Home Dead by Daylight Forums PTB Feedback Archives 4.0.0 PTB Feedback

Nerfs i would recommend for pyramid head

AChaoticKillerAChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104
edited May 2020 in 4.0.0 PTB Feedback

Alright I KNOW he just came out but it's really obvious that he is a good killer and at times unfair. The main reason for this is his speed not essentially his power. he isn't slowed when creating trails and he has regular speed, he can also mind game with his power since he can cancel it before it starts or just come out of it with no movement speed penalty.

so here are some of my proposals

Make him a 110% killer, he can actually be like this since he saves a ton of time not hooking survivors and has a very good ranged attack.

Slow him while he is creating trails so he can't make them in a loop while still chasing whoever is in the loop resulting in basically always afflicting torment while being like a regular killer with getting the hit.

Or if you actually think it is his power make it so he cant hurt survivors with his ranged attack without them being affected by torment..

I think this killer is one of the most fun and powerful killers we have gotten in a long time but his speed while using his power is a little much. If any one of these did go live i would personally want him to get a speed penalty while making the trails, if he already has one and i didn't notice then it needs to be more severe since he is at least 110% when creating them.

Comments

• AChaoticKillerAChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104
    edited May 2020

and that's what i mean, the speed penalty isn't enough since he can effectively chase in the loop as either a slowed killer and cancel his power for the hit or wait until the survivor is in a spot where they cant avoid his ranged attack.

• LordTohesLordTohes Member Posts: 143

I think that the killer needs a buff, its power is very slow and its ranges are very short, it should also be wider, it is very easy to evade its power

• TAGTAG Member Posts: 11,983

he isn't slowed when creating trails and he has regular speed

That is absolutely not what you said at all. :P

• NuclearBurritoNuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

The ranged attack would need to be much more reliable to justify 110%.

It's certainly a good attack for a 115% Killer, but it's too easy to dodge to be as good as a Huntress hatchet or Nurse blink attack

• NuclearBurritoNuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

The tormented requirement for the ranged attack is an interesting idea, but again would require making the attack much more reliable to compensate.

• SnakeSound222SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

The ranged attack isn’t worth moving at 110% speed. It seems to be fine where it is.

• Th3NightmareTh3Nightmare Member Posts: 1,088

In my opinion, it does not need to be nerf, on the contrary, it must be improved in some respects.

• Devil_hit11Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 1,573
    edited May 2020

Good player will easily learn to dodge it. the attack is very delayed. The new hook mechanic is like christmas special deliver for instant unhooks half the time. I wish he had add-on's that decrease charge time for the ability or improved detonation time. all that add-on feel like they have zero impact on his gameplay. First impressions of playing as him and against him

Post edited by Devil_hit11 on
  • Maelstrom10Maelstrom10 Member Posts: 1,920

3.68m is 0.32m slower then a survivor. For the record survivors move at 4.0, and killers at 115% run at 4.6.

4.6- 3.68 = 0.92m slower then normal. Or around 4/5's the speed you normally go.

Your losing distance.

Think of it like nurse. You run with her in a straight line (let alone around loops where a survivor hitbox is smaller then a killers) and you'll end up eventually looking at the nurses butt following her around the loop due to the survivor outspeeding.

Oh and also whilst chasing and making trails, you can't strafe, left/right ie can't mindgame or shoot of your ability as such.

Oh and his ranged attack not to mention has a hitbox of around .5m to 1m wide (verification needed). Meaning you have to be precise around the loops with no visual. (Ie when your shooting through a wall) in order to hit.

• ThatbrownmonsterThatbrownmonster Member Posts: 1,640

"every killer that can down me must be nerfed!!!!i didn't even had enough time to adapt to him soo he must get nerfed"

• Dr_TrautsDr_Trauts Member Posts: 704

he needs buffs, not nerfs

• GomolazoliGomolazoli Member Posts: 336

So he need nerfs just because he has utility and not 100% predictable? Nope.

• HoodiedHoodied Member Posts: 12,600

I am not the person that uses the m/s thing, I use percents

What is that in %? Like how 4.4 m/s is 110%

• NoxeriasNoxerias Member Posts: 93

Agreed, Base wise, he seems balanced. The only thing about him that's bad are his purple addons (because the dev's think that Blindness and Hemorrhage are good debuffs when they're not) and two of his perks aren't too good as of right now. Forced Repentance should last at least 45 second to at max a minute. Trial of Torment would be a decent perk but it needs some kind of change. I would reccomend either increased the duration to 30 seconds or remove the notification as well as lower the cooldown to like a minute, but not both, because as it is now, it's not worth a perk slot since.

