Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

What killer(s) do you guys hate (to play and face) and why?

Comments

• PigMainClaudettePigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

Funny thing is I LOVE going against Demo for that reason! I can always tell where he is (as in not on me!) so I feel free to do whatever.

• Customapple0Customapple0 Member Posts: 629

Definitely hate playing against Spirit. I’m not clairvoyant enough to be able to know when to equip iron will so most of the time if I get injured it’s pretty much game over playing against Spirit. Her “mindgames” aren’t really enjoyable either as they are one sided anyway.

I hate playing as Legion. His power is far too underwhelming for me.

• GomolazoliGomolazoli Member Posts: 336
  • NuclearBurritoNuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

Bubba.

He's so boring. You just gen rush him and leave.

Doesn't matter what playstyle he's going for. You loop him like any 115% Killer with nothing unique to think about, so his chases are boring.

He has no mobility, stealth or tracking so you can safely just sit on gens. And he's the Killer you use if you plan on camping, which is also just boring to face.

Any other Killer makes me think on my feet to counter them or at least makes me a bit paranoid at times. But bubba is just so basic that there's really nothing to worry about that doesn't already apply to all the other Killers.

Please rework him into something stronger and more interesting.

• AzterikkAzterikk Member Posts: 76

Hate playing against:

-Huntress: Beachball/heat seeking/boomerang hatchets are not fun, when they get that hit checker thing in maybe I’ll reassess but until then...

-Oni: Gets his power stupid fast, again hit detection fix on his baton flicks would be nice

-Doctor: Screaming simulator is annoying, competent doctors will be able to throw all normal chase mechanics out the window, less than competent ones will bring NOED 100% of the time

• SnakeSound222SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

Play as: Nurse and Huntress because I don't know how to play them well.

Play against: Trapper and Hag because of bad teammates and the fact that I have no clue what areas are safe.

• FrankieFrankie Member Posts: 807

Not a fan of going against Huntress, really. I don't like having Cadillac's thrown at me. Unpopular opinion, but until her hitboxes and dedicated server desync is fixed, I really have no real respect for Huntress mains who play her and act like the cock of the walk while she's in the state she's in, getting so much praise. You know 90% of those hatchets, on the survivors screen, were 10 feet to their left or right.

Hell, even when I play Huntress, there's a LOT of shots that hit, and shouldn't even from my point of view.

Other than that, I don't like going against Oni, because his hitbox for his demon strike...oof. Like, he'll slam his club down way over to my left, nowhere near me, but somehow, it counts as a hit. Not to mention, every Oni I encounter is a sweatlord.

Deathslinger can be annoying cause he's just a ranged Legion...who was already annoying....but eh.

• RydogRydog Member Posts: 3,203

I hate playing against a good Huntress, because someone with really precise aim feels unstoppable. Even if I can juke and dodge hatchet throws, I always feel like I am just delaying the inevitable. Iridescent Head + Infantry Belt makes this match-up feel particularly hopeless.

I hate playing against Cannibal because 95% of them are facecampers, and I am not exaggerating.

I hate playing against an infinite tier 1 Shape because he gives me a heart attack every time he comes around the corner.

I hate playing both as and against Hag, because her play style is essentially to proxy camp. I always feel dirty after I play her for a daily.

I hate playing as Legion because the character feels dumb and useless. The power is largely just an inconvenience, and I've always found it to be a pretty mediocre set of mechanics. Whenever I have a Legion daily, I just farm.

• CaulDrohnCaulDrohn Member Posts: 845

Regarding Bubba, I have a different experience. Whenever I face one, which is rather rare in red ranks, he usually is not campy at all (except gates are powered, of course) and chases whomever he finds. I play him like this as well, it's more fun than standing around waiting for someone who doesn't come.

About Hag, you don't have to proxy camp to get good results with her. Just manage your traps well and use every opprotunity to teleport to trps to injure someone. Spreading the damage is essential. It hurts her to chase survivors, better hop from place to place.

• ShrimpTwiggsShrimpTwiggs Member Posts: 1,159

I hate playing as Nurse. Not only is her exhaustion a pain but she's not that good on console.

I hate playing against Hag. A game against a good hag is one of the most tedious things ever. If someone gets hooked it's a minefield and if they're in the basement, GG.

• TragicSolitudeTragicSolitude Member Posts: 5,455

I hate to play as Nurse. She's even clunkier than she was before the rework, and the update just made her a chore to play as.

I also hate playing as Legion. Being taken out of Feral Frenzy for a missed hit is very punishing on console; I don't get to apply Deep Wounds very often at all when I play as him. The survivors have to be complete potatoes to not dodge his attacks what with the frame drops and a killer's limiting FOV.

