Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

inb4 killer power nerf

PredatedPredated Member Posts: 2,458

Lets be honest, its gonna get a nerf. Its basically everything whats annoying with looping a huntress, except that walls are non-existant. Essentially being unloopable. Which would be kinda fine, if it wasnt for the lack of charge. It's essentially Freddy and Clown being relatively unloopable, but infinitely longer.

Then you also have the ability to avoid flashlightsaves and DS, which on its own, is kinda fine, if wiggling wasnt as weak as it already is. Its gonna be fairly easy in the current situation to force survivors to get tormented. And since the torment is seemingly forever, that basically also gives him the ability to instahook forever.

His perks might need some buffing IMO, cus I thought they said they would make the person who takes the protection hit oblivious, rather than broken. And I think being oblivious after a protection hit is more interesting than being broken.

So its gonna get a nerf, 100%, and ill be here inb4 it arrives.

Comments

• PizzamanPizzaman Member Posts: 422

This is definitely going to be one of the more controversial killers.

• shwagshwag Member Posts: 417
    edited May 2020

Lol ok ?

Besides mom that got nerfed way later after ptb when have they not changed powers and perks before public release ?

Not gonna be new or shocking.

• AChaoticKillerAChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104

I think that limiting his ranged attack to only hurt survivors inflicted by torment would be a decent nerf, then again torment is easy to apply.

• myersismydaddymyersismydaddy Member Posts: 232

Anyone that doesn't see that this killer is insanely overpowered is biased as hell. Nerfs are needed.

• PredatedPredated Member Posts: 2,458

Charge times got changed before official release, timings got changed before official release. Ranges got changed before official release.

Right now, he is too fast, reaching too far, having a passive that completely removes the ability to wiggle that lasts forever(which should last at most 75 seconds).

What counterplay is there other than genrushing? The only counterplay I can think of, is the same counterplay to spirit: hoping the killer is worse at mindgaming and guessing you walked in the opposite direction the killer thinks you are.

• DelsKibaraDelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127

I feel like he will sadly be nerfed.

I honestly think he is fine as is right now, but if they do nerf him, I hope they don't make him incredibly weak or his power incredibly situational.

The ranged attack through walls is fine as is imo.

• emptyCupsemptyCups Member Posts: 1,262

You are not in fact in b4

Because it was nerfed before it was even announced

• shwagshwag Member Posts: 417

It just came out needs more testing and 2nd your upset you can't suicide ? Did I read that right?

• DanuDanu Member Posts: 281

I think it could be balanced by how difficult it is to use his power, I thought he was very OP from his description but I honestly don't think so anymore, I really think we need to wait a longer amount of time until people get used to him to see where he is, he's only been out not even 2 hours now so you cant fairly judge him either way

• NamelessNameless Member Posts: 780
    edited May 2020

I haven't played against him personally but I have played as him and I don't think it's too hard to actually dodge his power; the animation feels pretty slow and if you miss you get punished pretty hard too. I can't really help but compare him with Demo who in my opinion has everything this guy has but better. You won't be able to hit people through stuff with Demo but I find it a lot easier catching people at loops with his shred ability as people can't seem to dodge it as easy. Besides, the fact he can hit through walls is something that sounds pretty good on paper at first but is it really though? It's not like Pyramidhead knows where you are on the other side of that wall so he's going to need to be pretty good at predicting where you are to actually land that hit, especially if the animation really is slow. Pyramidhead may not need to carry people to hooks when played right but it comes at the cost of losing pop, which arguably is one of the perks run the most by killers atm. While in the meantime, Demogorgon not only makes up for the lost time by using his portals correctly, he also gets to keep his pop.

I haven't played against him though so maybe I'll end up finding his power too hard to dodge swaying my opinion on him. The PTB also just released so it's not like I've mastered him too.

• clem1710clem1710 Member Posts: 275

He's like the huntress, what's good is that you can cut loops. I love him

• Demonl3yDemonl3y Member Posts: 1,416

Can you explain me how his power and abilitys work? Didnt find anything usefull so far.

Also what is this weird rotating symbol sometimes on the Health state Icon?

Sadly i am on PS4 so i cant test it out. :p

With Rites of Judgement, Pyramid Head can create trails which cause Survivors to suffer from Torment.

Torment lets you know where they are if they step on it, making him have amazing Map Pressure potential.

He also can send Survivors to Cages, which are not like hooks, so uncaging them won't trigger DS or BT.

He also has a ranged attack which can be activated while Rites of Judgement of active, it's small but it's enough to make him very dangerous around loops.

He also can instantly Mori anyone who is tormented and is on Death hook.

• Demonl3yDemonl3y Member Posts: 1,416

I don't know, I haven't tested out how long they stayed. But last I checked they were there the whole game.

• DBD78DBD78 Member Posts: 2,625

OMG nerf Clown!

• PredatedPredated Member Posts: 2,458

What? How would you even get that out of it? The issue is that he is fully unloopable on all current maps. If you're injured, he can damage you regardless if he truly caught up with you, as long as he aims in the right direction.

• BunnyTheHuttBunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773

I'm sure he will be nerfed, but his range attack is a complete joke IMO. It's so easy too dodge and it's so telegraphed the only way too be hit by it is if you messed up or if he hits you through a wall.

• douggie123douggie123 Member Posts: 1,309

Oh my god and it begins.

You can literally see the outline of the ranged attack and have enough time to run out of the way...

• OmegaXIIOmegaXII Member Posts: 2,060
    edited May 2020

His power is definitely very hard to use, even it does seem like huntress hatchet that goes through walls. I'll list his flaws or weakness

• He can't moonwalk, go left and go right when activating the power. He can only go straight forward, meaning he can't mindgame with it. Also, very hard to aim without those movements
    • His power wide is small, and he needs like 0.5 sec for the power to hit rather than instant. And you can see where the attack lands just before it hits, and you have just enough time to dodge it
    • Cooldown from missed power is definitely not short. Survivors who dodged it have plenty of time to gain distance

This is from personal experience by playing both roles. Also, big map hurts him, and running in straight line also works in some case

• Predator3174PLPredator3174PL Member Posts: 300

His ranged ability is easy to dodge from what I've seen. Piramid Head needs to predict your movement to actually hit you.

Cage can be avoided by not walking into RoT. However I've noticed that they are there for a long time. Reducing the time of their existing would help, unless he is supposed to be area control 115% killer like trapper is. Then... I guess it's somehow fine?

• CitrusfruitCitrusfruit Member Posts: 69

He's def getting some nerfs sadly. I can understand that he's really powerful, but for keeping the secret until the dev stream and for being a big horror icon that I at least knew about before the chapter I think he deserves to be powerful.

I didn't like the idea of him at first but his power and aesthetic in game has really grown on me.

• LordGlintLordGlint Member Posts: 6,586

Feel like aura reading perks like nurses calling or I'm all ears would work really well on him for this exact reason...so he knows where exactly he has to aim on the other side of a wall.

• KycerKycer Member Posts: 337

If anything this killer should buffed tbh. The Demo shred is way better than his special attack (whatever it’s called) and he has no mobility at all. The only thing that I truly loved about him is the ability to send survivors to cages instead of hooking them, but even this sweet ability has the annoying requirement of the survivor being cursed so it isn’t really a super great ability either.

I don’t think Nurses would be too useful as people would just stop healing when you get closer anyways. I’m all ears can be good but that only works every so 40 seconds and if they jump through a window. I think you can hear him putting his blade in the ground too so I can already imagine that red rank survivors would just hold W once they hear that.