Home Discussions General Discussions
Due to latency issues in the PTB, we have decided to postpone the server hit validation test until after the update releases on the live version of the game. We will let you know when the test will take place as soon as we can. Thank you all for your patience.

Please stop using self-care

So, my friends and I were a 3 man swf and there was a Kate we were on dead dawg saloon with a huntress with sloppy butcher, nurse's calling, barbeque, and blood warden. So we all were injured at like the beginning of the game cause we're bad lmao and I have bond on and the Kate is selfcaring whilst there is tier 3 sloppy butcher like I would rather they bring a brown medkit instead of self care like it wastes so much time like please bring medkits please. P.s we all escaped cept me and Kate.

Comments

• Malakitty110Malakitty110 Member Posts: 7

Fair point. P.s three survivors can't heal one survivor only two

• DeadeyeDeadeye Member Posts: 2,063

Just as addition: of course it is also bad if the survivor runs across the map to find a stupid unsafe healing spot in the middle of nowhere. That "running across the map" wastes time as well and a longer healing time increases the chances to get found by the killer before you finished. This is just less likely to happen when you are done quicker. But this is again a survivor thing, not a perk thing. Finding safe healing spots is not that hard, but many people think "get out of LOS" is sufficient.

I know. But that is 3 people busy, so 3 people not doing gens. 1 healed, 2 healing

• Malakitty110Malakitty110 Member Posts: 7
  • CashelP14CashelP14 Member Posts: 2,149

I was killer and I told a survivor after the game how running self care really wasn't really good. Especially since I'm playing Bubba where I've literally gotten every down except for one or two with the chainsaw.

There reply was that they were devotion 17 and they can run whatever they want 😂 I asked for a picture of their rank, what a shock I didn't get a reply.

They played like a devotion 17 *cough* *cough* lol

• LastShoeLastShoe Member Posts: 714
  • katoptriskatoptris Member Posts: 988

Seeing it as killer make game easier. I run a slow heal build on doc and yet people are still self healing.

If you waste 32 seconds healing and I down you with the chainsaw in about 5 then it wasn't pretty dumb. Especially when within those 32 seconds I can get all 3 stacks of PWYF.

Genuinely if self care was as good as people think then why are all the "sweaty swat swf" teams not running it? It's because it wastes time and doesn't help your team.

Also in this game I got upwards of 10 downs with the chainsaw so it should show why self caring was a waste. After this survivor self cared I found them and downed them within 10 seconds of completing their self care.

Sweaty SWF don't run it cuz they have other means and loop good enough to play without healing at all. If you count the games, there is quite a lot of Selfcare used in red ranks (beneath the fact that red ranks means nothing).

Did you readmy post? First one in this thread. The time you waste doesn't matter. It is the same amount if you are healed or heal yourself. When asking someone on a gen for a heal, Selfcare would be even better. It is just how the survivor decides to use this perk, what can mess up games, but you don't need specific perks for that to happen

• xenotimebongxenotimebong Member Posts: 714

I hate survivors who don’t heal. If I could choose, I would choose a team of 4 Self Cares over a team of 4 people who do gens injured, every single time.

Don’t get me wrong, sometimes healing is necessary, especially against certain killers. But a team of people who spend at least 32 seconds healing every time I injure them? Easy game for me.

• Black_FenceBlack_Fence Member Posts: 227

Bond is better than self care. Use Bond, to find someone to heal you if you are that scared of being injured. Better yet run iron will and just don't give a [BAD WORD] about being injured, that is what I do anyway.

Self care is a massive waste of time, half the time the killer will hear you healing unless you ran away from the hook which is an even longer waste of time. Self care doesn't help anyone on your team accept you so really if you are arguing it is viable it is only viable for solo-q. There is nothing worse than dying on the hook because immersed Claudy wants to self-care before she can rescue. If I could ban the perk I would because as a solo queuer I have learned that people that use SC think it is brilliant because they can gain a health state, but in reality they waste someone elses because by the time you are healed someone has probably gone down and you have done [BAD WORD] all. It also encourages people to hate being injured. Being injured is not the end of the world (SC users seem to think it is) it is better to push 32 seconds of a gen then it is to SC because if you waste that 32 someone is probably gunna get hooked and/or die.

