Home Dead by Daylight Forums Share Your Work Media Lounge
We have been investigating cases of distributed denial of services (DDoS) over the last week. We take these reports extremely seriously. We're actively monitoring the situation internally and with our partners to gather as much information as possible and identify trends.

We are terribly sorry to those who have been affected by these attacks- we understand the impact this has on you. We are taking every appropriate measure to ensure the safety of our players.

We encourage our players to report to us any cases of DDoS, as well as any other form of inappropriate or abusive behaviour in the game. In the meantime, we encourage you to stay safe and follow best practices for online safety.

anyone see space coconut new video with xQc's new player experience?

Comments

• PoweasPoweas Member Posts: 5,873

Honestly, the devs need to focus on the newer players more, once us veterans leave, the newer players will be the only thing keeping the game alive. Heck, back when I was new, I was a survivor main and DBD was a TON of fun, but that's because survivor used to be scarier (yes weirdly enough, it doesn't feel as scary anymore). When I first played killer, after becoming average as survivor, I found how disgustingly boring it is. The only thing that kept me around was literally because I played survivor first.

Now though? Both survivor and killer are boring as a new player. There's no fear or immersion. Devs need to fix this, and make the game more fun for newer players.

• GoodBoyKaruGoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 13,823

honestly id love to see space here like "no i never saw it, thanks for the suggestion."

• DrDeepwoundDrDeepwound Member Posts: 1,307

space coconut got me in one of his vids one time, super cool guy love his videos.... as a hag player, I learned tons from watching him.

• AChaoticKillerAChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104

same, he got me into hag before she was even buffed and was borderline unplayable without utilizing her traps to the max and being extremely smart with your plays/ decisions.

• FabsRinasFabsRinas Member Posts: 169

The ONLY reason I hate playing survivor is for the struggle phase

This [BAD WORD] sucks on console, can't use both hands properly or other fingers as easily as on PC

And with the amount of perks in the game, it should have an in-game "wiki" in the menu where you can see what each perk does before a match, because very few starters will pay attention to the other's perks after a frustrating match

• DarKnight_DoomDarKnight_Doom Member Posts: 54
    edited May 2020

This is a serious problem! The new player experience is better now, but it's still miserable. I really don't know what the DBD team can do to fix that.

They have a good veteran player base, but I sense the new players can't stand for too much time.

The time is running! We will get a new iconic licence tomorrow! How many new players will stay with us after a poor experience?

• xenotimebongxenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

I haven’t watched this video but I did watch a bit of that guy’s stream, and he was unbearable to watch. I didn’t realise how many people enjoy seeing someone scream into the mic like they’ve lost their mind. I really don’t think someone that volatile would enjoy how RNG dependent this game is, no matter how you balanced it.

• FabsRinasFabsRinas Member Posts: 169

That's the problem. A multiplayer game shouldn't be rng heavy, that's flawed from the beginning.

• Hex_BoopTheSnootHex_BoopTheSnoot Member Posts: 151

As someone who has seen the video, not even Space Coconuts commentary, but i saw XQC's video seperatly, XQC was acting HYSTERICAL. He had no idea how to even play and was saying the game was trash, all because he just doesn't know how to play.

That XQC video is not a good example in the slightest.

• metalklokmetalklok Member Posts: 632

you should watch the video its only 10 mins and its just really about xqc playing it for the first time and trying to be calm but he doesn't know anything about whats happening then he proceeds to talk to the chat that how is he supposed to know what all the perks do or that he cant loop at this area etc etc. I felt the same when i first started playing. Also i dont watch xqc if anyone thinks im white knighting him or anything the only time i see him if hes on rajj.

• AChaoticKillerAChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104

dbd is a game where you come into it with some knowledge of at LEAST the basics. Every new player should at least watch a few tutorials and read over what all the killers can do.

they dont need to know all the perks but knowing what the most used perks would greatly help them, the biggest enemy to new players is simply coming into this game with a lack of info. which in all respect is both their fault and whoever recommended the game to them.

• Hag.is.DtierHag.is.Dtier Member Posts: 1,398

That guys stream was a bad example, loud and obnoxious like Ochido. I think Spaces first example with his wife was much better.

• GhostwithafaceGhostwithaface Member Posts: 594

The struggle phase, it never gets any better. Even as a more experience player. It still basically mash your controller/keyboard and hope you don't break it, while trying not to die.

• walrusthemightywalrusthemighty Member Posts: 28

First, you have to realize that xqc exaggerates his reaction to everything, it is an entertainment that majority of people on twitch is looking for. Second, it is not an issue that he doesn't know what the perks and mechanics of the game are. You are not supposed to come into a game as a new player and understand everything after the first match. It is was truthfully unfortunate that he happened to get a match with survivors having the perks they did, but the majority of games on low ranks is nothing like this at all. Hell, you can see worse players on red ranks than the ones xqc got.

• The_Bootie_GorgonThe_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340

The big point is that this game is not new player friendly, especially with the match making as it is cutrently

players who have more experience and more perks should not be going up against new players who start off with nothing. Why should my ebony mori spirit with top perks and addons go up against a team of rank 20s that have [BAD WORD] to 0 perks...

• The_Bootie_GorgonThe_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340

At the other end, why should a new killer with [BAD WORD] to 0 perks go up against red rank teams that are running tier 3 meta loadouts...

• BovinityBovinity Member Posts: 1,522

So a new player tried killer and hated it.

How unpredictable.

Like I said, I watched part of the stream so I’m familiar with the streamer’s reactions. He wasn’t trying to be calm at all, he was screaming and raving like someone unstable.

I agree that the game needs more help for new players, but he didn’t even play the tutorial. This game has an extremely difficult learning curve, it relies a lot on RNG and there’s a ton of content in the form of perks that you need to learn. This makes it unfriendly to newbies by design. There’s no way to rework all that without just straight up making a new game.

• Dead_by_GadflyDead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,774

Yeah and hes right, I cant imagine trying to pick up and learn killer today going against red ranks. Ive got 4.5k hrs in this game and still lose to them so I cant even imagine how ridiculous it is for someone that has no idea whats going on

• metalklokmetalklok Member Posts: 632

i dont feel you understood space's video its not about killer is weak buff killer its about new players (especially killers) have no way of knowing all theses millions of little things aka loops, perks, powers, drops, maps etc etc and by the time you get a good enough grasp on these concepts you already put in alot of time or you never learned and left

• djsponge10djsponge10 Member Posts: 349

Eww space coconut

This game is built on RNG. Whether you think it “should” be that way or not, it is and there’s no way to change it without reworking it from the ground up.