Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Silent Hill DLC isn't worth buying.

Comments

• AwakeyAwakey Member Posts: 3,145

Pyramid Head has a massive skill requirement, and it's obvious you haven't figured out how to play him.

Not being mean, just a fact.

• NamelessNameless Member Posts: 780

I agree that the killer wasn’t as strong as some people made him out to be and that the torment effect is actually pretty hard to pull of in a map that isn’t indoors but maybe they changed something about his kit. No point in deciding whether or not to buy it atm when we’re unsure of the changes.

• H3xB0rr0w3dT1m3H3xB0rr0w3dT1m3 Member Posts: 187

I honestly hope pyramid head’s perk are buffed especially trail of torment considering it has such a long cooldown while it has such a bad effect

• ThatbrownmonsterThatbrownmonster Member Posts: 1,640

Dlc isn't even out rofl

The only dlc soo far that isn't worth it is the deathslinger and maybe the clown

• YamaokaYamaoka Member Posts: 4,165

The Silent Hill chapter is literally the reason I'm going to stay active in DBD. The devs did a great job overall even though the perks seem kinda meh for the most part.

I'm actually listening to Silent Hill soundtracks while posting this comment.

• EvilJoshyEvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,109
    edited June 2020

The wave should be either a little faster or he recovers quicker because of how easy it is to dodge. If the wave also applied torment that would be a plus. The way it is now I think it'll be like deathslinger. Use it when they are vaulting but try not to fall for a bait.

His gen perk would be great if the cd wasnt so long and the gen didn't highlight yellow. They learned nothing from GFs ptb. There's no point in stealthing if they know your stealthed.

• xChrisxxChrisx Member Posts: 917

U are right, tbh I don't want any dlc, I want them to fix the game and bring something different to the game, too repetitive

• CosmicParagonCosmicParagon Member Posts: 966
  • fcc2014fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

I won't use any of the perks and i suspect BHVR will nerf Pyramid head 6 weeks after he has been released and sold. I'll pass.

• BubbaMain64BubbaMain64 Member Posts: 546

But that's the biggest problem, there is no skill. You are severely limitied in what you can do with it because it's locked in one spot with a giant red box AND your red stain points where you're aiming. I wouldn't make this post if I didn't play him because I'd still believe he was good. His power is limited by the fact that it doesn't matter what kind of skill you have, you're still going to get the same results.

• Squirrel_ThiccSquirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,678

When it comes to survivors in particular it doesn't matter if you dont like their perks, they're pretty much all just skins anyway.

• BloodMoneyMercBloodMoneyMerc Member Posts: 474

Demos shred attack is crap compared to Pyramid Head's attack. Shred is way more of the definition of a tool you only use when guarenteed a hit. I almost never have an issue dodging it as a survivor (from range). It is only really reliable from close, but even then you could still miss if the survivor tricks you to use it at the wrong time. Pyramid Head's on the other hand is still dodgeable, but less risky especially if you can hold a survivor at the same loop. It literally goes through collision, so that in itself is a bigger benefit & poses a potential mindgame at tall walls. You need to understand a survivor's movements to land hits with it. You need to make them make mistakes by running into it. Now it won't always work, but I can guarentee you it will be way better than landing a shred attack. And yes Demo has mobility unlike Pyramid Head (though it is the weakest mobility-based power in the game), but Pyramid Head has anti-hook abilities. His trenches also act as a means of tracking with killer instinct. His kit is easily more reliable than Demos in my opinion. And no he isn't being carried by the Silent Hill name. His character in itself is super recognizable by many, & he invokes true horror that this game actually needs.

• Danthology24Danthology24 Member Posts: 1

I mean, being a massive Silent Hill fan myself, I haven't played this game in months but I'm coming back because of this Chapter, Just being able to run around as Pyramid Head or be chased by him is a fun enough concept for me to buy it.

• VolfawottVolfawott Member Posts: 3,876

I'm going to get it because Silent Hill is one of my favourite franchises along with the saw franchise.

While I completely 100-percent agree with you on the perks.

Trail of Torment and Forced Penance are terrible and the sad part is they don't have to be.

Forced Penance: First off 90% of a time you won't get people actively going for protection hits.

As you have stated before any survivor with two strands of logic will just do objectives until they're broken effect is done or in failing that you're just going to end up chasing the person who you inflicted with broken making it pretty much useless

Devs come on you have perks like Deliverance, Second Wind and for the people that have proven that survivors will just do something whilst the timer is there.

Don't even get me started on the fact that some people are comfortable running perks like no mither. 30 seconds of broken isn't going to phase many survivors.

Trail of Torment, Devs really I don't even have to go over this because it's already been beaten like a dead horse. Severely reduce the cooldown and get rid of the light up gen.

Perks like dark devotion and tinkerer already do this it's job better. In fact if you have nemesis along with dark devotion you could pretty much have a near constant undetectable.

I don't really have any complaints for the survivor perks all of them are decent but not amazing but decent the closest to being amazing would probably soul guard.

