Home Dead by Daylight Forums PTB Feedback Archives 4.0.0 PTB Feedback

Blood Pact Change?

FFirebranddFFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,000
edited May 2020 in 4.0.0 PTB Feedback

Can we change Blood Pact so it only activates when you heal a teammate, remove the aura reading, and activates regardless of who you heal?

I do realize that that doesn't really fit the name anymore. However, I just can't see this perk in its current state being particularly useful. It only affecting the Obsession just hamstrings it so much and makes it very inconsistent. On the other hand I could see the version I suggested slotting in perfectly with a build with either Botany or We'll Make it and Empathy.

Comments

• Kind_LemonKind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559
    edited May 2020

Blood Pact should not be an Obsession-based perk. Instead, Blood Pact should work as follows:

Blood Pact

It's as if a latent part of yourself has awakened. You feel like you can reach out beyond yourself for assistance.

You see the aura of any injured survivor you've taken a hit for. Gain a Haste status effect for 4/6/8 seconds after healing a survivor affected by Blood Pact. Any survivor previously affected by Blood Pact will see your aura when you are injured.

• NuclearBurritoNuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

Personally I like it right now. It's not insanely strong so I would be ok with a buff, but remember that the Obsession is the player most likely to be injured at any given moment.

This is because of the perks For the People, DS and Nemesis.

And unlike most other aura reading perks, this perk is 2 way, meaning the other person will know to head towards you.

I used this perk a lot in the PTB and I got a lot of use out of it. Moreso than I do in the live servers with empathy (but less than I do with Kindred)

• Kind_LemonKind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559

I'm just annoyed that the Obsession mechanic is being burdened down by all of these perks which would have benefited from a separately designed mechanic imo. The Obsession mechanic now feels like a throwaway, cheap way to try to make perks less powerful or to band-aid certain issues with perks, mechanics, and killers already in the game (I'm not saying it necessarily is in all situations). I was a much bigger fan of the Obsession mechanic when it actually functioned to create a special interaction between the killer and the specified survivor. Now, STBFL can avoid the spirit of the perk through the "main attack" loophole, PWYF can't be buffed in the way it should be because of Nemesis' effects, Furtive Chase is basically worthless and manages to mess up that special interaction even more, and For the People just changes Obsessions willy-nilly for no apparent purpose related to the design of the Obsession mechanic. As a Sole Survivor user, I find it annoying even when other survivors use DS or For the People and further degrades the meager power I thought I had from my perk. If anyone has any positive comments about the changes, I would actually be rather happy to hear them. It's not such a great feeling only seeing the negative side of a situation.

• NuclearBurritoNuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

Obsession mechanic in general is a mess.

This perk in particular makes good use of how it functions in practice even if that function doesn't really fit the original mechanic.

• Master_Bad_GuyMaster_Bad_Guy Member Posts: 100

The idea was good, but the perk itself is very weak. I thought that I would save the obsession, and treat it, but in practice, the obsession now sees when I have problems, and runs to the exit.