Home Discussions General Discussions
About the issue where your game is showing as having deleted DLC's or lost game totally. Go to your Steam app. Go to Steam < Settings < Downloads < Clear Download Cache. This should restart Steam and you should have access to your game & DLCs.

Price of a skin is ridiculous

2»

Comments

• C3ToothC3Tooth Member Posts: 917

Very Rare costumes. Give them overprice -> less people buy them -> its really rare to see those costumes in game.

Live as its name: Very rare costumes.

• RasinbranRasinbran Member Posts: 233

People will shell out for the things that they want belonging to them and if you were willing to spend 10$ on a new character model it's safe to assume you won't care how much something costs to enhance your "investment". Keeping things priced a certain way gives them a sense of exclusivity as well, people love to look unique and different amongst their peers. It's so easy to manipulate those emotions and squeeze their wallets a bit.

When you want to maximize profits you want to have a price that'll naturally give it exclusivity by how many people are unwilling to buy it over the price.

They would more likely put it on sale when they've made the profit they want on it over it becoming old and "unwanted".

There's no obligation for a business to accommodate to their customers over pricing and how they can afford it. The business presents the product to the potential customer and the consumer buys it or doesn't.

• SnakeSound222SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 2,963

YES! I've been saying this for a long time. Very few skins are actually worth their asking price (which is the same as two to three new characters). Too many people are used to high-priced skins and now act like it's perfectly fine. If a cosmetic costs more than a brand new character, then it better be a damn good skin (unless it's licensed and the licensor intervenes and sets the price for a cosmetic).

• BraveClemBraveClem Member Posts: 225

True, i don't see how a "new model with a new lobby animation can be legendary" for that price,if they have at least their own voice it would have been much better

• KobeskillzKobeskillz Member Posts: 35
    edited June 26

i actually do think they are extremely overpriced.

Fortnite is a free game and their cosmetics stand out more. i paid full price for Dead by Daylight and the cosmetics for survivors are not only typically more subtle and boring but cost more!

So basically they had their cake and eating it too.

• naitsirhCnaitsirhC Member Posts: 27

I agree, the "legendary" skins were just added so people would stop buying parts of the cosmetic (to spend less money) and INSTEAD buy the whole cosmetic for more money.

"Oh, but it changes who the person is"

Have you seen legion? You can buy their cosmetics in parts and still have it change the person. Why can't it be like that?

• KobeskillzKobeskillz Member Posts: 35

Also, shards take FOREVER to grind. Now i might not be a pro like you guys but i have 200 hours in this game and only got like 2 characters and 2 pieces of clothes. Boring clothes too cause the good stuff is insane.

So i'm sure someone here is going to tell me how they have a million shards and blah blah.

Most people won't get that many and 200 hours for 2 characters and 2 like colored pants or something is a lot.

It's basically a mobile format but in a game thats almost full price.

• Booper_Of_SnootBooper_Of_Snoot Member Posts: 1,020

It costs almost double the DLC, not to mention its only a skin with

-No voice (despite saying it would)

-No new animation

-Simple reskin, and is fairly buggy

• DwightOPDwightOP Member Posts: 2,329

Whales bring the money it. Bhvr doesn't care about the average people or even low earning people.

• DwightOPDwightOP Member Posts: 2,329

I remember the old days when you payed only 5 dollars and got an entire dlc with multiple more missions, multiple new characters and multiple new skins. Nowadays 10 dollars just gives you skin. GG.

• ButtercakeButtercake Member Posts: 539

DLC isn't relevant to me. It's not a DLC character. It's a skin from the shop. They have skins there for $10. This one is $5 more because they made a new face(also I'm sure they have to pay Konami extra for the image of Lisa.)

there's no voice for anything because it's just a skin for Cheryl to wear.

• KellieKellie Member Posts: 563

People are complaining for no reason. If its so overpriced, just don't buy it. Devs need money anyway to support their game.

• JimPickensJimPickens Member Posts: 158

The cosmetics are priced higher than most free to play games. The rift takes twice as long as any other battlepass ive seen. Dbd is the 19th most played game on xbox this week. Most people who play regularly buy all the dlc. Many spend upwards of 1000$ which is just disgusting

Well disgusting from a consumer perspective but to having people spend massive amounts of money on a game and then have people turn around and defend them for it, why would they ever stop? It's greedy but the community makes it easy for them to be greedy so why wouldn't they willingly stop making so much money?

They're not. The most i hope for is for the rift to not be 200 hours long to nickle and dime people to buy a few tiers (ignoring the fact that whales will buy it all for 50$ day one anyway). Or how about how they release a dlc an hour after the new characters are available for auric cells so people can buy the same [BAD WORD] twice? They already have loyal whales i don't get why they gotta pull [BAD WORD] like that

• Squirrel_ThiccSquirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 556

Literally 5 dollars more than a regular purple skin. It's a high rarity, licensed and it changes the character you're playing as. You don't HAVE to buy skins either, stop making people who choose to buy cosmetics out to be bad people or "rich".