Home Discussions General Discussions
Due to latency issues in the PTB, we have decided to postpone the server hit validation test until after the update releases on the live version of the game. We will let you know when the test will take place as soon as we can. Thank you all for your patience.

Stretched resolution is cheating (not_queen on true's stream)

2»

Comments

• Angelicus23Angelicus23 Member Posts: 1,450

Oh thear someone still didn't show me proof and wants to show some ego. Ok.

revise this forum post above, the date you can check is indeed after the anti aliasing force, as you can see in the nvidia FPS counter, I have way more than 60 fps. This proves how you're wrong and lying. Again, ini files just changes quality, not brightness or anything miscelaneous, I dare you to SHOW ME PROOF before you comment again just like I did.

"Please, get informed before you try and come at me and responding. Check yourself before you wreck yourself and all that." well I just did, now your turn. Again, show proof. :)

Sorry I can't relate that's a cheat because I checked by myself that no. One of my discord friends has a monitor like that, he's sometime sending screenshots of his random moments and stuff to show off, and the resolution is similar to stretched, just the difference is that characters don't look fat and you dont need to look down lo see propperly, and loops have the same visual.

btw thanks for the link tip, it didn't work for me embedded so I made sure people could watch it by adding the link too.

• PrettyFaceKatePrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 1,335

I was being ironic, man. I put the /s tag in it for that reason. It's all good, I'm with you on this one.

oh sorry lmao. My apologies. I didn't know what did that mean. Now here I can admit my mistake. Again sorry xD

• PrettyFaceKatePrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 1,335

No need to apologize. I misunderstand online posts all the time.

edited May 31

ok this comment doesn't match with the discussion but I see it needed.

Yes, there was a need of me to apologize because I'm showing the people how everyone need to get used to say sorry and admit their mistakes for a more healthy conversation or discussion, if I didn't say sorry, I would have ended looking like a biased person, so I recognised my mistake and gave you the right.

You can see on my answers of this thread to the person before you how I showed proofs of how I am right and he's not, he stopped replying instead of admitting he's wrongly informed and he didn't check anything himself like I did and screenshotted. I can just recover my repoects on him if he admitted on lying of his information while answering me in a not needed toxic way.

Ok I'm taking this a bit serious but I think this is how everyone should act to make discussions fun and healthy.

• MandyTalkMandyTalk Mod, Co-ordinator Posts: 6,847

Anti Aliasing wasn't locked due to it giving an advantage to some over others. That section was locked because people were able to make adjustments to files in that section that DID give an in game advantage and unfortunately the whole section had to be locked and the side effect of that was that people couldn't switch AA off.

and some people blamed on the AA for that because it was the biggest inpact and most noticeaable thing for the people.

the whole ini file wasnt blocked during that time, at least for me because maybe it was an unintended bug? idk, but my FPS were unlocked as I showed before, it was just the AA what didnt work.

however I tried to do research before of how people made unfair things with ini files and still didn't find anything so I would be very apreciated if in case it was possible to show me footage or something about those unfair advantages, I want to check myself.

• MandyTalkMandyTalk Mod, Co-ordinator Posts: 6,847

Just because some people blamed AA for that, does not mean that they were correct, and no I'm definitely not going to show off video's of people cheating in the game!

The files were blocked at that time and as I said the ability to switch off AA was just a side effect, we were unable to implement it any differently at the time.

Further confirmation here from Peanits.

• survivormain1105survivormain1105 Member Posts: 311

Sooooo ur saying changing your screen to benefit you is cheating???

ok please quote me so I can answer faster because I can't know when someone posts here. I didnt say that's the reason, just that some people blamed on AA. That's all.

Next point: I believe you, I might have seen that comment before, however, that's not what I wanted to see as I said in my comment, people just mentions malicious tweaks, but I want to see those things myself, otherwise I can't trust it

• DwightOPDwightOP Member Posts: 2,296

So me playing on a Microsoft surface laptop with native 4:3 res is cheating @not_Queen?

Balanced around idiots who can't find out by themselves what options do? Wow, that's some great view the devs have on us lol

• HanHan Member Posts: 109

You see more than you're supposed to, it's an unfair advantage, it's cheating, end of story.

• xenotimebongxenotimebong Member Posts: 714

The even funnier thing is that Tru3 uses third party software to adjust his audio settings so he has an advantage when playing killer. That’s okay though apparently.

• TAGTAG Member Posts: 6,736

Last I remember, he was adjusting the audio settings to fix audio problems he was having in-game. That's not the same thing as giving yourself in-game advantages you shouldn't have.

