Home Discussions General Discussions
We have deployed a fix for an issue that was causing players to lose pips when a match was cancelled.
No update is required, but this may take a few hours to be applied across our servers to all players. Thank you for your patience!

SILENT HILL/PYRAMID HEAD IS THE NEW CHAPTER!!!

LordGlintLordGlint Member Posts: 6,350

The executioner, Cheryl Mason and an elementary school is the next chapter. All those ppl who claimed it was Candyman...was wrong, lol.

Comments

• Demonl3yDemonl3y Member Posts: 1,416

Love everyone who said its 100% NOT silent hill

• OtakuBurritoOtakuBurrito Member Posts: 512

I'm so upset...I wanted Candyman so badly. But I'll settle for Silent Hill I guess :/

• Revzi100Revzi100 Member Posts: 439

NEW CHAPTER SILENT HILL

• HoodiedHoodied Member Posts: 10,896

I'M SO BLOODY HAPPY!

I GUESSED THIS YESTERDAY AS IN AN INTERVIEW, ONE OF THE KONAMI OR KOJIMA DEVS SAID "We are not closing the door on silent hill yet"

THANK YOU GUYS!

• TheButcherTheButcher Member Posts: 871
    edited May 2020

Faith restored, take my money again - all is forgiven

• HippieHippie Member Posts: 415

Thank you to everyone who supported my thread about the possiblity of a new Silent Hill chapter! https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/153143/silent-hill-next-dlc-an-in-depth-analysis/p1

I am extremely excited and can't wait to experience this in the game! I hope you all enjoy it as well, not just because of the ties to Silent Hill but because of the characters themselves! Pyramid Head is truly spooky and scary and I'm super stoked to play as AND against him!

• HippieHippie Member Posts: 415

I was screeching like a banshee in my house when Pyramid Head appeared on the screen! Super exciting!!!

• GreatbigTurdGreatbigTurd Member Posts: 10

Noooooooooooooooooooooo

• DelsKibaraDelsKibara Member Posts: 2,042

*I hope I didn't wake up the family I am living with because I was screeching*

• DollsDolls Member Posts: 398

That's cool sense they don't make silent hill anymore...I wish they hadn't red herring Candyman so har d.

• TodgeweihtTodgeweiht Member Posts: 3,536

I thought pyramid head on DBD was just a meme. Holy crap was I damn wrong.

• DigwiidDigwiid Member Posts: 208

Actually insane that we're getting this

• IcemanIceman Member Posts: 1,431

Candy Man can still be possible for this year. I have a feeling that this year is going to be mostly Licensed killers.

• CashelP14CashelP14 Member Posts: 3,628

Honestly I'm so !&$^@ happy right now

• A_Can_Of_AirA_Can_Of_Air Member Posts: 903

He’s my new main, hands down, don’t care how weak or strong he is.

Huge fan of Silent Hill growing up and Pyramid Head, I couldn’t have asked for more.

I am beyond happy with this and I’d pay triple the price just to have him.

i knew from the start it would not be candyman as a lot of users wouldnt even know who it was

• gibblywibblywoogibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 2,415

I can't imagine wanting Candyman. Such a nothing movie and I only found out recently it had sequels somehow. Alien is cool but I can't see it working.

SH 2 and 3 are two of my top ten games of all time but I never imagined this could be a possibility. I still want Jason but as far as we know he'll always be off the table so this will do for me.

• gofugofu Member Posts: 133
    edited May 2020

THANK YOU BHVR WOULD PREFER THIS NOSTALGIC MASTERPIECE OVER GENERIC JASON IN A MILLION YEARS. DS USERS IM COMING FOR YOU

• AshleyWBAshleyWB Member Posts: 4,030
    edited May 2020

I know some people have probably never heard of Silent Hill and are probably disappointed of how far their ignorance for this truly iconic, cold hard horror classic reaches.

If you fall into that group of people, just take our word for it that this is a momentous and masterful license to be able to have in this game.

Konami, the license owners have been known to be really tight fisted at lending rights to whoever wants it and I think whoever was able to attain the license deserves HUGE credit. Without them this definitely wouldn't have been possible.

Everyone seemed to have overlooked this as a possible chapter because it was just accepted that it could never happen.

For those of you complaining just embrace what Silent Hill is and accept it is a perfect game to house his toblerone shaped metal head.

Post edited by Gcarrara on
  • MothyMothy Member Posts: 18
    edited May 2020

I am so excited for Pyramid Head and more Silent Hill content. Being the first horror video game killer will open the door for other video game horror franchises to join the fun. Still waiting for a new Silent Hill game Konami.

• Vox_NocturneVox_Nocturne Member Posts: 545
    edited May 2020

There's actually a lot I'm excited about:

The tribute to all the first 3 games (Area: SH; Killer: SH2; Survivor: SH3).

The legendary skins, and that could be applied for.

A killer which seems like a very different kind of stealth/oblivious build, especially considering The Executioner's daunting appearance.

A survivor who can utilise The Entity.

It also shows that, alongside Mr. Overbeck, Dbd are venturing into different mediums.

Honestly, I'm intrigued in the lore, considering how Silent Hill, and in particular its God, relates to The Entity.

Basically, really excited for this! Great work BHVR!

Only odd about this post is the Gen X comment - I'd think most Gen X would really dig this.

• NoireNoire Member Posts: 41

Look it's fine if you're personally disappointed about Pyramid Head because you were hoping for someone else and/or you're simply not interested in him.

But to say that he didn't deserve his inclusion or that the series isn't iconic is just plain wrong.

• RivynRivyn Member Posts: 2,364

Maybe so, but there are characters out there are stand out as 'iconic.' When the devs hype it up as 'emotional' and 'classic,' Silent Hill isn't the first on that list.

Don't get me wrong, I like Silent Hill. I do think it's iconic, especially with the siren. But again, there are franchises out there that are above it.

• ThisGuuy83ThisGuuy83 Member Posts: 1,303

It was iconic for it's time, and for it's fanbase. But ask any 15yr old what silent Hill is, and 90% won't have a clue. Ask them who Dracula, Wolfman, Frankenstein, alien, pennywise, Jason, etc. and they know who that is. They put way too much hype behind it, for who it was. I think that's why a lot of people were disappointed as I was too. I didn't expect Jason(nor do I want him here), buy I expected more than pyramid head. Not trying to knock the chapter, but it is what it is.