Blood Pact probably needs a little bit of tweaking but in its current state it's alright, situational but alright

Repressed Alliance is honestly my favourite out of all these perks out of a concept of value outside of halting regression from Pop Goes the Weasel or ruin it can also be amazing for stopping survivors from 3 genning themselves when you're playing solo Survivor literally block the gen off be like no go work on the others

• A_Can_Of_AirA_Can_Of_Air Member Posts: 1,387

Forced Penance should add a repair progression penalty for as long as the survivor is broken, and extend the effect to 40 seconds. This would actually make it more usable without being busted. With the way it works now, the survivor taking the hit can run off and do a gen while they wait for broken to wear off. This change would negate that a little. Still a situational perk, but more useful.

• thrawn3054thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,037

I have no intention of buying the chapter personally. I see no need. The killer is lame. His perks are trash. And the survivors perks are crap. There's just nothing to this chapter worth buying.

• NepalibyDaylightNepalibyDaylight Member Posts: 89
    edited June 2020

They're fully within their rights to say it's not a good product and they should. That is how you get changes to actually happen or avoid a purchase that doesn't fit for you and more than likely others as well. I'll buy it eventually but to say its bad to discourage a purchase is just wrong. In general the licensed DLCs seem really lacking and it is like a boat. You never get your value back because your only option to invest more into your characters is auric cells. At least for the regular DLC characters you can buy with real money and then have a nice choice of outfits with shards. With the licensed ones your only choice is auric cells* and your customization is so limited.

Post edited by NepalibyDaylight on

That is just not true. Demo's shred is probably the most versatile tool in the game. You can do a short one to get hits outside of lunge range and survivors have little time to react during loops, so you either get rid of a pallet or get a hit. Pyramid head slows down, stands still and then does a long wind up while also waiting for travel time with a giant red box showing you where he's aiming. In a realistic scenario the survivor will usually just run away since you can only shoot 8 meters with it. With Demo's shred you hold it with unrestricted turning so you can make adjustments if someone tries to fake a vault. With Pyramid Head your turning is like ADS with Deathslinger. You can only use Pyramid Heads attack during a vault animation to really get a guaranteed hit, but there's also an animation to you slamming your sword. If you charge it before they vault then they'll just not vault because they know its a free hit for you. If you charge it too late you can't get the hit anymore unless they run to the side or something. Also your attack is slow and restricted and if you cancel it there's a little cool-down where you cant hit for about 2 secs I think. This is why I say it's nothing more than a glorified zoning tool. Not even close to Demo's shred in the slightest. Even if you don't hit the shred you can at least make distance and maybe cut off a pallet or vault, but with Pyramid Head? You lose all your distance AND go into a fatigue. Going through walls means nothing since most maps are open and unless you have I'm All Ears you're probably going to miss that wall hit. (Also for anybody about to say anything about I'm All Ears making him good, killers shouldn't need specific perks to use their power anyways.) Especially since there's a sound que for when he slams the sword. So he can't use it reliably in chase, he can't mind game with it and he loses distance which effectively means he's lost more time while having no map pressure. In the current state of DBD, where killers never have enough time, he's going to be eaten alive. While torment can track it's not a reliable tracking tool since survivors have to stand on it for it to work which they'll probably avoid doing. And the cages aren't good at all since you cant defend them like a hook because they go to the other side of the map. That also means you can't use hook perks which are a pretty big part of the perk pool. I could be wrong on that part though, don't quote me on it. Many people say "but it avoids ds" but that shouldn't be its only good quality. If Freddy's only good trait is that he can avoid BT then he would not be at the level he is. There's just nothing redeeming about the killer or any of the perks. The only one that will be used is the gen block one and mostly for trolling if anything. That's why this I believe this chapter is a waste of time and money. BHVR can do much better than this.

• USELESSUSELESS Member Posts: 1,151

To be honest all the killers after demogorgon is trash, bhvr is trying to get even more original powers but doesn't seem to care about how strong it is.

• The_Bootie_GorgonThe_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340

triangle noggin will get my money...

• cenoflamecenoflame Member Posts: 320

This is why I hate the idea of Jason as a killer. It's just a gimmick.

• pseudechispseudechis Member Posts: 2,053

I have to agree somewhat with the op. The big draw of this is hey it’s silent hill but the mechanics seem lacklustre at best.

• BloodMoneyMercBloodMoneyMerc Member Posts: 474

@BubbaMain64 after playing with Pyramid Head, I personally felt it was way more useful than Demo's shred. It comes down to personal preference in the end on which someone prefers. But I do think you are being too harsh on your judgement of his ranged attack. It isn't meant to be spammed like Huntress throwing hatchets because then yeah the killer will be heavily punished. But it still serves its purpose quite well in my opinion. You'll see the best results with it if you know how to get in a survivor's head.

• ZttIIZttII Member Posts: 12

How are they trash? The Oni is considered by many to be very strong and I find the Deathslinger can be brutal if you have practice and experience. Perks are another story. They're mostly bad, but the killers themselves are much stronger than you're giving them credit for. They're just different. Oni is a beast at the 4v1 and Deathslinger is a god at 1v1s, and their weaknesses swing the other way to compensate.

Personal preference doesn't mean that it's good though. It has a soft skill-cap is the problem with his power because with how low it is you are unable to perform any better than that. It's like saying Leatherface's chainsaw has a high skill cap. You just use it when you can use it and theres really nothing more to it than maybe getting a free pallet if the survivor is bad or too close.

Finally bro they need to nerf that perk it literally carries killers bro...

• notsonewnotsonew Member Posts: 269

legit might be the only dlc i won't buy