The game is balanced around sight and sound. The devs themselves have said that it’s harder to hear survivors in a chase for a reason, to give them a chance to escape. Messing with sound settings is no different from messing with visual settings, he can say it’s to “fix problems” all he wants but the people using stretched res could say exactly the same. He’s just a hypocrite.

edited May 31

But what if there are genuine problems with the audio that are a result of his sound settings, and he's adjusting his settings to return them to normal?

What if someone has genuine problems with their FPS that are a result of their set up, and they adjust their resolution to return them to normal?

• twistedmonkeytwistedmonkey Member, Trusted Posts: 3,797

The only way to find this out is to do a Google search as these are considered cheats so no one can post links to them as its against the rules. These tweaks have been common knowledge for a long time but can only be done on PC of course.

I dont see why you wouldnt trust what Peanits or Mandytalk say. They are the voices of those within BHVR actually working on the game here. They just can't say exactly how something is done for obvious reasons.

If that's genuine, and no other solutions seem to work, then what else can you do?

Again I already tried to search. Found nothing, that's why I mention I can imagine.

Also Mathieu said flashlights were fine until he got destroyed by a korean group of swf. During that time, would you have also said so, giving the right part to the ones over you.

• wojtechwojtech Member Posts: 130

It would be good if audio settings were separated from graphics settings in game options.

• twistedmonkeytwistedmonkey Member, Trusted Posts: 3,797

I found them easy enough and its why I mentioned it. No one can help you search or say what to search here. If you can't find the right words to search ask somewhere else like reddid, ask in some streamers chats, try youtube etc.

Flashlights were entirely different. They are a mechanic within the game which were seen to be too strong. It was just a nerf to them much like many other things which have been changed.

The change to the locking the ini files was to stop the exploitation of the system as they were being manipulated in many ways to gain unfair advantages. Once you find it you will see exactly why.

• survivormain1105survivormain1105 Member Posts: 311

Apparently! Banned cheater!! How do you sleep at night!!!

• GoodBoyKaruGoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 1,931

I literally can't without showing cheats which is against forum rules on so many levels lol

• MadLordJackMadLordJack Member Posts: 512
    edited May 31

I just watched both of those clips, the first is a deliberately chosen poor example and the second is a deliberately created poor example. In tru3's clip, stretched Res (as seen in the second clip, I followed the link) would have made it significantly easier to see. While the Huntress was slightly visible on screen, she would have been almost plain as day with the fov of the second clip, because if she had been walking down the side of the rock you would be able to see her doing so with the extra fov, and if she isn't there she is attempting to hide her red glow and you know where she is. As it stands, she was visible for a couple of frames in the upper right corner, reversing for a throw. However, in the moment it is very easy to miss, as evidenced by the fact that you had to go out of your way to highlight it in a screenshot instead of just posting the clip.

And the second clip is about as arrogantly set up as the first, he deliberately chose a low loop that doesn't showcase stretched res's advantage. Those farm walls right behind him are where it really shines, you just tilt your camera down and bam, killer appears. Technically it would be possible to do that with hay bales, but only with a crouching pig or Ghostface, and even then it would be difficult to see. And he was using ini editing to force the killers red light to show through the walls.

But even ignoring that, let's go back to the age-old stretched res question: why run it at all, since it makes the game look so ugly, as evidenced in the second clip?

• Fiv55Fiv55 Member Posts: 269

Dont think that he has an advantage, but he had sound issues for a long time. He blamed the game/devs all the time, I thought it might be a hardware issue bc other people had issues with the sound as well. The 3rd party program you're referring to is probably the driver (software) for his sound card. But you cant make one thing louder/clearer, without changing all other sounds. He'd have to dig into the game files, unpack the audio file and edit the volume.

I cant quote you on the previous page, so imma do it this way ;)

Dont think he this was his intention to prove a point there. He just did a mistake, which he tries to play down. Even tho this is really one of the strongest loops ingame, bc you can see the killer 90% of the time (except right at the haystack and big tree). I asked him on multiple occasions nicely on his thoughts about the crosshair on ranged killers like huntress or deathslinger, which he ignored. Ofc there are a lot of people talking with him, could be a coincidence but it seems like he doesnt want to say anything about it. Imo gunslinger with crosshair is even more broken compared to stretched res, even tho you can stretch res without any 3rd party tool and you need one for the crosshair.

Back in the days he used to be very analytical about his statements, I really enjoyed his content. But every time he doesnt play optimal / does mistakes / gets outplayed now he blames smth else. Yes his only experience with stretched res seems to be videos/pictures that people send him (he looked at them during the stream). Not saying that it doesnt give you an advantage, but its not that big as he claims it is.

Darn, let's ban all surface notebook users! It's the best way to keep this e sport ready game safe from cheaters!