Home Discussions General Discussions
Due to an issue with Hit Validation affecting interactions with Oni players, we are temporarily disabling the feature until the next hotfix.

"Targeting specific users repeatedly in order to ruin their game experience" Clarification

2»

Comments

• WarthogFuryWarthogFury Member Posts: 19
    Wow. What a coincidence that your talking about this because yesterday I just had a salty survivor text me saying I tunnelled even though I fresh hooked everyone and they said they were going to get their friends to tunnel me ingame if they get me which I accused of targeting because it’s attempting to ruin my experience multiple times.
  • powerbatspowerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@WarthogFury said:
    Wow. What a coincidence that your talking about this because yesterday I just had a salty survivor text me saying I tunnelled even though I fresh hooked everyone and they said they were going to get their friends to tunnel me ingame if they get me which I accused of targeting because it’s attempting to ruin my experience multiple times.

Did you report the one that threatened you even though they probably won't, they'll bully people that way till they get nailed. For me i just ignore them and laugh silently at them because false reports don't get you nailed.

• This is a dumb rule that is too open to personal interpretation. Also as a killer main what if I focus someone not to “ruin their game experience”, but to improve MY game experience? There are a number of survivors who always abuse the crappiest loops on every map, run the most “toxic” perks, always carry flashlights. Survivors whose sole purpose every match is to annoy the killer and waste as much of their time as they can while their teammates obliterate the gens.

Im not allowed to remove these players from my game ASAP? That doesn’t make sense. If I see these players in my lobby it’s either a mori or a hard patrol when they’re hooked and they aren’t lasting long after that. 

Then again I’m on Xbox so I don’t think bans are even possible there.
  • aproposapropos Member Posts: 245
    edited September 2018

I'd be surprised if this rule will ever be enforced because it would be so damned hard to prove. I'd venture to guess that people who are reported for violating this rule, would be banned sooner for something else.

@Well_Placed_HexTotem said:
    This is a dumb rule that is too open to personal interpretation. Also as a killer main what if I focus someone not to “ruin their game experience”, but to improve MY game experience? There are a number of survivors who always abuse the crappiest loops on every map, run the most “toxic” perks, always carry flashlights. Survivors whose sole purpose every match is to annoy the killer and waste as much of their time as they can while their teammates obliterate the gens.

Im not allowed to remove these players from my game ASAP? That doesn’t make sense. If I see these players in my lobby it’s either a mori or a hard patrol when they’re hooked and they aren’t lasting long after that.

Then again I’m on Xbox so I don’t think bans are even possible there.

This times a million ^ There are people that just run around activating my traps while I'm playing the hag... it seems like it's all they do. They follow me, wait til I set a trap, and immediately activate it. Really obnox, but hey, it is what it is I suppose.

• thesuicidefoxthesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,027

It says "repeatedly" which makes it sound like it's something over the course of many games not just one.

• redsopine1redsopine1 Member Posts: 1,437
    Seriously screen shots have built in time dates only a lazy dev or mid wouldn't look at the coding date of the screen shot and notice there incredibly far apart