Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Serious question to those who cleanse against the Plague when there's no pools infected.

2»

Comments

• mouse0270mouse0270 Member Posts: 791

Because its fun sometimes.

• ayayaayaya Member Posts: 163

Dude there are red ranks that don't know what a Borrowed Time is and stay in the basement and you think they will have an elaborate strategic thinking like no cleansing? LUL

For me it's easy. You cleanse I go and die to suicide on the hook. Enjoy the rest of the ruined match

• PoweasPoweas Member Posts: 5,873

My new method now.

I'm just going to yeet myself out of the game.

• animalmakanimalmak Member Posts: 399

If I’m playing solo, I won’t cleanse unless my team does. I’m fine playing with one health state, and I run Resilience a lot anyway.

However, if I’m playing with my friends as a 4man, at some point during the game one of us will say “shall we make this game interesting?” And then we start constantly cleansing and it becomes absolute chaos and so much fun.

Ye, that's fine if it's SWF I can get that. But when you die cause of someone doing it in solo's... Really sucks.

• animalmakanimalmak Member Posts: 399

Oh yeah totally! I've noticed it's usually lower ranks that cleanse super quickly, as higher ranks tend to be more confident in their abilities to adapt to different killers. I've had some decent matchmaking recently where it's all greens and purples on the end screen, but last month's rank reset had me back in high yellows, and that's where I ran into people cleansing because they barely touched an infected thing. Love getting downed with that Corrupt because I focused on objectives over a health state /s

Downside to not cleansing in higher ranks is the likelihood of Black Incense. I haven't used it on my Plague yet because I want to have more than one in my inventory before I do, but I can't wait.

• NuclearBurritoNuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

Ok but do you cleanse when her initial corrupt fountain is still up?

Still no, unless I wanna force it in a SWF. I try to get my team to spread out so she can't snowball upon the first activation. It works really effectively.

• TheAntiSantaTheAntiSanta Member Posts: 123

Survivors that insist on "Never Cleanse Against The Plague" need to be punished. This is why the Entity created Dwights that Cleanse for literally no reason.

Also, you're forgetting Black Incense Plague is a thing that can happen, and you're not always better off avoiding Cleansing every match.

Against that, force her power, then let her have aura reading for the rest of the game. If you pressure gens heavily and keep yourselves in a good position to chase, you likely wont die. But that takes a team who are somewhat coordinated, meaning that Plague STOMPS solo's with that. Just another example of why she needs a rework.

• Mister_xDMister_xD Member Posts: 7,220

im not gonna gift her that 4k just so i can say "well at least i didnt give her her power".

if we have one guy hooked, another one downed and the third potentially in a chase i wont go there while fully infected, unless i know its safe to do so.

that would be suicide.

also i have no controll over what the randoms in my team are doing, so "just spread out" or "coordinate your approach properly" is great advise - for SWFs, which really helps me as a solo player.

Honestly, you'd find it odd how easily I'm able to coordinate my solo's team most the time. I can USUALLY (unless we get people like that Dwight) force them to spread out on gens early game which leads to a fast pace of gens getting done. But that's only if they understand my intentions which most people will. Sometimes I get rank 20's and just pressure gens myself while they die because it's their second game ever. Matchmaking... :3

If you also get a lucky team, you can definitely coordinate them to spread out. Most survivors usually get it. It's the reason I hate facing Plague. Her whole power relies on people who don't understand her. 1 person who doesn't can bring a team down of people who do. It's pretty depressing. I think she should get the Doc treatment, personally.

• JesterClownJesterClown Member Posts: 225

when I watched dbd i always wondered why nobody ever cleansed, but now my eyes have been opened

Her corrupt mode is REALLY strong. She's like Deathslinger, with an AOE and if on the high ground, a lot of range. In maps like Lerys, she's very loopable. But in pretty much any other map, you wont be able to loop a good Plague with good aim.