Home Discussions General Discussions

Hate towards a FNaF Chapter

SpringeySpringey Member Posts: 202

With all the FNaF Chapter ideas/requests popping up, there, of course, comes hate with it.

But why?

The community? You meant he community that grew up now? And even if there are these people you consider 'cringe children', where would you see them? You won't even play with them in matches if you're good enough. The forums have mods, same with the discord.

Springtrap wouldn't fit? He fits aesthetically just fine, just little tweaks here and there to make him fit the style of DbD even more. 'But he's dead'... Spirit is also. There are the games and there are the novels both in different universes to say it simple. A FNaF Chapter based on the novels could give us Springtrap, 1/more survivors and a map. And with the new FNaF game coming up we would even have another solid killer option next to Springtrap. Vanny as the killer, a female (night-)guard if she is going to important and a 80s styled mall as the map.

All in all, that'd just mean more content, more players and more money for BHVR. You wouldn't even notice the children you talk about. Same could have been said for Stranger Things.

I feel like the most just go with the mass without even doing research and copy whatever the mass says.

Comments

• DabihwowDabihwow Member Posts: 1,409

Well the thing is for Stranger things it became more for adult audiences later on as the seasons got darker but I get what your saying and honestly I wouldn't mind seeing Fnaf come to DBD I just don't want to see a full blown chapter though, as cool as it sounds I just don't see how it could work with a survivor, and yes CHarlie would fit the role but I'm not sure if the novels are in fact canon. Plus you'll need a map and I don't think the resturant will fit because its way too small. But its an interesting idea nonetheless, I just want to see a paragraph and that's it.

• SpringeySpringey Member Posts: 202
    edited June 29

Like I said on other threads, maps could be similar to haddonfield/springwood (styled not gameplay) or a unique mall map. Charlie wouldn't fit as she is a robot. Her friends make sense to be survivors though. Springtrap could be the killer of this chapter aswell, they'd also have more freedom as novel Springtrap doesn't have a set design. Just make it based on the novel trilogy.

And like said above with the new coming up we have a new killer option, Vanny, a potential survivor and a 80s styled mall map. That FNaF Chapter would be based on the games then.

• lucid4444lucid4444 Member Posts: 470

Probably because they didn't like the game or the audience that was attracted to it. It was a cheaply made jumpscare game that went viral, there are TONS of them out there on steam. It would make more sense to import the monster from Amnesia, rather than this or something like a Minecraft Creeper. DBD is just more mature/dark/edgy

• SpringeySpringey Member Posts: 202

FNaF isn't mature/dark/edgy? I mean yeah, the gameplay isn't but look beyond that. Look beyond the games even.

Yeah I get that Fnaf does feel like it is for younger audiences but at times it can get so dark to the point its for adults, so there's that.

• thrawn3054thrawn3054 Member Posts: 3,310

I have no idea what it is. From what I can piece together from what people are saying it sounds like crap.

• MookywolfMookywolf Member Posts: 907

the games already been pretty censored by the devs themselves, this game coule be WAY more brutal. also, its already been tried and failed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o36-byW6ZTo

• bm33bm33 Member Posts: 1,683

I'd say multiple posts being made about it are increasing the hate. Be nice if the mods could just merge them all.

• 53nation53nation Member Posts: 512

Who would the killer even be? A slightly menacing teddy bear?

Who would the survivor be? A security camera?

Oh my lord , seriosly answer me this, WHO THE (BAD WORD) WOULD A CHILD PLAY THIS GAME?

• DoultimeDoultime Member Posts: 82

The argument that stranger things doesnt fit its stupid. Stranger things like dbd its a love letter to old slasher movies that a bunch of the playerbase loves. Fnaf is a jumpscare game with "deepest lore" on par with slenderman/jeff the killer.

Idc if they add freddy or whoever u want in the game but you have to understand, there is people that wont find cute animatronics screaming their thing.

Also when people say fnaf is cringy is not about the children that loves the series its the tone/design of the games

• SemimaticSemimatic Member Posts: 152
    edited June 29

Man, I'd be fine with Springtrap being added into DBD, but I don't get why there are so many of these threads. It's a popular subject so I responded to a decent amount of them, but there's so many of these and it's sort of odd. I'm all for if you want or don't want him, but please just give actual content to show and talk about while doing so and make this less of an endless cycle of:

They should add Springtrap.

No, that's cringe.

People should really only be talking about this now whenever they might want to share a concept or objectively give a sort of essay on why or why not they should be added. I'm sick of seeing these threads of the same exact things. I think BHVR gets the memo that some people want FNaF and some people don't, can we stop with these threads?

• MusicNerd_TCMusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,089

Yes, books. I want the dark tower books instead of the flaming pile of garbage, that is five nights at Freddy's.

• nicknacknicknack Member Posts: 253

My general opinion is that while yes the comunity itself may have grown up but the franchise is still being marketed towards kids by youtubers and like others said we really dont need more toxicity in this comunity and i would just want more original chapters because this comunity has some amazing concepts.

• shwagshwag Member Posts: 417

K ? Really do not care for them or for you or the op. They asked why the hate and I responded.