Home Discussions General Discussions
The 4.6.0 PTB is now available on Steam. For full details, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/231267

Punish hook suicides

RydogRydog Member Posts: 3,160

I don't understand why Behaviour doesn't punish hook suicides the same as disconnects. It makes no sense and legitimizes griefing, because it amounts to nothing more than a penalty-free DC.

Just had a game where two players -- red rank players! -- suicided on-hook inside of the first two minutes. Then, somehow, I'm the one who gets de-pipped for it. It's unbelievable how maliciously negligent Behaviour is with certain aspects of this game, and this is most certainly one of them.

Comments

• kaerukaeru Member Posts: 983

I often report them for unsportsmanlike conduct because they refuse playing and let team down as much as being afk. I don't know if it's make any effect.

I agree about score for killer and maybe even survivors. But somehow it should be count as suicide on hook. What if killer just facecamp his first survivor to force him die on first hook? That's rare and ineffective tactic but it should not be award killer. I want to make it clear: Suicide on first hook is when survivor make escape attempt and refuse to struggle. If survivor struggle all of his second stage - that not should be count as suicide, even if he died on first hook. If survivor missed spacebar by mistake - it still should be count as suicide, because it's really rare moments.

Why do you even play if you don't want to play? It's an opposite of altruism - suicide to f**k up your team.

• ChriskoChrisko Member Posts: 272

I would suggest a rework. Replace them with a bot as soon as they stop struggling. The bot will continue with the game. This gives killers a survivor to hook and preserves the 4v1 aspect for a bit

• supersonic853supersonic853 Member Posts: 2,560
    edited May 2020

Ph already does by not allowing you to hook suicide. Just make hooks like his cages where you do nothing at first and then have to complete skillchecks but if you fail you only die alittle quicker so you still cant hook suicide.

• I_Teabag_GateI_Teabag_Gate Member Posts: 126

Yes you can.

Don't start a game if you won't finish it.

• johnmwarnerjohnmwarner Member Posts: 3,793

Stop with the “they suicided or DC because you play an unfun style.”

A pretty common occurrence is someone with OoO clicky clicks me into a chase and they aren’t nearly as good at looping as they think so they go down in like ten seconds. They die on first hook most likely so they can try again to get a “bad killer,” that they can loop for highlights.

What a crap analogy.

You screw over everyone else in the game by killing yourself on hook. It should be punishable.

• johnmwarnerjohnmwarner Member Posts: 3,793

If you didn’t wanna be in the game why did you queue up? Oh you mean you only want to be in the game against bad killers like Clown, without Ruin, and he can’t spot you first, or down you... because those all spoil the game.

Alos how do killers get out a game in the first minute without DC?

• VeenVeen Member Posts: 705

Killer can't either die or be screwed over by their teammates.

• HelloThereHelloThere Member Posts: 54
    edited May 2020

I don't think it's a good idea since no one knows was that hook suicide or did the survivor fail to struggle (newbie, keyboard/ controler fail or distracted) . Or what about the hook suicides to give the hatch the last survivor.

Also the DC paneltise are not as good as they sounded at first. Of course players who abuse the Funktion should be punished but as it shows there is no way to leave game if it isn't fun anymore, as an example: all four survivors lay on the ground being sluged by the killer. You decide to die on the ground so you DC. Or you are glitched into something and you can't leave. What do you do DC. There is a bee in the room I'm playing. What do i do DC and leave the room immediately.

There is a reason why people kill them self on hooks. Sometimes they are good and sometimes they are bad.

• ayayaayaya Member Posts: 163

First introduce ping and fps kick

• HelloThereHelloThere Member Posts: 54

Do you think the games fun when you wait to bleed out on the ground with your team mates, while the killer just stares at you. Still worst game i remember so far. I didn't dc but wished i did.

• BovinityBovinity Member Posts: 1,522
    edited May 2020

But why?

Screw yourself out of the points and get a longer DC penalty than the bleed out timer.

I know people love to think that they're really upsetting killers with this stuff, but generally they're just laughing about it. (I had two DC's in a game last night - one of them while I was taking them to the hatch because I felt merciful after the first DC! What a goofball. Post game chat they told me that I deserve every DC I ever get because I had the nerve to play Legion. I was laughing the entire time.)

Also, people really need to lose this "fun" argument. You queued for a game. You can lose that game. People don't get to act like a baby just because "losing isn't fun!"

This whole debate is about how it SHOULD be punishable. There was a time a killer could bodyblock a survivor for hours without being banned,

There was no name calling. Don't be a bitch doesn't mean the person is a bitch. I cut my grass today but I'm not a gardener.

It's not selfish to expect people to comply with social norms of not being selfish. You don't see people in basketball games deciding they don't want to play anymore and screwing everyone else over.

I actually do DC/Hook suicide. I won't play an Iri Head Huntress, I won't play the Game or Lerys if the killer puts the Offering on. I acknowledge I'm being a bitch about it and maybe my teammates would have liked to play. I accept the devs should punish this behaviour.