For some reason, as a survivor, I don't like playing against Hag. Maybe it's because my teammates always set off her traps when they go to make a hook rescue, maybe it's her usual reliance on hex perks which are either very strong because no one can find the totems or very weak because the totems get cleansed first thing, I dunno.

• RydogRydog Member Posts: 3,203

To each their own re: Cannibal. I'm rank 4 (on PC), and I rarely run across players who surprise me by NOT camping.

As far as Hag goes, she's heavily incentivized to trap the living hell out of hooks and then pop in when someone goes for an unhook.

Oh yeah, and @ShrimpTwiggs reminded me -- I hate to play as Nurse, because when I do, I'm sure everyone inevitably thinks I am a blind idiot who has never handled a keyboard or played this game before.

• Kate_cxKate_cx Member Posts: 181

Unpopular opinion but I hate playing as Hag. She's too small for me and I'm not good with her traps

The killers I hate going against are Nurse and Freddy; my disappointment lingers inside me when I hear Nurse's blinking from across the map or when I see the white clocks in the HUD. I'd love to DC whenever I see those two killers but I know it will put the rest of my team at a disadvantage and make me look like a sore loser so I just suck it up and play against them.

• PoweasPoweas Member Posts: 5,873

Hag is only played a little because of her weakness to flashlights, that's why I think good Hags are so rare to face, but when you face one... They REALLY do dominate.

Yeah, the passive phasing literally makes the killer a mindgame for free.

That's my playstyle lol. But I can totally see what you mean. Imo, she's the 2nd best killer at snowballing and probably the strongest chaser when the conditions are right (which they usually are 99% of the time). Oni is obviously the best snowballer though, and Nurse and Spirit come second to her.

Her traps though, they eliminate survivors fast in a chase. If you have a web and hook a survivor in the middle, you could literally end the game in minutes.

I wouldn't say good Hags CAMP. But if a trap is in the middle of their web in a 3 gen, then she won't leave the 40m radius. But she can generally get into a chase instantly after hooking in my experience, so she doesn't really camp, just that if you trigger her traps, she'll definitely come for you.

I don't find her reliant on hex perks tbh, she doesn't really need perks to win, perks like Sloppy, STBFL, Thanatophobia just enable her power to be a LOT stronger.

Only bad Hags will trap the hook a lot, most good/decent Hags will trap routes and loops leading to gens, and trap a route leading to a hook (once usually). But yeah, if you look at her power, you get that incentive to just load the hook with all 10 traps.

• PigMainClaudettePigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

No, good Hag players don't use their traps to camp, but honestly find me a good Hag player on Xbox, within the Aus Sydney servers. They're more rare than non-hatch escapes against a Forever Freddy.

• Mister_xDMister_xD Member Posts: 7,195

Pig for both

i just cant stand RNG based powers.

okay technically speaking there is no RNG involved with pig, but whether you get a trap off on a box or not is still 100% luck based. its extremely inconsistent which i hate on both sides.

as a killer they always get my traps off asap, while as a survivor its always in the last box. like, i died to a pig trap 3 games in a row, just because we had a big map and the key happened to be in the last box. cool, amazing. i learned so much from that match that helped me improve for future matches - its basically just run at the box and dont give a f*ck about the killer, cause if you dont and the key is in the last box you're gonna run out of time. just pray the killer wont go for you and let you do the box.

they gotta make the traps consistent, where i as a survivor can tell when i get rid of it, while i as a killer can be assured they wont be getting rid of it asap, wasting my power.

• xChrisxxChrisx Member Posts: 917

To play hag

To face iri hatchets huntress

• Name_UnavailableName_Unavailable Member Posts: 462

F r e d d y

• bingbongboi90bingbongboi90 Member Posts: 573

To fight trapper

To play nurse

I used to be quite good on XBOX, but I'm no longer there now, wasn't on your servers though. There's probably one anyway.

• GhostwithafaceGhostwithaface Member Posts: 594

The funny thing is, everytime i come across ghostface. Often the the first way the whole group figures out it's a ghostface, is due to the expose effect.

• Mak0Mak0 Member Posts: 250

As survivor:I hate going against spirit

As Killer I dislike playing nurse

• MadArtilleryMadArtillery Member Posts: 826
    edited June 2020

I think plague wins both catigories. I hate playing plague because it always feels like survivors have too much control of what my power is. It's like I'm fighting my own kit to win against good survivors.

I hate facing her though because I'm a fixated, dance with me build most times and you can't mindgame while vomiting and fixated is off 99% of the match. Nukes my entire mindgame LoS break playstyle from orbit.