Home Discussions General Discussions
About the issue where your game is showing as having deleted DLC's or lost game totally. Go to your Steam app. Go to Steam < Settings < Downloads < Clear Download Cache. This should restart Steam and you should have access to your game & DLCs.

Wraith is awesome and very fun to play!!!

He's probably my favorite killer, before the changes... but was irritating at times. He's now lethal, and top tier.

Thanks a lot! @not_Queen

Comments

• PoweasPoweas Member Posts: 5,875

@not_Queen said:
    I'll bring the feedback to the team! Glad you are having fun and you like the changes!

You devs have been on point with the balance changes you guys made Trapper and Hag really good. Ever since Pig got released killer buffs/nerfs have been fine and the perk rework to Calm spirit was amazing. My new fav perk btw. Keep going and I trust that the game will be better and soon, it'll be perfect.

• Dwight_ConfusionDwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,640

Yes. This game is turning the corner. The exhaustion changes were vital, then they made Hag very viable and lethal...

Then they added a lot to the trapper... now Wraith.

The Wraith is now top tier all the way and it's exciting. I just faced a tryhard SWF team, and ate them alive.

Before I might of gotten 2 or 3, but I got all 4.

• aproposapropos Member Posts: 245

I'm so excitededed. I haven't finished downloading the update yet, but I saved all of my add ons from level 35-50.

• Mister_HoldoutMister_Holdout Member Posts: 2,488

Is Wraith really all that great?

Haven't played him much myself.

• SomeissuesSomeissues Member Posts: 1,371

Wraith is now mid-tier without add-ons, he's good now

Spirit on the other hand is low tier without add-ons, mid tier with add-ons

The Wraith is absolutely lethal with the best add ons. He's under Nurse and Hag in my opinion. Just barely better than the clown.

His new "All Seeing" add on is just sickening. He's needed this for months. He's got it. He's completely 100% strong and finally really fun to play.

I always made the best of him, because I liked his backstory a lot, but now I can really dominate.

Basically, using 2 of the new add ons can be like using 4 old ones or something. That one new add ons (purple) is like brutal strength on crack.

Very pleased. I'll be purchasing auric cells very soon and spend some on wraith actually over this. I bought the Spirit with shards, but I'll be doing cells for cosmetics.

• xxaggieboyxxxxaggieboyxx Member Posts: 498

i wouldnt say top tier but he is not on the bottom anymore

He's very strong. He's top tier for sure.

Nurse/Billy/CLown/Hag/Wraith

They are all elite now.

Myers/HUntress/Doctor/Pig

Trapper/Leatherface/Freddy

3 tiers...

This is how they play out, in rough order.

• Mister_xDMister_xD Member Posts: 4,780
    I like the change, it’s definitely a step in the right direction, but that doesn’t change the fact, that his basekit is just bad. 
    I still want to have an invisible attack for him. Pure add on changes are not going to fix a killer.
  • OrionOrion Member Posts: 15,608

@Mister_xD said:
    I like the change, it’s definitely a step in the right direction, but that doesn’t change the fact, that his basekit is just bad. 
    I still want to have an invisible attack for him. Pure add on changes are not going to fix a killer.

I've said before and I'll say it again - the Wraith just needs to be able to attack out of stealth, with a relatively long stun. That one change alone would make him top-tier.

• ZavriZavri Member Posts: 261

he is good with a few addon combos, he will be REALLY good with spirit fury + enduring.

I really like stacking windstorm and playing a sonic wraith, you can very easily run past survivors and bodyblock them from pallets and whatnot.

• TsulanTsulan Member Posts: 5,453
    He needs to move faster when leaving stealth. Right now it's way to slow. 
    Once they fix that, he'll be top tier. 

@Tsulan said:

That's why he gets a 1-second speed boost upon a full decloak.

@Orion said:

@Tsulan said:

Not enough :p

@Tsulan said:

@Orion said:

@Tsulan said:

This is how I've been playing and it has worked (low rank, mind you):
    1. Find a Survivor.
    2. Decloak.
    3. Hit the panicking Survivor with the speed boost. If they have Sprint Burst, cloak and chase them a bit to close the distance.
    4. Cloak again and chase them.
    5. Uncloak and hit the Survivor a second time.

@Orion said:

@Tsulan said:

@Orion said:

@Tsulan said:

1. Find a Survivor.
    2. Decloak.
    3. Hit the panicking Survivor with the speed boost. If they have Sprint Burst, cloak and chase them a bit to close the distance.

You forgot the 20 pallets in between. Because that uncloak slowdown is just enough, so the survivor can get to a pallet. This is complaining on high niveau. So far i like the changes on him.

@Tsulan said:

@Orion said:

@Tsulan said:

@Orion said:

@Tsulan said:

1. Find a Survivor.
    2. Decloak.

You forgot the 20 pallets in between. Because that uncloak slowdown is just enough, so the survivor can get to a pallet. This is complaining on high niveau. So far i like the changes on him.

Ah, right, I do also use the add-on for faster cloaking and decloaking. I forgot about those, as I don't usually use add-ons.

• KilraneKilrane Member Posts: 88
    Spirit Fury will help take care of that. 
  • LRGamerLRGamer Member Posts: 160
    He’s still Low Tier
  • Wolf74Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

I find it's bit weird, the only Wraith feedback thread I ever saw a community manager reply to, is the only one that praised the changes, while there are tons of threads that dislike the changes.
    And this very thread is created by someone who is constantly telling everyone how great killer are, while most killer player see the game as seriously survivorsided.

• mcNuggetsmcNuggets Member Posts: 767

@Wolf74 said:
    I find it's bit weird, the only Wraith feedback thread I ever saw a community manager reply to, is the only one that praised the changes, while there are tons of threads that dislike the changes.
    And this very thread is created by someone who is constantly telling everyone how great killer are, while most killer player see the game as seriously survivorsided.

Thank you. You spoke right from my heart.

@Wolf74 said:

Wrong. I play both sides.

I play more killer yes, but I also hit rank 1 briefly last season as well. I see the game for what it is. The game is still slightly survivor sided with SWF.

When SWF is 2 people and then 2 solos, the game is balanced or close to it.

When it is 4 solos, the game is balanced as well I think. If you guys think the Wraith is slightly improved or worse you're insane.

I use Shadowborn, Hex Ruin, Overcharge and Noed.

I rarely get to even use Noed. Maybe 1/8 matches or more. Maybe 1/10 matches I get to use it. It's rare.

Adjust what you're doing if you think the Wraith is still bad. ;)

• SteveyHoovesSteveyHooves Member Posts: 246
    You know before the changes Phil was mine too i guess without knowing it. He still is but all the add on changes make him a little harder to play. I miss the "All-seeing" Add-ons. I know there's a very rare one but as the name implies it's hard to get. Though I used an one of the all seeing add ons from common to very rare in every match. So it's hard to adjust. 
  • FrenziedRoachFrenziedRoach Member Posts: 1,631

I played with his Ultra Rare Addin that silences the bell, and paired with the common add-in that suppresses his terror radius and red glow for 8 seconds after the decloak.

I'd decloak around the corner where they couldn't see me, then use the speed boost to close the gap and surprise the survivors on the generator.

Seems to work very well on 3 out of 4 survivors so far. Gave me a lot of giggles the whole time.