Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions
We've been made aware of error messages when attempting to purchase the Rift pass. The team is currently investigating, and we'll post an update as soon as we have more information.

UPDATE: This issue should no longer occur. Players who were affected may still be missing currency and/or unable to spend Auric Cells. We are working on a solution to resolve this and restore missing currency, and will update you as soon as possible.

Did they change their mind on giving out event exclusives?

Comments

• CiusCius Member Posts: 86

but that does not solve anything, cosmetics are being lost right now and it will always happen

• ayayaayaya Member Posts: 163

To make you not dodge the lobby and think that this David is an old player not actually some rank 20 with 10 hours on record...

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited June 2020
  • GoodBoyKaruGoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 15,619

I, personally, am incredibly happy. I played during those times, suffered through the patch, then my steam account got hacked and I lost them. It didn't occur to me at the time to contact steam support or Bhvr support (I kinda just sat there like, 'Well #########' and then when retelling this story to a friend they suggested I should've contacted support, by which point I thought it was too late.

But now I can use David's Untamed Donkey Jacket again (even though why would you wear a shirt as David lol) and my life can become complete once more.

I'm not entirely sure this is the popular opinion on these forums but thank you Bhvr.

• bm33bm33 Member Posts: 5,308

Couple days ago people were getting angry over the price of a licensed cosmetic, now getting upset over cosmetics being given away for free? They really can't win. 😂

• FelineCephalopodFelineCephalopod Member Posts: 24

As somebody who was still missing an event cosmetic (the Hound mask) I am ecstatic that it's finally been returned to me!

I'm also happy that other people will get to use these cosmetics, even if they hadn't 'earned' them in the past. I feel like this is a wonderful decision by BHVR.

• ButtercakeButtercake Member Posts: 1,652

I dont think they should do some honor system, lol. DBD players are known for their honesty and sweetness. Only a few of them would ever lie. 😕 lol

If they can't 100% be sure then its just unfortunate. I agree with keeping those skins for the ones that earned it. They should not go to anyone who didn't. Even if they were playing since back then. It doesn't prove squat.

• Swiftblade131Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 1,981
    edited June 2020

Yeh you thought. They'll do it to everything else.

Specifically not Legacy though. Which, if we are being honest. Don't make sense, it would fall under the same premise.

People will defend their move till you bring up Legacy, it's ever so special I guess.

• TheRockstarKnightTheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 2,103

Yes.

-

Originally these cosmetics were exclusive. Cool.

Then they said they'd give them out for free with the stuff you could only get anymore if you bought $200+ codes online. Cool.

Then they said no, due to the community reaction, they'd leave event exclusives exclusive. Cool.

Now they really are free. Cool.

I don't really see the big deal.

I started playing DbD during the Howling Grounds event. Sure the flashlight 'fixes' were annoying, but they didn't stay that way the whole event, and all you had to do was play the game to unlock the cosmetics.

• mike4156mike4156 Member Posts: 222

they gave out mad legacy items like a year ago or less!!! what the hell and all we get is a "were sorry" as original players. NOW AGAIN?? whatever man thats bs, older players ALWAYS GET SHAFTED

• PNgamerPNgamer Member Posts: 1,009
    edited June 2020

Hello,

I play since 2016 too and i worked hard for all my exclusive Eventitems too and now you give them for free ?? what the hell is this? About Legacy items: Yes we all know it was befofe the bloodweeb was reworked and it´s for ppl they deserve it. True... but it is the same with the Eventitems too

So Why BHVR can´t restore Legacy Items ? Answer 1: They don´t have the programmcodes anymore or answer 2: they won´t give it to ppl who don´t deserve it.... Why you make a big secret about Legacy? Legacy is not special like much ppl think. Legacy or Eventitems: In my opinion it´s the same, because "grind is grind" and if you investige 10 hours for grinding a bloodweeb or 10 hours for grinding an Event.... i told you again... It is the same !

Sry for my bad english grammatic but siriously.

Give Lagacy for all players free and this never ending story will finally end. It has more positive effects than negatives because 2020 the playerbase is much bigger than before. Ppl who lost their progress get finnaly their Items back and all new players can enjoy all this sweat LegacyItems too. In my Opinion its good for the Gamehealth ( no more Legacy hackers and stuff like that). As you can see....you did it with the Eventitems too.

Greetings

• TAGTAG Member Posts: 11,421

I knew this was going to be the reason for doing this. :P

• USELESSUSELESS Member Posts: 1,151

About this legacy thing, in 2016 i have already prestige 1 my trapper but i didnt earned a legacy mask or what i should get

• TAGTAG Member Posts: 11,421