We are terribly sorry to those who have been affected by these attacks- we understand the impact this has on you. We are taking every appropriate measure to ensure the safety of our players.
We encourage our players to report to us any cases of DDoS, as well as any other form of inappropriate or abusive behaviour in the game. In the meantime, we encourage you to stay safe and follow best practices for online safety.
Killer Ready - Chainmaille Tapestry - by countessjets
This was actually the first chainmaille tapestry I ever made and it was a gift for my husband - DBD is the first game we ever played together. Making a chainmaille tapestry (or inlay as it's often called) takes a mix of computer work for the patterning and recoloring and hands on work for the weaving.
It has 15,862 anodized aluminum rings (not counting the ones for hanging) that I wove together using the European 4-in-1 weave. It's all done by hand with a couple pairs of pliers and took me about 60 hours for the weaving. The finished size without the hanger is about 15" x 19". With the hanger, the total weight is only about 1 pound because the aluminum rings are so lightweight. As it gets bigger it gets hard to hold when weaving one row at a time so my method is to weave strips of three rows and then connect them. It can still get a bit unwieldy but I found it to be a little faster that way.
Making the pattern took about 10 hours or so. I started by reducing the image size to the number of pixels I would need for one pixel to equal one ring and have it come out to the total finished size I wanted - every 7 rings is approximately an inch. You lose image clarity when you reduce the pixels though, and images use many many shades of colors, so then I recolored pixel by pixel to recreate the image with just the 3 colors of rings. I put the image into a spreadsheet then for easy tracking as I work . One pixel = one cell on the spreadsheet.
I hung it using teh larger bright aluminum rings, cut a dowel, ran it through the rings and affixed the end caps.