Home Discussions General Discussions
Hit Validation has been re-enabled. This time around, it will be left on indefinitely.
For more information, see this blogpost: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/185864

Your Biggest Unpopular Opinions

CabbageCabbage Member Posts: 327

Anything to do with the game in general or something specific. What’s something you feel great or hate about Dead by Daylight that others might not agree with you on? I don’t have any major unpopular opinions, however people hate me for saying Hawkins is my favourite map, so go figure.

Comments

• ThatbrownmonsterThatbrownmonster Member Posts: 1,578

Dance with me is a pretty good perk

• CabbageCabbage Member Posts: 327

I actually love it paired with lithe or quick & quiet.

• ShrimpTwiggsShrimpTwiggs Member Posts: 1,122

Calm Spirit is pretty good since a lot of strong killers run Infectious Fright.

• KingFrostKingFrost Member Posts: 1,642

All the second chance perks are fine, even though I usually don't use them.

• CabbageCabbage Member Posts: 327

I like to use perks that aren’t apart of the meta cause the killer doesn’t expect them, and sometimes they let me win the match because of the aspect of surprise. A lot of people take a lot of them for granted.

• PoweasPoweas Member Posts: 5,873

Agreed with all aside indoor maps one. I only like Lerys and The Game.

For mine, Plague is broken. Not in an OP way, but broken as in her power is unhealthy, it's controlled by survivors, and her power relies on the team as a whole to play it right, not 1 survivor like other killers. I find her completely unhealthy.

• arslaNarslaN Member Posts: 1,906
    edited June 21

A god tier trapper is one of the scariest killers to go against

Decisive Strike isn't as problematic as a lot of people make it out to be

Hawkins is my favourite indoors map as survivor even though it is quite killer sided

DC penalties hurt innocent players more than the people that actually deserve them

Brutal Strength is underrated

Nurse is my favourite killer to go against

• OwlzeyOwlzey Member Posts: 436

Freddy is fun to play against and isn't OP.

• MusicNerd_TCMusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,089

Old Freddy was fine as he was, with his class photo and pill box add-ons, he was an S tier killer and never needed the changes, and people only wanted him buffed or reworked, because they lacked understanding for his kit and how it's supposed to be used, it would be like putting Oni in D tier and not knowing that snowballing was great on him. New Freddy is just boring.

• Dead_by_GadflyDead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,774

I enjoy solo que more than swf and midwitch is a great map for both sides

• 5thPerkSlot5thPerkSlot Member Posts: 395

A **5th perk slot** would make the game more enjoyable and it would be balanced

• blue4zionblue4zion Member Posts: 1,480

It's unhealthy because it makes them sick :D

No but seriously, that's true. Her power is really odd, it's useless sometimes but pretty op at others. It's a power far too reliant on the survivors.

• HellDescentHellDescent Member Posts: 3,683

This game has the worst devs working on it

• ACTIV3_GNASHERACTIV3_GNASHER Member Posts: 75

Deathslinger is garbage

legion is B tier

the last two maps have been excellent

Pyramid Head is A tier

• CotJockyCotJocky Member Posts: 170

Legacy wasn't that big of a deal and should be earn-able for new players or simply given to everyone for free.

Decisive Strike is not OP. I never run it because I almost never get to use it. The majority of killers don't slug. The super sweaty killers always assume you have DS, slug you off hook and try to wound or down other survivors while you are recovering. Those type of killers have an internal timer and remember how long it takes you to recover down to the second. They are always back to pick you up just before you can get your unbreakable completed or just after DS runs out therefore making it useless.

• solidhexsolidhex Member Posts: 166

I never use bloody party streamers or any offering the gives 100% BP to everyone anymore. Because the other side starts to play like ****. As survivor, i got tunneled and facecamped today with the anniversary offering. As killer, i stopped taking BPS some time ago because every time the survivors played super toxic, genrushed or just played very unfun. They assume probably that i will play super sweaty because of the 100% but the truth is, i usually try to make the game fun for everyone. Maybe i just had bad luck, but it happened many times.

• TheWindTheWind Member Posts: 57

The game is fairly well balanced for the majority of the community. There are issues but it's no Evolve.

Survivors who complain about killer perks, camping, tunneling etc are part of the toxic community problem. So you died, move on. At max it's a depip, do better next time. It happens to literally everyone at some point.

This game breeds hostility between killer and survivor by nature like horde and alliance in vanilla wow. You are opposed, you can't talk and the defined goal is to actively compete. It's supposed to be tense, you're supposed to feel upset. That's what makes it horror. If we all felt good and got along it wouldn't be a horror title.

• OrionOrion Member Posts: 17,046

I know I already commented here, but...

Survivors are responsible for the vast majority of things they complain about, like camping, tunneling, slugging, etc.

• SirCrackenSirCracken Member Posts: 561

Thanatophobia is laughable weak.

Spinechill is meta and always has been.

People who say that "X killer is boring" often don't know how to counter them and just want them nerfed, regardless if the killer is poorly designed.

Repressed Alliance is not very good.

Toolboxes are were not nerfed. They were buffed.

Survivors who use DS generally play worse than survivors who don't.

Deathslinger, with the right build and decent aim, can be better than Huntress.

• MrJack20252MrJack20252 Member Posts: 162

DS is fine

BBQ is fine

PGTW is fine

Freddy is over rated

Cheryl is best waifu

• SpookyStabbySpookyStabby Member Posts: 621

🎤Feelings... everybody has feelings...

• micheal_myers34micheal_myers34 Member Posts: 9

I could say something about how I hate tool boxes and how gen rushing is unfair for the killer but I have play the game for so long that I have worked pass these things, There is nothing wrong with flashlights or toolboxes or a killer using hex ruined or no-ed, The thing is that if you are going to complain about killers using perks or survivors you yourself are a bad player

• Kaitlin814Kaitlin814 Member Posts: 39

Killer is easy. Every patch on maps is killer-sided. This is coming from a Trapper main.

• LeslieLeslie Member Posts: 16

All skillchecks should be like Doctor's skillchecks.

The current normal for skillchecks takes no skill at all, they're the same thing everytime, only on slightly different timings after the sound. If they were like the Doctor's they'd actually take some skill.