Home Discussions General Discussions

How Good Is The Pig?

Comments

• NuclearBurritoNuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,735

Maybe they should qualify that as the worst steath Killer at stealth?

As in her Crouch isn't very strong and her real abilities are her ambush attack for anti-loop and her RBT's for stall.

• PigMainClaudettePigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

Depends on if you're using the default red cloak or not. Her dash would also be the equivelant for how Spirit and Wraith gain a speed boost after coming out of their respective abilities in that sort of comparison though.

• MadArtilleryMadArtillery Member Posts: 826
    edited June 29

She's definitely mid tier. I played her a lot for a long time. She's stronger than a good chunk of killers, but definitely worse than many, especially once I unlocked enough slowdown perks that her game lengths weren't so special anymore. You'll have a much easier time consistently 4king with someone like doctor for example. If you feel like playing brutally though she can be a good choice, she can definitely create a lot of pressure and get early deaths but that's tempered by those aweful matches where your rng just gives you the finger. Sometimes you'll win when you don't deserve it, sometimes you just get wrecked because all 5 hats got off in the first of 5 total boxes. No matter how much you stack the deck it's still a deck unfortunately.

• Yung_SlugYung_Slug Member Posts: 2,156

Wraith has a lot more mobility than Pig. She has her ambush, sure, but Wraith isn't slowed down by his stealth power.

• Dead_by_GadflyDead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,774

Pig is absolutely better imo. Neither has great map pressure but everything about pig is better except he can move faster whike cloaked

• ShocktoberShocktober Member Posts: 678

I think wraith is the best stealth killer in the game since his buff. You can stack a ton of slowdown perks on him.

"Forever wraith" gets corrupt, ruin, sloppy, thanta, nurses, and a ton of mobility to go along with it. It blows my mind when people say ghostface is best played as a hit and run killer when you can be using these kinds of builds on wraith instead.

• Yung_SlugYung_Slug Member Posts: 2,156

Being able to traverse the map faster is a huge deal. The Pig can't pressure the map as well as him.

Wraith can get up to 146% movespeed while cloaked. The pig moves at 90% movespeed while crouched. The pig needs 2 perk slots, whispers and monitor, to even get stealth hits. Wraith can stack up slowdown perks instead. Windstorm wraith is fast enough to utilize the new ruin extremely well.

edited June 29

Wraith can literally run every slowdown perk that exists in the game.

You could run corrupt, ruin, thanta, dying light, sloppy butcher on a killer running around with 146% movespeed getting free hits at any generator unless the survivors all have spine chill. Wraith does not need any tracking perks. You could dump ruin for pop goes but I find ruin to be really good on high mobility killers.

• Hag.is.DtierHag.is.Dtier Member Posts: 1,397

*GARBAGE*

• StardustSpeedwayStardustSpeedway Member Posts: 585

I love her. She's a blast to play and her traps definitely stall the match a bit. I personally save most of my traps to play end game piggy. "I want to play a game!"

• Star99erStar99er Member Posts: 979
  • NursesBootieNursesBootie Member Posts: 2,159

She's above average imo. Build-in slowdown that doesn't force you to move ya ass to gens AND is quite reliable is rare on killers.

• KaethelaKaethela Member Posts: 119

Rule Set #2 needs to be baseline. There's no reason for it to be an add-on, let alone an UR one.

Yeah but once hes done moving from A to B hes the most basic bitch of m1 killers. His real power is in being able to get that first hit before they can reach a pallet, because once they do youre in loop hell. Running double windstorms your movement is stupid slow while uncloaking making it slightly harder to do that. Map pressure, while being super important, is not everything if there isnt a way to end chases.

Pigs map pressure comes from her rbts. When rng doesnt screw you you're pressuring most of the survivors at the same time. She can also cut loops short if youre good with her dash attack by either dashing or faking the dash.

Pigs only downfall is is the consistency in her traps and how long they take to get off. Wraiths problem is hes the most m1 killer of all m1 killers once he uncloaks

edited June 29

Ill try that build sometime, never ran that on him. See my response right above this one though.

Id probably switch out CI for pop, i hate ci. I hate dying light too but id try it i guess.

BOOP. THAT. SNOOT.

• TAGTAG Member Posts: 7,976

Not very IMO, but there are worse characters than her.

• KirbyKirby Member Posts: 23

personally i love playing as the pig, I'm actually a P3 pig and I've been playing her for awhile. i feel like she's an underrated killer that just needs the right perks and add-ons to win a game. i kinda like the build i have with her but i wanna change up one of the perks for pop. I don't wanna buy the clown and grind so I'm hoping it's for sale later on in the shop. (recent game i just played)

edited June 29

Yeah you need to get some better perks for her. Not just pop. Like ma, whispers, bbq, nurses, theres z bunch.

• csandman1977csandman1977 Member Posts: 1,795

So the answer to the OP is that, piggy is as good as you make her.

Which can be said for every killer. There isnt a bad killer on the roster in the hands of a player that has taken the time to use them and learn them.

For instance, nurse is almost always top of the list. For me shes the bottom because i havent put the time in. Nor do i want to. Oni is another one people say is really good, but i cant do anything woth him.

Clown is almost always in a toss up between worst or second worst (prebuff) and i find him one of the better killers on my roster.

Every killer can play against every survivor team. Its just that some killers do so easier than others.

How good is pig? That really all depends on how good YOU make her.

• dragobvdragobv Member Posts: 232

i recomend scorpionz his pigguide

• BovinityBovinity Member Posts: 1,522

I can't watch that scorpionz guy, he's just constantly being a judgmental prick about everything that everyone else does.

• DBD78DBD78 Member Posts: 1,101

I'm doing good with Pig in red ranks, but then again I do good with all killers lol. Mid tier killer perhaps?

Over the last month ive been tracking my stats with different killers. Pig outperformed Freddy and Doc:

(Ignore the totals at the top the software is adding the averages together, the averages next to the killer are whats important).

Theres a few variables to consider like the average ranks of the survivors were slightly higher against pig so the survivors werent AS good and then theres the builds to consider (fred i was running end game build so nothing slowdown) but even with those things taken into consideration I think this highlights just how underrated she is. And I can tell you while actually playing the games I felt like she had a little more consistent control and I could make plays (like ambushing people i saw going for the unhook) I couldnt do with the others. Even just look at the average match length, hers is longer.

I did 15 games per killer and used the same buikds for that specific killer for all 15 games including add ons.

• KingFrostKingFrost Member Posts: 1,641

This actually gives me an idea to keep track of match times for my stat tracking in the future. (I'll probably wait until Crossplay, though.)

• kate_best_girlkate_best_girl Member Posts: 1,076

Imo shes worst or second worst killer. No map pressure or real chase tools until you get someone down on the floor which is extremely hard as a basically M1 killer. She has some good snowball potential but its solely based on chance. You could get really lucky and be an A tier killer with her or get unlucky and basically lose instantly

I've recently started using the ambush during chases to close out loops and it works fantastically. You can catch people around corners that other M1 killers wouldn't be able to.

• RaSavage42RaSavage42 Member Posts: 1,738

I recorded a game yesterday... 4k on Hawkins Lab

But she's my main so........

I think she can be upper tier if played right (Yes, there's a right and a wrong way to play her)