Home Dead by Daylight Forums PTB Feedback Archives 4.0.0 PTB Bug Reporting

4K skill checks still smaller than 1080p

The 4K looks beautiful, but the skill checks really should be the same size as it is in 1080p.

It makes it more difficult when going up against killers like the Doctor.

3 votes

Acknowledged · Last Updated

Comments

• RydogRydog Member Posts: 3,203

Maybe this wouldn't be such an issue if they ADDED AN ACTUAL RESOLUTION SELECTION FEATURE like a normal game.

• zirqzzirqz Member Posts: 4

I literally jumped happily when i saw the mention of fixes for scaling on 4K screens in the patch notes but then I went on the test build and the ui was still small..... At least now mouse clicks register always without having to change scaling but still..... You'd think they'd upscale the UI to match 1080 especially since you have to constantly hit skill checks that get smaller while hooked in the cage vs Executioner

• ZensunimZensunim Member Posts: 116
    edited May 2020

I'm finding the smaller size and thinner circle makes it's easier to lose the skill check circle in the environment as well (white wall in the background or bright lights with the camera angle while I'm trying to look down the hallway for a stealth killer).

• FullFreshFullFresh Member Posts: 23
    edited May 2020

4K is supposed to be smaller ....

you're cramming more pixels with the same screen, end result = smaller objects and images.

The higher the resolution the smaller the projectiles get, either way, if they make it bigger for 4K (as you want) it may cover the whole screen with smaller resolutions (not just skillcheks talking in general).

There is no way of fixing that, it's just how resolutions work.

• zirqzzirqz Member Posts: 4

I know how 4K res and its pixel density works with shrinking things but I've played other games and never come across this issue outside of dbd. A competent company would add proper UI scaling sizes according to different resolutions especially after 4 years. If some people prefer larger or smaller Ui I don't see why it should be hard to add a UI scaling setting in-game or at least a proper resolution setting in-game that actually shows sizes like 1920x1080 or 3840x2160 instead of it being a resolution slider. I would love to just lock my in-game res to 1080 if that's the only way to have bigger UI on my 4K screen.

• FullFreshFullFresh Member Posts: 23

BHVR can't add basic stuff and you are talking about stuff like that :D

It would be good but no, not in the near future at least.