Home Discussions General Discussions
Due to an issue with Hit Validation affecting interactions with Oni players, we are temporarily disabling the feature until the next hotfix.

Is the Spirit actually this easy to play?

Comments

• KoloniteKolonite Member Posts: 1,083

It's not that easy. She has a learning curve like every killer. If you can't use her ability well you're just an m1 killer

• ALostPuppyALostPuppy Member Posts: 2,054

She is really as easy as using a headset. When people say this they're literally not joking and are giving you the best advice for playing her because if you tried to play spirit without a headset it would be painful. She's not the easiest killer to play for beginners because honestly shes like nurse and doesn't play by the rules. But for anyone else like us on the forums, or anyone with at least a few hundred hours and a working headset, I don't see how anyone can say she is a difficult killer in the slightest.

• Hag.is.DtierHag.is.Dtier Member Posts: 1,397

A killer that relies on sounds that become bugged every few patches is not easy to play. That's why I play killers like Deathslinger, because his power doesn't relie on such annoyances.

• DBD78DBD78 Member Posts: 1,104

Spirit is kind of easy to play. If you want it even more easy just play survivor. If you want a harder killer play Nurse on console with all her bugs and choose a big map.

• sulaimansulaiman Member Posts: 1,160

Well, yeah she is easy in a kind of way. But not because she is op, but because a lot of survivors dont know how to play against her.

Most survivor have just one routine and that is looping (i have just one routine too, to be fair, and that is stealthing. The good survivors are those who are good at both and can switch if needed). Thus, every killer that is not easily looped is "easy" and "op" because survivors mostly dont adept, whatever they tell you.

• BigTimeGamerBigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752

just dont get hit 4head

running stridor on her is the equivalent of using training wheels on a bike, this coming from someone who used to main er before i realized how little of a challenge she is

• GeordieKillerGeordieKiller Member Posts: 304

dear god no spirit is one of the hardest killers to master but when you do oh boy does she destroy teams

• QuolQuol Member Posts: 684

She isn't Nurse level but the idea of "buy a headset and get easy 4ks up to red ranks" is something I always disagreed with.

• LordGlintLordGlint Member Posts: 6,282

Feel like people overstate how hard she is to play. While nurse generally takes a LONG time to learn... Spirit you can pretty much master in a day. She was one of the last killers that I actually decided to pick up and try playing with instead of just lvling her to 40 for her teachables using BPs earned from other killers. I thought for SURE that it was gonna be a huge headache playing her based off what I had read on here. After getting back to back 4ks pretty much instantly as a red rank killer... I was just laughing to myself at how much people exaggerated.

• konchokkonchok Member Posts: 523

That was a highly entertaining match. However, I think those survivors were having an off day. I don't think I saw any of them run a loop with any amount of success. Against a 110 percent killer. I don't think that that video is proof of anything other than just an embarrassing match for those survivors.

Streamers do all sorts of gimmicky things because it's entertaining. And that's all that video is is exactly that entertaining. Those survivors played themselves.

Alright, I'm loving these videos. Post another one :)

• johnmwarnerjohnmwarner Member Posts: 3,793

This. Spirit gets 4k for having a headset... Freddy only gets them because he’s boring so they let him... billy is ez one shot... the list goes on. But challenge any of them to suit up and play killer and they’ll let you know they find that boring too

• DabihwowDabihwow Member Posts: 1,461

I think it just depends on what the map, perk build, and even playstyle. So it really just depends I do well as her because I practice I didn't do good at all with her at first so it just depends.

• ActulCasulActulCasul Member Posts: 127
    edited June 7

I genuinely wonder where those kinds of survivors are when I play her. I haven't played her a bunch, just enough to have a fundamental understanding of how to play her. When I do, I use her power to "mindgame" as such: pallet dropped, stand on one side, phase around short side, listen and smack/ mix up with stand wait for survivor to vault or leave loop and go in for the hit. I can only count the number of times on one hand where the survivor has vaulted vs gone to the next loop, and catching up with a 110 killer isn't as easy as it sounds, nor is locating via only sound/scratch marks. It's genuinely easiest to track through grass/ corn.

Post edited by MandyTalk on
  • PoweasPoweas Member Posts: 5,873

Omg same, I thought she was hard, but it only turned out that I didn't have surround sound (old headsets) and once I turned the Windows one on, it was easy. I still play her though, she's satisfying.

I really do love watching these. And these videos are really good references for exactly when to try to "mind game" when standing still. That said, these survivors were really bad.

1st chase, when the spirit goes through the window the survivor just stops dead in his tracks and lets her hit him. He then puts himself into struggle phase in the first hook.

2nd survivor hides in a locker several seconds after the hook revealing that they went into a locker. That's 3 hook stages gone and that's before he used any "mind games". 

After getting unhooked, the 2nd survivor runs right at him and gets hit (maybe because she was trying to suicide). Not sure.

1st survivor goes down and dies.

and 2nd survivor kills herself on second hook.

After that there's some decent game play, but at that point the game was already lost.

