Home Discussions General Discussions
The celebrations continue. :sparkler: The Entity has extended the Gilded Stampede event by an extra week. Log in daily to redeem 50,000 Bloodpoints for each extra day until the end of the event on March 4th 11AM EST!
https://deadbydaylight.com/en/news/lunar-new-year-2021

Do gens go too fast?

2»

Comments

• WaffleyumboyWaffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

Maybe among the crying few who believe they are entitled to red ranks and 4ks just for buying the game. Have you seen Ohtofu's GF gameplay review? Did gens go too fast in that game?

• BlueberryBlueberry Member Posts: 8,035

"Maybe among the crying few who believe they are entitled to red ranks and 4ks just for buying the game"

That is an extreme minority and a poor rebuttal by people who simply disagree and don't have a counter argument for them.

"Have you seen Ohtofu's GF gameplay review? Did gens go too fast in that game?"

I did and I don't think it has contradicted anything.

• WaffleyumboyWaffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

You think gens went too fast in that game, with a pretty bad map for the killer? Despite the results?

Also I made the "crying few" statement because no sensible and logical competitive dbd player thinks gen speeds are the problem. Not to insult you but I have yet to hear a strong argument other than "It's pretty unanimously agreed upon"

• BlueberryBlueberry Member Posts: 8,035
    edited February 2020

"You think gens went too fast in that game, with a pretty bad map for the killer? Despite the results?"

It's bad killer map in general, not a bad map for Ghostface in particular. Also, it was quite clear those survivors were not doing gens as optimally as possible. A better group would have done them much fast. I don't think that was the best example.

"Also I made the "crying few" statement because no sensible and logical competitive dbd player thinks gen speeds are the problem."

Every single one does actually.

"Gen speeds" does not literally mean just the time they take to complete. For example, I think the 80 seconds to complete a gen is totally fine but I do think gens go too fast. You see what I'm saying? The time for them is fine, but they go too fast because of poor map design limiting the killers potential pressure on survivors.

"Not to insult you but I have yet to hear a strong argument other than "It's pretty unanimously agreed upon"

Inversely I have not heard a strong argument from you about why they are fine.

Many people have posted on here and in videos breaking down the math for time to complete survivor objectives compared to time for the killers to complete theirs.

While not the best type of data, the anecdotal data is from players with massively more hours than most people who play both sides at rank 1. This is a lot more important data than say some anecdotal of low hours at rank 10 for example.

The few people who think gen speeds are fine are people who don't play both sides at rank 1 with a decent amount of hours to fully understand the issue.

• toxicghostface69toxicghostface69 Member Posts: 19

lol what add-ons or offerings equal to tool boxes? Better yet, purple tool boxes with a brand new parts? Also, 4 survivors = 4 opportunities to bring in meta add-ons/offerings vs the killer. Gen speeds definitely need to be reduced. If survivors can pop 3 gens in under 3 min, before I can even get a hit, that’s a sign of an unbalanced game.

• Powerz924Powerz924 Member Posts: 11

Gens are too fast in high ranks. it's impossible to play against high rank or high rank swf when they rush gens. it felt like game is fav to savs all the way.