Home Rank update error and Disconnection Penalty

I'm genuinely afraid of playing the game, and for all the wrong reasons.

VSchmittVSchmitt Member Posts: 377

Platform: PC

Time: About 8 p.m. (GMT -3 Brazil) 7-10ish minutes of gameplay

I've done EVERYTHING that is advised to do regarding my connection and firewall, still got a ton of DC's in the last couple of days and now I'm stuck with a 6 hours ban that will prevent me for playing the game today.

Post edited by VSchmitt on

Comments

• Batman3333Batman3333 Member Posts: 92

Same here, im from brazil too man

• VSchmittVSchmitt Member Posts: 377

And apparently they don't give a single f. No answer, no dm, no nothing. And no signs that they're gonna, at least, hold off the ban system for now untill the problem is fixed. I don't even want to play the game 'cause I know that I'll get a DC sometime in the day and another 6 hour ban. Starting to feel that I threw money on the trashcan with this game.

@PatBrutal @PatBrutal_BHVR Cmon' don't start a friggin' "template on how to report" and then go MIA

So, almost a full day without any response. I didn't even logged on the game today 'cause I'm afraid of another DC and more time added to my penalty.

Just uninstall the game and wait for a fix, its better that way since at least other players wont have to deal our disconnections

So, WHAT'S THE FUC*ING EXCUSE NOW?

I started to record my gameplay 'cause I knew you would come with some "it's your connection" BS. Now, WHAT'S THE GODDAM EXCUSE?

@Almo as a Dev I really hope you can give me some answers, so far all I got was a big pile of NOTHING.

edited May 2020

theres nothing u can do, just wait it out or stop playing, devs dont release fixes instantly, it will take some time

• LegionAbuserLegionAbuser Member Posts: 31

Bump

This is getting out of hand, and im spanish, europe servers btw xd

No man, they just don't give a singe fuc*, it's way more important to focus on SH chapter to lure new players than fixing the goddam game. This glitch is around about a year as I was informed in some dicord servers. They just shift the blame to the player connection and that's it.

Ok. You know what? I'm [BAD WORD] done with it, uninstalling and refunding it AGAIN ANOTHER DC WITH NO INTERNET INTERRUPTION WHEN A SUVIVOR DOES SOME SHADY [BAD WORD]. FIX YOUR GODDAM GAME IF YOU WANT TO MAINTAIN A PLAYER BASE. 6 Hour ban for doing NOTHING. GOOD WORK DEVS.

• MusicNerd_TCMusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099

Ok, I don't think you are allowed to bypass the system to swear.

Yeah, ok, sorry for that, but I really think that, If the mods or devs focus on a badword in a thread that is just asking for a fix or at least an statment on the DC issue that MANY MANY players are having right now, it'll show what are their priorities.

• sizzl3sizzl3 Member Posts: 26

People need to spread the word so they can’t keep ignoring it.

• LarikalLarikal Member Posts: 53

Yet MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY players dont have any issues with DC. You know, world doesnt start or end on you and yourself. I never had any dc trouble, neither anyone of my friends. Im watching few streamers all across the globe, also none had dc issue. So its not THAT common.

Also its easy to say "fix it" and add few insults, while its much harder to get done. Especially with connection - im working as network administrator, so trust me, its political mayhem. From what i could gather most people is completely fine (without DC), so its rather not servers fault (in that case everyone would have problems). Most common issue is simple host on "road" from your house to their servers. And what can they do? NOTHING. Its not their property, they have no rights to even get data from this sources, since its illegal without court warrant.

Imagine connection as a road - even if highway (servers) are the highest possible class, just perfection, cars drive as fast as they can, insane adhesion etc it wouldnt help on road from your home to this highway. And one guy get on highway in 5 minutes, get to the finish point in 7 minutes, but the same takes for you 20 minutes to get on highway, add that 2 minutes to reach target and you finish with 22 minutes. It is fault of highway? No, lol xD. Also guess what - guys who builded this highway probably cant also repair your road since its not their property/contract. Would you blame them? No.

• wussyboi2000wussyboi2000 Member Posts: 71

Lol why are you wasting your time trying to defend an obvious bug? It's either something in the code or a problem in specific servers. Just because you don't experience it doesn't mean other people aren't. The very simple fix here would be to disable DC penalties for "cable pull" while they can't fix this bug.

Yeah, self-righteousness hit hard here. Irony too. Apparently because HE doesn't have the issue, HE ASSUME that a lot of people don't and then HE ASSUME that is my network the problem, even when there's a LOT of evidences proving otherwise and a whole lot of discussions in the same topic complaining on the dc issues that a REAL LOT OF PLAYERS are having and even the devs have said that they're aware.

Who cares if its hard? this is a product people paid money for, so they have to fix it, regardless if its hard or not, even if the problem happens to a minority of people, just because it doesnt happen to u or anyone that u know doesnt mean its less important. Also bhvr doesnt care about u so why bother defending them?

• SecundusSecundus Member Posts: 52

Every company needs a customer like you so that they can still get supported despite being unable to fix a "minor" issue that filled the forum section so much that they had to literally open an alternate forum section such as this one to gather all the complaints. I really appreciate your enthusiasm.

• lunaposalunaposa Member Posts: 88

They do say, they defend when it doesn't happen to them..

So, the killer DC'ed, and I've got a matchmaking ban. SEEMS LEGIT.

It wasn't the killer who DC'ed, it was you who did, the match is still going when that happens, also logs are more useful than screenshots