• iwoDogeiwoDoge Member Posts: 20

No.

• DeadeyeDeadeye Member Posts: 3,452

all the people saying the attack is easy to dodge: did you play the killer already? You can't aim with him like with Huntress or Slinger, when charging his power he is turning left and right like Billy or Oni. I'm pretty sure killers did not yet master him to aim/time these attacks properly. I would at least suggest playing the killer first to see how powerful the attack is and WHY it is easy to dodge, and second, wait until end of week when there are some players around that adapted to the changed movement

• OrionOrion Member Posts: 21,675

I did. It's easy to dodge unless survivors are going for vaults or pallets.

• BlueberryBlueberry Member Posts: 9,699
    edited May 2020

I'd be recommending some buffs for him before any nerfs.

The whole point of the torment is to save you time with carrying/hooking etc, but what it comes down to is do I save more time putting it all over the ground and trying to chase them into it than I do just not wasting any of that time and carrying them. On indoor maps, sure, there are choke points that make this much more reliable. However, on outdoor maps you are gonna be wasting a lot of time trying to get them into it. Lots of survivors on the PTB walk into it because it's a mix of low ranks and people wanting to test out stuff, but in my normal rank 1 games this isn't gonna happen.

Given the slow down on his ranged attack and how telegraphed it is to dodge I'd like if it either applied Torment on successful hit or it simply leaves the trail on the ground where it was shot as well to help you spread it more on the ground.

I also don't see why it can't be put around objectives. It can be completely ignored if you crouch over it to save or do a gen just like against hag...so why prevent that?

When it comes down to it, is he better than the top 5 killers? No, so why are we trying to nerf him.

• HumanarianHumanarian Member Posts: 214

Can we please put the useless emotions aside and take a look for the good rational reasons why he needs a nerf? That is, if you have any to offer, of course. Aside from "it's obvious". You're talking about a Middle Tier Killer who excels at the chases and anti-looping, but has no mobility options and thus, little to no gen pressure. His insta-down is a confirmed bug, so what other reasons do you have to offer for nerfing him, I wonder? Other than the Killer player consistently outplaying you with Punishment of the Damned, which relies heavily on the Killer player's ability to predict the Survivor's movement as it requires chanelling and has animation.

That's quite disappointing to hear that his insta-down is a bug.

• HumanarianHumanarian Member Posts: 214

Honestly, it did feel suspicious that it worked only on such specific conditions and wasn't described in the Power notes. Besides, even a good Killer player would have lots of trouble actually pulling it off against the really skilled Survivors, so, no big loss here. The important thing is that the dev don't apply any unreasonable nerfs to him, he's actually really good and nicely ballanced as he is now, in my opinion.

• Customapple0Customapple0 Member Posts: 629

He shouldn’t be able to see the auras of caged survivors. That’s the only nerf I’d suggest. At least then it’ll stop PH players from making a beeline for the caged survivor and tunnelling them.

For how hard it is to pull off I kinda liked it as a high skill cap addition. I agree he seems decent how he is though. I'd only make some small changes to his Torment that I mentioned in my above post. His perks also need heavy work.

• blue4zionblue4zion Member Posts: 2,418

Really I'd give him some more time, there's no way you've found every possible way to counter him already.

• HURRI_KAINHURRI_KAIN Member Posts: 358

Original Poster is correct, new killer is very OP.

1st, the time he saves by not transporting to hooks, and denying all opportunities of teammates to save them. This is the single most OP trait of this killer.

2nd, his ranged AoE attack. Enough said, Ranged AoE, AoE is a super powerful ability, and must be used sparingly to keep the game balanced. Oni's AoE is questionable due to his speed, but at least it only is when he is powered up. But having a base kit, ranged AoE with little charge up is a very OP ability.

When these two are coupled he'll be the next top tier killer with Spirit and Nurse.

If those powers are not changed the only way I can think to possible attempt to balance would be to decrease his speed. 110 may work and would be more like the traditional character too. P Head isn't known for being fast.

• lambdabrlambdabr Member Posts: 14

He has a 0 cooldown infinite times ranged ability. Better delete huntress from the game if you are going to put in pyramid.