Home Dead by Daylight Forums PTB Feedback Archives 4.0.0 PTB Feedback

Cage of Torment is cool and all, but there NEED TO BE EXCEPTIONS

SpyMatureSpyMature Member Posts: 204

For example, Kindered MUST work no matter all, as the current cage system negates the whole point of buffing that perk to bring Solo's and SWF closer in terms of information they get, people bring Kindered for the sole purpose of not reaching stage 2 on the first hook and removing survivor's "someone else will rescue him" mentality.

But allowing just Kindered to be an exception would be kinda unfair, so with Kindered, Decisive Strike, Pop Goes The Weasel, and BBQ also need to be exceptions to that cage system to make the game more fair and enjoyable.

Oh, and did I mention that you can literally facecamp v1.0 a caged survivor because he can only be rescued from the front of the cage?

Comments

• Mat_SellaMat_Sella Member Posts: 2,713

Y'know, I never thought of the fact that cages dont have the swivel that hooks do, and how swivel makes it far harder for the killer to camp, but you raise a good point.

Main issue is, cages are flush against walls, there's no room to swivel. They'd have to change the design of the cage (which would require extra work, and we all know how that goes) in order for us to get that back.

• OMagic_ManOOMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278

His whole power is built behind the ability to counter the current meta like DS, I know you're upset but you wanna know some counters? Here:

• Don't step into his lines, if he wastes time trying to get you in them, that's Survivors doing objectives like healing and gens.
    • If he camps you on cage, that's time to travel there and stay on the cage, meaning he has to camp you through your cage to your death, meaning the Survivors win because the devs even said themselves that camping isn't bad, you're just losing your chance to win by doing so.
  • SpyMatureSpyMature Member Posts: 204

Ok, then add base Kindered to Cage mechanic so I wouldnt have to die on the 1st hook because of "someone else will rescue him" mentality even though I brought Kindered. It ruins the whole thing of devs trying to bring Solo players and SWF closer in terms of information they get.

If devs refused to make Kindered be base on all hooks, then either add base Kindered to Cage mechanic or make exception perks to the cage mechanic.

• immortalls96immortalls96 Member Posts: 4,652

Because base kit kindred is way too powerful..its powerful even by survivor perk standards..base kit would be a huge buff to survivors that isnt needed in the slightest..its a huge amount of free info. Even more than swf gives

• immortalls96immortalls96 Member Posts: 4,652

Take it as you will..its my favorite perk for survivor so I have had plenty of experiance using it to full effect