bp

• GhostwithafaceGhostwithaface Member Posts: 594

Yeah Ghostface without add on vs with recovery add on, there is a noticable different for his power recovery. With his best recovery add ons, you will be able to get almost double more use out of his power vs if you were playing with simply the base kit.

Yeah i had few games recently. Where something like this happen. They were a few metres away from the hook and their team mates were bodyblocking and just giving me free hits. I had sloppy. So not a good idea, for an action that would prove pointless. I wasn't even playing ghostface, so there shouldn't be any worry about 99% stalk. That and i don't think any of them were running we're gonna live forever. Than another game where people try healing right in front of me, rather than running away, leading to everyone taking a few hits. They could of avoided. So yeah i would have to agree with you. Sometimes taking a hit for your team mate is pointless and not always the wise thing to do.

• MrPenguinMrPenguin Member Posts: 1,447

Just a proposition, but If survivors keep their add-ons for escaping I want to keep my add-ons for a 3/4k.

• Aven_FallenAven_Fallen Member Posts: 11,514

I dont run the Perk :P Only during double BP Events, because my SWF-Mate and I are using BPSs the whole time, and if a Killer wants to farm, it is even more BPs. But other than that, IF I run the Perk (most likely when I dont have my Perk Set ready or nothing better), I try to not take Hits which are not needed. Like, it would be two easy stacks to unhook in front of that Bubba with BT, but I would not do that.

But I also dont run BBQ on every Killer, mostly only when the Aura Read is actually useful.

Exactly. I once had a David throwing the game because he wanted a stack while being injured. Killer got so much pressure because he had two Hooks instead of one, he managed to turn the game around.

While I get that players want to reduce the grind and WGLF is the only option for Survivors to do so, I just hate it how some players play just to get their stacks. Thankfully they changed it to safe Unhooks a few months ago, before it was even more horrible.

• McLightningMcLightning Member Posts: 949

I actually think the "it's fair because killers lose their addons too" argument is perfectly valid.

I'd rather lose the addon than the item, anyway.

• SlickstylesSlickstyles Member Posts: 445

Taking away addons was the most dumb and unnecessary thing that BHVR has ever done. Literally, noone cared about it and having addons after escapes was around for 3.5+ years. When you take something away, you have to add/rework things to make it either more fun or balanced.

There was no thought into making this decision as well as the Legion nerf. Also, the toolbox/map change came months after the ruin rework. It just goes to show that noone in bhvr actually plays this game and those that apparently do don't really have a say when it comes to decision making.

• xChrisxxChrisx Member Posts: 917

I agree, but sadly they made this change to buff ace in the hole.

About the difference of points between survivor and killer I have to disagree, because the way it is now makes survivors get lobby, even tho sometimes takes a while