Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions
We have been investigating cases of distributed denial of services (DDoS) over the last week. We take these reports extremely seriously. We're actively monitoring the situation internally and with our partners to gather as much information as possible and identify trends.

We are terribly sorry to those who have been affected by these attacks- we understand the impact this has on you. We are taking every appropriate measure to ensure the safety of our players.

We encourage our players to report to us any cases of DDoS, as well as any other form of inappropriate or abusive behaviour in the game. In the meantime, we encourage you to stay safe and follow best practices for online safety.

Legacy and the corrupt data crisis - BHVR's response over the years

PepsidotPepsidot Member Posts: 977

I made this video to highlight the fact that players (such as me) have still not received their lost legacy cosmetics back - some of which have been waiting for 4 years. Whenever asked, the Devs say they are looking into it... but no legacy cosmetics are ever returned. This issue is being 'forgotten' about so I wanted to make light of it by showing BHVR's response over the years.

We grinded through hundreds of hours for those cosmetics very early on in the game's life when many game breaking issues existed, such as 'infinites' - which WERE actually infinties back then!

BHVR, please return our legacy cosmetics to us!

Comments

• As far as I know, this is being solved by:

1. Mailing Customer Support.
    2. They verify the Old Data with your account.
    3. They send you the cosmetics if your accounts are able to be verified.

What more can they do?

• PepsidotPepsidot Member Posts: 977

Wish they would set up a system so we can send in proof.

I know many of us are fine with only receiving one of our sets of legacy back... and it can be confirmed via prestige achievements that we at least prestiged ONE character once/twice/three times before the cut off date. Yeah, steam achievements don't show which characters we prestiged but does that really matter? They show many times we prestiged. They all took the same amount of time to grind and we deserve to get something back after all these years...

• Mister_xDMister_xD Member Posts: 6,902

i 100% agree with you.

after more than 2 years of not getting the legacys back i honestly pretty much gave up - though i AT LEAST want a good excuse / explanation for it BHVR!

• irvmanirvman Member Posts: 10

Ooh that sucks dudes. I'm surprised y'all haven't given up. Hopefully you'll get them back at some point

• GilbyGilby Member Posts: 19

I could see why people "find their ways" of putting these cosmetics in the game themselves.

• ohstoneyoneohstoneyone Member Posts: 1

As far as losing legacy items, I can't say that I was this unfortunate. I have been playing dbd since it's launch. I have however had my game lose everything, twice. At first, I just lost interest because of it. I finally started wanting to play again and started from scratch. At this point, I had about 900 hours logged in. Once I came back to play, the same damn thing happened again. I emailed the devs, and it took about a month. They rewarded me with roughly 39 million bps. I won't lie, I was pretty stoked about that. Hopefully you can get the same results. Have you tried getting into contact with them? Best of luck

• siren_sorceresssiren_sorceress Member Posts: 321

Really too bad. I play daily and I never see legacy anymore. Idk what the point of legacy ever was if it's so rare it's practically non existent. Especially after the embarrassing bug that caused so many to lose theirs.

• SaitamfedSaitamfed Member Posts: 1,341

Legacy was a reward when prestige characters was way harder.

• mUseSapphOmUseSapphO Member Posts: 3

When I first got the game on Xbox after release I saw so many with the legacy skins that I was curious how to get them. After looking in my inventory I discovered that I too had them but without the grind. Honestly I thought it was a perk for buying the game on xbox until I learned about the pc skins and how to obtain them. Of course I didn't complain about having them but why were they taken away? To my knowledge the data loss only affected pc but now knowing that it was probably a mistake that I received them, I can't relate to all that did grind for them. I feel so bad for all the time & work put into obtaining those skins! Why doesn't Behavior just re-issue the legacy skins for all that purchased the game before January 1, 2017? I mean honestly it's just a few free skins to loyal players/customers!

• DwightOPDwightOP Member Posts: 2,328

Honestly? People who lost legacy (even just 1 piece) deserve all legacy cosmetics on every character just for waiting over 3 years without getting it back. That's something I would accept as an apology. Everything else would feel like an insult to me.

Thanks for your comment. It really sucks to have lost the legacy cosmetics because I remember grinding for a stupid amount of time each day to get them. It feels really bad knowing the devs could do something about it, but they refuse to put in the effort and resources to resolve the issue.

Instead, from time to time we get blanket statements and nothing is done. If we email support we just get copy and pasted emails... we've had the same copy and pasted emails for 4 years!

Here's a snippet of the most popular copy and pasted email we get if we contact support:

• "I'm really sorry for the trouble. Although the lost Legacy Prestige skins are important, we can't address this issue right away. I assure you that your lost Legacy skins will be addressed in the future" ... "Thank you for your understanding."

Wish the devs cared. They said before legacy skins were released that they were a reward for those that went through the long grind. But maybe they've forgotten about that now. All those hours wasted when there was no point prestiging in the first place.

Yes ik my point was they made the skin too exclusive and thus pointless bc you never see it anymore.

• Dr_doom_j2Dr_doom_j2 Member Posts: 869

I'm pretty sure Legacy wasn't even a thing anymore by the time DBD came to console

• felipao_brabofelipao_brabo Member Posts: 169

i just discovered Mathiue Cote is dwight

• WalkingNurseWalkingNurse Member Posts: 22

Yep. Even creepier is that bald dwight with beard and glasses is Puppers... like, almost exactly.

• Angelicus23Angelicus23 Member Posts: 2,464
    edited June 2020

They really want to keep on checking their owm data which is just dumb, proof is this, and personally I purchased rift tiers a day before the first rift ended, but then resulted that they made a mistake, so those who purchased tiers were able to ask for a refund.

My issue got ignored for two weeks, and they told me my account wasn't able to ask for it, then I realised I typed the ID wrongly, answered to the email, and they told me exacr the same thing, like a bot message. Ridiculous.

Yeah legacy came out when DBD was only available on the PC. So there is no possible way users can have legacy on other platforms unless they're hacking or if and when cross progression/play is implemented.

I actually see it whenever I play survivor. My brother has L3 Meg and always plays with me lol... feelsbadman. It's a constant reminder of my lost L3 Claud and Hillbilly!

• OrionOrion Member Posts: 21,675
  • WalkingNurseWalkingNurse Member Posts: 22

That may be, but he totally looks like video game Cote. It's all I see now.

You see it every time bc your brother has legacy? Okaay the vast majority of us dont xD

Yeah... a couple of my friends have legacy. One of them lost it but they were able to replace their save file because they lost it before data was saved on dedicated servers. But I lost mine when data was stored on dedicated servers so was unable to use any of my backups I backed up over many months.

So yeah I'm always playing with legacy survivors lol... sad that I'm the only one in my friend group that lost it and was unable to recover it.

• DeshDesh Member Posts: 1,114

Oof, seems this post reached them due to current news.

• dadamek8dadamek8 Member Posts: 49

Well, I tried to contact the support basically every year since I lost my legacy Wraith and Claudette in June 2017. Unfortunatelly, every time I got the same response: "This issue will be adressed in the near future" or something like that. As I said in the other post, if they know it's impossible to restore the legacy items, they should just let us choose one legacy item for each of the three prestige achievements unlocked before 24 Nov 2016.

I know it's possible to be implemented. The game just needs to check if you unlocked any prestige achievement before 24 Nov. If yes, then it checks if you have at least one of the legacy items. If you don't, the game lets you choose one. The same thing for prestige 2 and 3. If it's too much work to implement it into the game, you can make it so that we can contact the Customer Support to do this for us.