Home Discussions General Discussions
Due to latency issues in the PTB, we have decided to postpone the server hit validation test until after the update releases on the live version of the game. We will let you know when the test will take place as soon as we can. Thank you all for your patience.

Playing killer feels really un-fun and unfair currently.

2»

Comments

• Angelicus23Angelicus23 Member Posts: 1,450

So your idea is that we're removing the fun of 4 players in the match so only 1 gets it (secured in every single match).

Ok dude.

You're talking like if killers didnt have op perks like enduring with spirit fury, barbecue, noed, bloodwarden, ... You should also play more survivor, reach red rannks and see the ammount of toxic killers that there are, not only the survivors are, and that's just a bad prejudgment. Also the current actions times are not even fun, not sure what's the point of getting one shot downs in 10 seconds of chase because I don't even see the fun there. the current hatch system, if you are not aware, is a nerf from the old system, without end game collapse, the match was always just an eye staring game between the survivor and the killer until the killer decided to hit the survivor to let him go away. And if you just rely on scratchmarks for finding them, means you don't know much about the game, because crows and far movements are a thing, also if killers played in third person, it would be inpossible to track anything in their front for having themselves blocking the pov.

• 5thPerkSlot5thPerkSlot Member Posts: 396

Have you tried tornado'ing a surv right before hooking? That's pretty fun. Press left (clockwise) or right (anti clockwise), 2 or 3 loops are enough to tornado

• cenoflamecenoflame Member Posts: 200

I have a simple solution. Bring back OG Hex: Ruin.

• Johnny_XManJohnny_XMan Member Posts: 2,269
    edited June 1

I think it’s very hard to give you proper advice when you have basically listed things that many of us who have experience are not seeing.

I’m not saying more experience will gain you 4ks all the time but if you understand how the game works and not just what perks do. You’ll see it’s not as bad as you think.

Survivors that know what they are doing will always juke you even if they don’t have “meta perks”. Unless you understand how to avoid it. Yesterday I had a couple of people relentlessly trying to get a flashlight save (and granted they were good, I also play survivor) so they got 1, but I made sure they were both injured so then I went for one of them instead, ended up snowballing after I slugged the recently unhooked b/c I had a feeling they had DS so come to find out they had unbreakable. Mind you in the meantime 1 person on gens.

Basically what I am trying to say is you can’t rely on them not having certain perks. You have to rely on outplaying them and figuring out a plan. The game isn’t cookie cutter down-hook-down. Sometimes it’s more like down-injure someone else-hook-down-down-slug etc.

• Aven_FallenAven_Fallen Member Posts: 5,313
    edited June 1

If I am new to a game, it is completely ok for me to not be good. This goes for every game.

Let alone that Killer is the easiest it has ever been.

• SquirrelKnightSquirrelKnight Member Posts: 595

Doesnt mean its easy, so you intentionally pick on someone for not being good when they are new??? He says that he isnt that good and hes new so your responce is "It sounds like you SUCK".

• Aven_FallenAven_Fallen Member Posts: 5,313

Well, he certainly did not ask for advice. He just complained.

Why do people complain about stuff they dont know? Instead of trying to be better? Asking for advice?

But of course, this Forum sees "Oh, someone says Killer is hard, this person is right!!!11"

• PoweasPoweas Member Posts: 5,875
    edited June 1

I kinda think it's balanced right now with killers like 'Slinger. OP's problem is that they are new so wont know mindgames and that they haven't tried survivor, as you said. That being said, they always have room to improve as killers like Deathslinger, considering that he, like Huntress, isn't that limited potential-wise.

• PoweasPoweas Member Posts: 5,875

You never know how good people are until you actually see them play. Don't underestimate them (although you're fine to say that about me, I came back from a break and I'm nothing compared to my old self, at survivor anyways, as killer I'm about the same).

Also, have you ever considered that maybe, just maybe, the killers you've faced are trash? I used to be able to do exactly what you do until I started facing GOOD killers then I realised I was good, usually able to carry the team, but I wasn't able to loop ANY killer for five gens, I could manage 1 or 2 gen chases consistently against good killers.

I highly doubt you're facing good killers, put you up against a good Nurse, Freddy, Doc, Myers, Huntress, Billy, Oni or Hag and you'd die in a heartbeat, I can guarantee that. Since switching to PC, I've faced some Billies, Nurses, Spirits, Hags, Freddys and Huntresses that are so good, that all the chases rely on their skill ALONE, and the survivors can hardly do anything against them.

• SquirrelKnightSquirrelKnight Member Posts: 595

How about because a lot of what hes facing are real problems new players face. Things that are a detriment to the game because when a new player encounters situations that distort the rules of the game they had been taught, it is frustrating. Yeah, DS has counters, yeah BT has counters. But those are perks that drastically change the rules and if you are learning killer. Noone tells you how these changes work except for "Maybe you are just a bad killer, You suck nub baby killer ggez"

• undeadcookieundeadcookie Member Posts: 164

Of course it's okay to not be good as a new player. What's not okay is being condescending to a new player for no reason other than thinking you have big internet pp. Toxic communities turn people off of investing in titles.

• SpiritLover1133SpiritLover1133 Member Posts: 170

my friends moved to PC 2 months ago and they destroyed a rank 1 huntress with Iridescent head + Ivory Mori on stream and spammed “EZZZ” “NOOB KILLER” on game chat.

• SpiritLover1133SpiritLover1133 Member Posts: 170

my friends moved to PC 2 months ago and they destroyed a rank 1 huntress with Iridescent head + Ivory Mori on stream and spammed “EZZZ” “NOOB KILLER” on game chat.

• EvilJoshyEvilJoshy Member Posts: 1,425

OP bought the game awhile ago and even they can tell this game is survivor sided.

• DudeDeliciousDudeDelicious Member Posts: 7,851

It doesn’t matter which Killer they’re using. As killers go up in rank, and face higher rank survivors much more regularly, matches become endurance slogs of seeing if you as killer have the mental stamina to slowly wear the survivors down.

That’s really only how most of my matches have gone where I have indeed won. Sometimes it can be an endurance slog just to get 1 or 2 kills. It can be very tiring, and sometimes I think that’s also the reason the survivors I kill get killed: they’re tired.

• OldHunterLightOldHunterLight Member Posts: 562

Learn from mistakes, you will never get better if you are changing how you play, learn survivor patterns as you play, always try finding the weakest player, it doesn't matter if the survivor is good or bad, pressure is pressure, get teachables and try new stuff, you will get better in time.

On the harsh part, don't play Deathslinger only, try using other killers until you find that killer you are good with.

• ZttIIZttII Member Posts: 8

I agree that killer can be frustrating, especially if you're still learning all of the perks. I think a problem with nerfing second chance perks is that in a solo queue some of them are mandatory because you can't really rely on your teammates. If a survivor comes and farms you off the hook, what are you supposed to do? It's not up to the killer to not down you again, so things like unbreakable and DS can basically save your life. The problem is they can be abused by SWF, but that's the nature of asymmetric games. They can swing really hard one way or the other, and momentum plays a huge role in who wins.

• tlehkytlehky Member Posts: 28

well, for a beginer you have quiete correct picture... bcz u can rly be on top of ur game and you still wont have fun xd

I mean that funbus straight into shack window thingy is really just cancer where its not rly important to bring or talk about any perk when you can jump 24/7 around like a derp right? srsly