Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

patch 4.0.0 is just a hotfix.

Aztreonam78Aztreonam78 Member Posts: 1,070

The Clown does no longer slow himself down after throwing a bottle...

Thats all the balance changes? Seriously? No perk changes, no buffs for Trapper, Pig, Legion, no new features for the game itself (as iti is with no DLC, only default characters)? No closing the gap between solos and swf? No mori changes?

I know, Pyramid Head, canonic Killer, mysterious Survivor and so on... But without them and graphical improvements the whole patch 4.0.0 seems to be no more than just a hotfix. Although, they fixed the bag causing dying Survivors to be completely silent, yeeeaaaah.

Comments

• SpiritLover1133SpiritLover1133 Member Posts: 214

DbD has always been an endless chain of bug fixes. Seems that not even in the next 2 years DbD will ever function without having over 10 bugs per new update.

• Aven_FallenAven_Fallen Member Posts: 11,953

They said in their most recent Q&A that they are looking into Clown. I am pretty sure he will get more Changes.

This was one which was easy to implement and which will bring an improvement, without having any fear to buff the Clown too much. So no reason to not bring it right now.

• copperslycoppersly Member Posts: 2,318

To be fair when it's a new license killer they usually focus almost exclusively on that for content and combine it with bug fixes so this isn't too unexpected or bad, just disappointing.

What's great to note here is that there isn't a single bug fix for Nurse. Still chugging along with all the game breaking bugs oh yeah baby

• megdonaldsmegdonalds Member Posts: 742

Less changes, less (new) bugs.

• RespectfulnancymainRespectfulnancymain Member Posts: 1,816
  • xChrisxxChrisx Member Posts: 917

My question is a bit of topic for the thread we are but ill ask anyway, in the livestream noone mention if we will keep receive one dlc every 3 months, can u say something about it? Also, why this year we dont have a roadmap image? Thank u

• TheButcherTheButcher Member Posts: 871

I do not see why you would see adding a Killer with as many mechanics as he has, and a survivor with 3 perk's that interact uniquely with so much in the maps to be a hotfix. There is so much content here, the new map alone isn't even a hotfix - so much work had been put into it. Not only is it a big map but with a lot of detail and minor things added - would have taken me years to do alone, I imagine quite a few months for the team that works on maps.

Then on top of that they made balancing changes to Clown, and plan for more for the release. This is looking like a very big patch to me.