2.6.0 is now available for download on all platform
The new content from Demise of the Faithful is available immediately in the in-game store. DLC is available on Steam / Playstation Store EU / Playstation Store NA / XBOX
Patch Notes: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/categories/patch-notes
Emblem blogpost: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/52295/the-emblem-system-changes-explained#latest
We are testing out new post formatting for the forum. There might be some issues present (white text, blank quotes, etc.), we are looking to resolve those. Thank you.

Reddit Q&A | May 21, 2018

not_Queennot_Queen Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 744

Question from Reindin

Almost two years ago on a dev stream you guys agreed that being forced to take a flashlight while being locked in an animation was unfair and unfun.
You told us you were making a change so that killers can move their cameras during pallet breaks and pickup animations.
How close are you to finishing this feature?

Answer

Design team answer

Still something we want to do. But we need a lot of animation resources that we do not have right now to do the job properly. We want to put it on this year's roadmap but as of right now it is in the backlog. We would also like to change the blindness effect because we had a lot of feedback on the white screen effect.

Comments

• not_Queennot_Queen Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 744

Question from donny_why

Is there anything being done to address lobby dodging?
    There are many occasions where I spend more time searching for a game than actually playing it. It has gone to the point where I accept 200 ping games b/c every lobby lower has kicked me.
    It's really frustrating especially since we're forced to requeue, so I can't just watch TV before being put into a match. Progressively longer times to cue us a room perhaps? 5s isn't much of a penalty.

Answer

There is nothing being done right now about lobby dodging.

Question from LuffyBlack

When are we getting a trailer for the new killer?

Answer

We are super excited about what's coming but I can't give you a date, sadly.

Question from misspence

Over-asked question but--

Have you considered any changes to No Mither? If anything, removing the injured music? Or even removing the icon + starting the survivor in the healthy state?
    I know it's supposed to be challenging, but the icon alone gives the Killer an extreme advantage and makes getting up from the ground nigh impossible.

Answer

Please consult previous Reddit Q&A for more details.
    Yes, removing the injured music is something we would like to do when we get to change NoMither.

Question from Shinyhunted12

With the new cosmetic shop, is there any possibility we'll see skins for items? I think it'd be a really neat addition.

Answer

Production team answer
    This is not something we are planning in the forseeable future.

Question from MonitorZero

I don't think this can be done with the P2P system but have you guys talked about opening the game to the community? So we could have official and ranked server where you have control but also have community servers where we could make our own killers and maps. Possibly even new game modes.

I think this could take pressure off of "content droughts" and even development if the community could vote on new killers, maps, and modes to add to the official pool.

Then also be able to help with those weird random bugs. Unreal is a common engine and I'm sure the community would help by submitting fixes to you for review.

Answer

Creative Director answer
    This is not something we are looking into right now.

Question from MolotowSVK

3 vs 1 games fix pls / it is unfun for both sides

Answer

Answer from May 7th Reddit Q&A

Our Design team is aware of the issue and is looking into what the game should do if it loads with 1-2-3 survivors. On a technical side, they are also looking in ways to prevent this from happening.

Question from ColasCorner

I was wondering if we could get vision aid methods in game, I.E Colour blind mode for bloodhound, perks and such to bring more colour into the game for people who have vision issues, and maybe something to make the flashlight blind screen less painful to look at?

Answer

Creative Director answer

The truth is, we would really love to implement these changes and make our game accessible but we are lacking in resources to do so.

Question from Mattbernss

What do you guys think about the pig being able to crouch in front of the basement stairs while a survivor in the basement has a RBT on their head? Was this expected during the development of the pig, and are there any plans to change this in the future?

Answer

Design team answer

This isn't a Pig related issue more than a basement stairs problem. We were aware during development that this is something that would come up. There isn't specific plans right now but Map Design and Gameplay Design are aware of the problem and want to look into it.

Question from Sbarbagianni

What does increasing visual brightness on flashlights exactly do? It's not well explained and there is no consensus on the matter.

Answer

Design team answer

It increases the brightness of the beam of light you can see pre-blind. The blind brightness is the same for every flashlights.