To me self care is the equivalent of no mither, yeah you get to change from one health state to another but the drawback of the perk is way to big. SC used to be meta now it is just trash. If you are red ranks and using self care you don't belong in red ranks simple as. I have taken the time to list perks that can be altruistic that is better than self care:

Inner Strength

Adrenaline

Pharmacy

We'll make it

Botany Knowledge (if you pair it with self care you are even more dumb, wasting 2 perk slots for something inner strength can do twice as quick...)

Plunderers

Resilience

For the people

Believe me I know there is a lot of Self Care in red ranks 😂 definitely not what I want to see. It's a bad sign that killers usually see self care as a fifth killer perk lol

Yea I just read it. The thing about it is your using efficiency as your prime point. Imagine if we both are standing next a gen with 0 progress. We have three options:

1. You Self Care: I get 32 seconds worth of progress then we finish the gen in I'm guessing about 27 seconds (compensating for the slowdown).
    2. I heal you: 16 seconds of nothing then 46 seconds of generator work.
    3. You don't heal: We both rush the gen in 46 seconds. We can heal after if you want.

The thing is option 3 is more likely to avoid a pop or the killer coming to the gen. If the killer sees a gen nearly done he will guard it. If he recently hooked someone then he's more likely to get value out of pop if we use option 1 or 2.

This is the way most people think imo. I don't want to get a gen 3/4 for the killer to kick it or guard it. If you help me complete the gen I'll heal you but before that I want to finish my gen. Self care users are like urban players in that they use it badly and usually hurt the team more than help it. Spine chill was another perk I hated till I learned that it's only bad on babies.

I actually run inner strength. I don't go actively seeking totems and will rush gens injured. However if I see one then I'll grab it and use it when I think it's necessary. It can also be used well with other perks like ds and head-on.

• OtakuBurritoOtakuBurrito Member Posts: 491

No

• Angelicus23Angelicus23 Member Posts: 1,450

spread the word

• BossBoss Member, Trusted Posts: 10,207
  • thrawn3054thrawn3054 Member Posts: 2,834

Pairing Botany with Self Care isn't dumb. It's the only way to make it a good choice. And since it let's you heal others faster it's good by itself.

Your three options only work if the killer doesn't approach you. The main counter argument against Selfcare. If you don't face the killer, healing is generally the worst option. If you face him, you have a down. That's why you have to decide if you wanna heal or not, and that depends on your skill. Also, point 3 is the same like point one, only giving the killer 16 seconds less time to interrupt you.

And don't forget about my point regarding the 26 seconds of extra chase you can get, by just running. That gives the other guy 26 seconds on the gen. Plus other survivors that might work on gens as well.

It is not all about gen progress. Being injured can have a lot of side effects. You need to optimize how you use your time, and going down easy in chases is not a win to the team at all. Agreed if you need to finish a gen when Pop is in play. Finish the gen, the healthy one can take a hit, then Selfcare, but again, also healing in general would be a bad idea.

For example: We had once a Pop Clown and wanted to finish a gen to waste the active Pop, after the Clown just hooked someone. The fourth guy cleansed Haunted Grounds right after the hook. My friend said "let's finish it". Clown approached, he got downed, I finished it and got downed after that. 3 downs for one gen, totally not worth it. The slowdown we got from that was way heavier than the Pop could do. Gen speed is not everything, especially when it gets closer to death hook. Once a mate is out of the game, you have a bigger problem than a person healing some times.

• RaccoonRaccoon Member Posts: 3,231

Self-Care + Botany is not too egregious at any rank.

Throw on DS + (Exhaustion of your choice) and you have a pretty decent solo build / Alternative to Detective's Hunch - Inner Strength.

• PoweasPoweas Member Posts: 5,875

SC should honestly take 28 seconds, that'd be in the middle of 32 and 24 (old and OP SC's number). Then the devs could decrease from there.

Yeah, people Self Caring can be irritating as heck, but I think it's wrong to discourage them from using it.

• TheetisTheetis Member Posts: 152

Self-Care is one of the strongest killer perks.