It's really cool that he does these videos, but I feel like there might be some cherry picking going on where he probably doesn't upload the games where it doesn't work.

edited June 7

Oops double post

Post edited by johnmwarner on

This is why I won’t watch YouTube if I haven’t seen them stream, too much cherry picking 4K games as killer or survivor games when they 360 a rank 15 killer three times in a row and pull off tech

• AvilgusAvilgus Member Posts: 486

Vs potatos ? YES.

• thesuicidefoxthesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,028

If using a good headset and Stridor makes Spirit easy...

...then using a crosshair and a mouse makes Huntress easy.

JUST SAYIN'

• SunderMunSunderMun Member Posts: 1,859

Yes. As someone who plays both roles at rank 1, she is incredibly easy to do well with. It's boring, so I don't play her much, but when I do for a daily or challenge, it's just...easy. Even 4 man SWF deathsquads aren't that bad when you play as her.

• Mister_xDMister_xD Member Posts: 5,340

spirit is definitely not easy to play.

it needs awareness of your surroundings and good predictions to play her properly - bad spirits tend to get mindgamed easily by survivors during their phase walks, losing them.

however, in comparison to some other killers out there, she is definitely rather easy to pick up and do well with - you will still need to learn her before you can do well with her, however it takes less time to get good on a spirit than to properly learn and master lets say a Oni or Wraith - at least if you are aiming for similar results.

• SnowstruckSnowstruck Member Posts: 473

A lot of people are saying that people say this about A LOT OF KILLERS.

The only two killers who are easy to get *at least* 2 kills with, are Freddy, and, yes, Spirit.

I personally don't play Freddy, but he is definitely a base-kit, good starter character. He is easy to learn, and with the right perks, can be a nightmare to play against. He's pretty fast, and has a good base-kit in general, so he's a pretty damn good and quite easy character to master.

As for Spirit, it is not really a joke when people say "buy a $20 pair of headphones and you'll get at least 2 kills." She really is not that hard to play at all. It takes a few hours at most to master her. I got a 4k my first time playing her. I would just stand still at a pallet and it confuses people pretty good, for one. I don't play her simply because there is a very low skill level in playing her, and I know how it feels to suffer playing against her.

HOWEVER, with any killer there is obviously a set of skills that you need in general to play. You're not going to be a god playing killer for the first time with any killer. However, if you've been playing killer for at least a few days, and decide to pick up one of these characters, they are pretty easy to play.

• PigMainClaudettePigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

Mechanically no. It's more about mind-games, game sense and map knowledge.

Also being a 110 killer has thrown me off after playing 115's the game before, so that's something to consider.

• SnowstruckSnowstruck Member Posts: 473

That being said, some killers can be easy to play depending on the addons or maps.

For example, if you're new to hag and bring Rusty Shackles, Mint Rag, and... Hawkins, you will destroy, period.

But Hag in general? Disgusting to learn. One of the HARDEST killers in DBD to master, but once you do, you will destroy people.

• PepsidotPepsidot Member Posts: 369

Honestly... I find that spirit is easier to play than other killers if you're an experienced killer player. I know it's kinda a meme but if you have a good headset when playing spirit, it's not THAT difficult to play as her. It really isn't, especially against the potato survivors that are making it to red rank nowadays.

There is no chase music when phasing so you can hear survivor footsteps and moans more clearly than other killers would. You can also get a good sense of where a survivor is going to be before even phasing... by just standing still for a few seconds. Have they committed to running away or are they walking and back tracking to try and 'mind game' you? Well... stand still for a few seconds and you'll find out.

She can suffer from gen rushing and coordinated SWF, but all killers have these problems. My point here is that her power is not as hard as many people try and make it out to be.

Not to mention, passive phasing doesn't require any skill and can catch survivors off guard. I will admit though, she is a little bit harder to play after her collision and window vault nerfs.

Add faster movement whilst phasing and longer duration addons and gg. The best thing to do against a good spirit player is to run as far as you physically can in hopes that she can't phase for a long enough duration to reach you. Otherwise, a good spirit player will catch you 90% of the time.

If you haven't noticed... I kinda dislike playing against spirits!

• JohncenasinternJohncenasintern Member Posts: 17

She easy ASF to use bruh. All you need is good ears. Like idk why these killer mains say survivors are salty but it's not hard to use the spririt at all. She's so easy. All you have to do is soundwhore and follow scratch marks. If she has stridor it's gg. Ive played spirit and dude I'm telling you bro she is to simple. Also even nurse is easy to use maybe for me but they overrated how hard nurse is to use. Play both sides and you'll see. I know about loops jungle gyms and pathing. All that stuff. You need iron will to counter spririt unless she has stridor than your gonna be unlucky.

• JohncenasinternJohncenasintern Member Posts: 17

Also forgot to mention I don't use my headset really at all. Still can hear fine with any killer.

• C_FrankC_Frank Member Posts: 128

Spirit is not ez to play. Only huntress hag nurse are more difficult to play. spirit is at average skill very good and extremely good vs potatoes survivivors, and because 80% are potatos u always find a ez pick on 4 man team.