Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Does DS really need a nerf?

2»

Comments

• thrawn3054thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,038

I think the timer is a bit too generous. I'd move it down to 30 seconds. I'd also pause the timer while in chase and if you get slugged.

• OrionOrion Member Posts: 21,675

So shorten the timer, but remove the only quasi-counter it has?

• CallmehandsomeCallmehandsome Member Posts: 529

Only thing DS needs is that if you start healing or repairing action the timer should move 2-3x faster. If you can repair generator you aren't being tunneled but just carried with a perk.

• OrionOrion Member Posts: 21,675

Nah, disable it outright when you start repairing a generator, get into a locker, or are fully healed, and when the killer downs someone else.

• MadjuraMadjura Member Posts: 2,103

Instead of "when the killer down someone" it should be "when the killer hooks someone". If another survivor goes for a dumb play and unhooks you in front of the killer the killer can't just down both of you and hook you again immediately. By forcing them to hook whoever went for the awful unhook first there is a slight chance for someone competent to come help you.

• Every1poopsEvery1poops Member Posts: 63

It's annoying because most DSers play super aggressivly. They intentionly put themselves in harms way and when the killer chooses to slug because they anticipate DS they bring unbreakable.

The idea being to make it closer to a anti tunnel perk. If you're chasing them within 30 seconds of an unhook I feel no sympathy for you getting hit with DS.

If you slug them within 30 seconds I don't feel any sympathy for them.

• PrincessPoopPrincessPoop Member Posts: 919

No it doesn’t but it’s going to get nerfed into the ground anyways. Calling it now, they will make it trash tier so that no one will run it and the amount of tunneling will increase ten fold.

• MrPenguinMrPenguin Member Posts: 1,463
    edited June 2020

DS needs changes, it covers way too many bases. Not picking them up is not really a good counter because you still wasted your time and are losing out on pressure and a hook state when the game is already moving to fast for most killers.

There's a lot of suggestions to fix the perk but the way it is now its way too easy to abuse and punishes the killer for what should be a survivor misplay a lot of the time. Not to mention the free heal the survivor gets.

• Blendette_will_EvadeBlendette_will_Evade Member Posts: 69

Slugging sadly doesn't get enough credit that it should. If you slug the DS user go after the person whom unhooked, that'll force another person off a generator, you have 3 people not doing any gens. And if you manage to catch the person quick enough you could probably interrupt the person healing the slug. Let's face facts, DS it's getting nerfed anytime soon no matter how OP it is and that's the truth whether killer mains like it or not. I don't care for the perk but a lot of people seem to do.

Yeah but then they just come for the one tap and you made no progress towards your end goal of killing them. Meanwhile that 4th person is still pushing the gens along. This is the same result that would happen with hooking someone but at least you made progress with your hook state. Slugging has a time and a place, but it being forced every time anyone gets unhooked is not going to be that time or place most of the time unless you're playing a slug killer or running a slug build. Killers are too pressed for time as is to be just stalled out these ways.

Not to mention if someone else has DS, they could easily be the one coming for the save putting the killer in a lose lose with barely any effort. Additionally unbreakable is running around a lot right now so you might just have that person just pick themselves up while the gens get pushed by the other 2. then we can throw BT into the mix and things get even messier.

DS alone is already a problem, but throw in the ridiculous synergy second chance perks have and it becomes way way worse.

The point is to try and bring attention to the issue to try and get it fixed. Especially because the devs said they're looking into it. If that's your position then I don't understand why you'd even bother commenting.

I ask a simple question and wanted to see peoples opinions, I'm not exactly against a nerf I'm asking why? What the big deal, but I can see that most killer mains hate the way this perk is. I'm a curious person. Curiosity killed that cat I can see.

• Johnny_XManJohnny_XMan Member Posts: 5,478
    edited June 2020

IMO it doesn't.

I am a rank 1 survivor with 4000 hours and I often get red rank killers who know what they are doing and I hardly even use DS, because that's how much they know how to play around it. Some people just need to learn to do the same.

If they even think about touching DS, they need to do the same for the excessive slugging/camping/tunneling that is already the reason why this perk even exists.

Also, Welcome to DBD!

edited June 2020

I play both sides and I strongly dislike the way the perk is currently. Survivor games are fast, boring, and easy because there's not much most killers can do and killer games are too fast and frustrating because there's not much most killers can do. Survivors are just way too strong currently and DS is a part of that. It's most likely one of the main reasons why there's such a shortage of killer player causing really long survivor ques and near instant killer ques. DS has been a problem since its creation because of how strong its effect is. It really needs much stronger limitations.

Wow thanks! I feel like some people claim it's OP and gives people immunity. I don't think that's really the case, but some disagree.

• KycerKycer Member Posts: 337

I think DS alone is fine. However, DS combined with Unbreakable or a locker is absolute BS and must be nerfed.