Home Discussions General Discussions

Did they change their mind on giving out event exclusives?

Comments

• ElenaElena Member Posts: 877

I'm actually happy this happened and I won all of the cosmetics; the reason I'm happy is because I got the Hound jacket, the tank top and hillbilly hammer back but I never received the Hound mask back and it was really disappointing. I'm happy that although people who were not dedicated to the game got the exclusives for free, the people who lost them and never got them back or were at least trying to get the cosmetics during those event but never got them have finally received them.

• F60_31F60_31 Member Posts: 52

I already had the items but I do not care if other people get them. Have fun all.

• orpheusbrorpheusbr Member Posts: 7

That happened the same with a friend of mine but he kept in touch many times with BHVR and they solved it.

It's great that you can use your skins now but what I see from BHVR is a lazy way to ''solve'' your - and of many others - problem by simply giving the cosmetics for everyone because they can't control or even figure out how to give the event cosmetics properly.

Pretty bad solution...

• HommeBizarreHommeBizarre Member Posts: 172

Disappointed for a skin? Man, don't you have nothing better to do?

• indieeden7indieeden7 Member Posts: 1,566

My guy, it really isn't that serious. I had all the event cosmetics and I really couldn't care less whether or not other people got them.

• yikersyikers Member Posts: 94

I want legacy

• MonsterInMyMindMonsterInMyMind Member Posts: 1,694

They will give them time they realize how hard they back peddled give it until next anniversary they'll release it for everyone watch and see.

• starkiller1286starkiller1286 Member Posts: 704

I had my hounds mask go missing after some update I think it was in March. I provided them my information as well as a screenshot before and when I had it go missing and they got it back for me. Did your friend have a screenshot before their mask vanished?

• GoodBoyKaruGoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 5,313

Okay let me rephrase myself, where did they say it would never return and would be forever exclusive? Because that was the legacy promise.

I also grinded then and due to an account hacking and me being stupid I lost my account progress and lost the cosmetics. Do I care they're being released? No, it's nice because I get the back and other people can enjoy them now too.

• MadLordJackMadLordJack Member Posts: 3,462

Legacy skins were a reward for extreme and pointless grinding, not playing the game in a slightly different way for a week or two a few years ago

• seki23seki23 Member Posts: 760
    edited June 22

legacy are unique imagine if now everyone has legacy whats the purpose of using it if everyone have it? is like the old code cosmetics,(claudette, meg, david) now no one use them because everyone have them, they were so unique and proved u actually had a lot of hours in the game or that u spend lots of money on ebay to get those codes, with legacy is something similar, it should saty as it is, you dont deserve them because people had to grind a lot back in the day to get them, also even if they look good they are kinda outdated tbh, wich is more is a guaranted ebony mori 90% of cases because the killer will think they are going against 4/5k hours people. so basically you an the people asking for it seems like the children who wants to get everything because 0 reason and then not even using them and even if sdome of them use them is not the point, devs said several times U ARE NOT GETTING THEM EVER AGAIN, deal with it. i dont have it and i accept and understand why

• USELESSUSELESS Member Posts: 1,151

Dude, it is only cosmetics, if it was giving us a free DLC ok, even i was going to report this here

• RedGalaxy134RedGalaxy134 Member Posts: 2

If you didn't get a chance then you can't get them it's as simple as that. Your fault for not getting them

• BigBennisBigBennis Member Posts: 11

If Dev team now really need's to give out the event stuff atleast give us somthing. It's just sad seaing this happen and i can undestand some people are exited becuse the get to play whit it and some not that much.

I understand that the need to update there storage system and fully respect it, but why not give the people that got the iteams some sort of reward for getting it during the event. The introduciton whit charms is enough. We just wan't somthing to prove that we were there form the begining.

And the "there is no way for us to verify who earned these items legitimately" is just a weak exucuse to give them out.

Overall: Wack

• StepbroStepbro Member Posts: 2

To put it simply people who earned the cosmetics should not be at fault for the way the storage system worked and with the logic you are using legacy should then be updated for players who have played x amount of years (or however long) in game to get legacy instead. Also since we are on the this track to make everything for everyone how about you make it easier to be able to get skins since those without extra funds cannot afford such things? To add the icing on the cake, why don't you make up the hours of bugs and randomness while you were on a break since that was your fault we should be given skins for that too?

• MistikusMistikus Member Posts: 650

they will say what they aways say witch is " you had this cosmetic earlyer"

• Mister_xDMister_xD Member Posts: 5,334

it would be enough if they would at least give the skins back to those who have LITERAL EVIDENCE of them posessing the skins in the past!

but nah,

that'd be too easy.

• ayayaayaya Member Posts: 163
    edited June 23

How would they know it who had it and who didn't? They aren't even able to tell who cheated their save files (prior certain date)...

• RydogRydog Member Posts: 2,644

Who cares?

Hours spent in a video game are not a badge of honor, or proof of any kind of cred at anything. Nobody is looking at your legacy cosmetic with any sort of awe. No one cares to the degree that you, the cosmetic-wearer, does.

Getting upset about a cosmetic in a video game is a waste of time and energy.

• LetsPlayTogetherLetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117

So you cant see any difference in legacy and some minor event cosmetics? Poor boi.