Home Discussions General Discussions
Hit Validation has been re-enabled. This time around, it will be left on indefinitely.
For more information, see this blogpost: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/185864

So another skin that can't be mixed?

JephKaplanJephKaplan Member Posts: 308

So the new Nea skin Graff-Crafter is yet another set, is this the future of cosmetics? Are we about to see them locking every new cosmetic from now on, mixing the cosmetics is 1 of the best systems in DbD so why lock it. They could've easily made the hoodie go with the torso and u can use whatever head u want under it, or even like Bunny Feng (which was not executed quite as good the hood should've been with the torso not the head but whatever)

Comments

• KebekKebek Member Posts: 1,916

@Peanits Any reason to why are these cosmetics linked ?

• LethalPugyLethalPugy Member Posts: 345

It has a hood is my guess? And they don’t currently have the code to just connect two cosmetics. Complete guess

• Aven_FallenAven_Fallen Member Posts: 6,735

A Set because of the Hoodie. Even tho, I am wondering if the Head Piece is with part of the Hoodie or without, because the Head Piece is only the Head itself.

But I guess it would create clipping issues with some of Neas Hairs, like the long-haired Head Pieces.

• ABannedCatABannedCat Member Posts: 2,482

My only explanation is because its easier and faster to create, since you have have less clipping issues to take into account. Maybe this is the first step to Behaviour just mass-producing skins at an increased rate now. Which in turn will generate more money.

• cheetocultleadercheetocultleader Member Posts: 1,022

Idk how true that is, at least for me. I have gotten stuff from the rift and spent more just to match it to something I like. Same with when they gave us the event outfits. Directly bought Kate new pants. Plus I've mixed and matched new pieces with old stuff in the shop and bought them together. If anything, this is just less option.

• Aven_FallenAven_Fallen Member Posts: 6,735

Which got released before Sets were a thing. Maybe Sets needed to be created for the Silent Hill Chapter and BHVR started to use it for other stuff as well.

I mean, I got it, it looks amazing. But I would also be happy about mix&match and I am pretty sure that most players will not use Head Pieces which clip through the hoodie.

• doitagain_doitagain_ Member Posts: 532

This is not a legendary skin, it’s a very rare skin that happens to be a linked set.

• MissKitty95MissKitty95 Member Posts: 414

Ok, thought they were called legendary sets from when the silent hill chapter, but tbh it don’t matter point still stands shouldn’t be forced into a whole set, majority of the skins look better mixed up then there base skins

• xenotimebongxenotimebong Member Posts: 1,640

This is exactly it.

They can create more skins at a faster rate since they don’t need to test how they interact in every possible cosmetic combination, or spend resources fixing the inevitable cosmetic issues that have to be fixed every patch. Expect this to be the new norm.