Home PTB Feedback Archives 4.0.0 PTB Feedback
Due to an issue with Hit Validation affecting interactions with Oni players, we are temporarily disabling the feature until the next hotfix.

Increase The Executioner's cooldown after cancelling his ability

TrueLegendTrueLegend Member Posts: 25

At the moment, The Executioner can start and cancel his ability at some loops to force the survivor out of them. It's not a mind game the survivor doesn't have a choice but to leave and it's a really frustrating way to lose a chase. It's much like The Deathslinger (which has to be by far the most hated killer by survivors) where he can just start and cancel his abillity to force survivors to wiggle left and right and lose distance since if they don't he can simply shoot and it's a free kill either way. These kind of mindgames not only don't require skill but they are uncounterable and frustrating. If a killer gets a hit or a down he should earn it. The Executioner's power is strong and good enough to the point he can get downs with it on pretty much any loop.

Comments

• tixerptixerp Member Posts: 241

Walking through his trail doesn't mean you have guaranteed lost the chase/loop. You could loop the killer for the whole game while being tormented, if he can't land his shots properly. Which they aren't the easiest attack to land. I don't get what you mean with that second to last sentence btw. If a killer was close enough for an M1 in the first place, and tricks the survivor into thinking he's going to do a ranged attack, then how is that him not earning a hit?

• XergeXerge Member Posts: 924

He also needs better purple add ons. I don't think I'll ever use those in their current state.

• ad19970ad19970 Member Posts: 3,032

The problem is if you add a cooldown to that, you just remove the mindgame potential on the killers side, rendering this ability pretty much useless. As survivor, you could just throw down the pallet when he isn't using his ability, and just keep running around a loop if he does use his ability, which means he either uses his long ranged attack, which can be easily avoided by survivors most of the time, or he cancels his power and suffers a stun, allowing the survivor to loop another time.

Right now his ranged attack is really strong but he still has counterplay, though the counterplay does depend on the loops that you are looping hiim at.

It's important to keep in mind that while using his power, he can not strafe, only move forward. Which means that while he is using his power, he can not move back to avoid a pallet drop for example.

• GiganteGigante Member Posts: 28

The killer came to the game very weak where it is extremely easy to dodge his power and still ask for cooldown? Insane.

• Mat_SellaMat_Sella Member Posts: 1,616

Don't speak for me, I dont give a damn about Deathslinger.

Also, nothing is stopping you from looping, the trail does not slow you.

• OmegaXIIOmegaXII Member Posts: 1,604

Meanwhile, his range attack is too easy to be dodged, and can be done on reaction. Doesn't that mean it takes away all the mindgame potential on killer side?

• LastShoeLastShoe Member Posts: 862

"Doesen't need a skill"... go and try it and check if you have something called trigger discipline, it's a skill that is a must here.

• TrueLegendTrueLegend Member Posts: 25

Aight some of you comment like you either didn't understand my point, or you don't understand the game.

right clicking to force the survivor to todge a pallet then canceling is NOT a mind game it's an absolut guess that the survivor has to take.

my point is not that he is too strong, or too weak, but that he has a super cheap mind game that requires 0 skill, reading abillity or experience in game to counter.

i didn't say anything about his trails slowing you down or hurting you in any way. in fact i never mentioned his trails it was never my point or what i was trying to say.

i am reffering ONLY to faking using his ability and imidiatly canceling to zone the survivor without actually doing any mind game leaving the survivor without a choice on almost every loop in the game.

the killer IS strong just enough to be viable, I never said he is too strong.

he can counter big loops like shack, long wall and short wall jungle gyms, pallet gyms, cow loop and almost every decent + loop in this game.

I spent most of my hours learning how to loop and that's my focus in this game which lead me to reach a high level of understanding of looping.

now i am not sure if some of you were trolling with your comments or maybe you were high but now i've explained it further for those of you who can't read properly

• TrueLegendTrueLegend Member Posts: 25

trigger dicipline? are you for real? it's a FAKE. you're not supposed to use your ability when FAKING it (fake). and there is a very clear point in the loop where the survivor can't go back and dodge the hit anymore anyone with at least half decent understanding of this game can instinctivly tell. yes i tried it don't make a fool of yourself.

jesus some of you have to have taken something before posting i swear

• RaccoonRaccoon Member Posts: 3,661

Imagine being so condescending, stating people are "high" or "on something," then stating PH counters big loops...

What a world!

"I spent most of my hours learning how to loop and that's my focus in this game which lead me to reach a high level of understanding of looping."

Probably the fastest credibility self-destruction I've seen here so far - 25 posts

• ThisGuuy83ThisGuuy83 Member Posts: 1,303
  • LastShoeLastShoe Member Posts: 862

Ok... if someone is making a fool of himself, it's you.

Trigger discipline is actually nothing else but not shooting... until you can get a clear shot.

• NuclearBurritoNuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,736

This does make me want to make another actual Huntress addon rework proposal