Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Is there a reason to play Clown over Freddy?

Valor188917Valor188917 Member Posts: 649
edited July 2020 in General Discussions

Even a single one except for his instadown addon? He's literally the same but in worse.

At least give him a locker teleport, it would fit the theme seeing him squeeze into a locker and come out from another would be fun.

Trying to get the crown on him right now but man is he bad, i feel like his clouds are even weaker than freddy's infinitely spammable traps.

Comments

• RayrafLPPRayrafLPP Member Posts: 621

with his recent buff clowns chase potential is actually insane.

Freddy has his snares, but he has to get peopl into the dream world first plus the snares are way smaller then clowns bottles.

Freddy has more map pressure sure, and i think hes overall stronger then clown, but if you want to have fast chases clown is now stonger then freddy in this cathegory.

• Valor188917Valor188917 Member Posts: 649
  • SketchyPenguinSketchyPenguin Member Posts: 142

Clown is daddy.

• PureHostilityPureHostility Member Posts: 692

Thats the issue with Freddy on one hand and Clown on the other hand.

Freddy needs more down sides to his power, in overall decreasw all aroundness of his power.

Clown needs small tweaks to make his chase potential to have less downtime and bottles have stronger effect. "He is underrated".

• gunslingers_potatoegunslingers_potatoe Member Posts: 192

Well hitting a survivor with a bottle interrupts their action, so there's that.

Also the bottles' gas covers a greater area rather than the snares, and there's no need to be in the dream world to be affected by the gas too. There are definitely differences between this 2 mechanics, but still, Clown needs something more to keep up with the rest of the killers.

• Ghost_Face_MainGhost_Face_Main Member Posts: 590

Clown is my first main, so he holds sentimental value to me. He's not that weak either, you just need to know how to pressure chases, as Clown can dominate in chases already. Plus Clown naturally has a bigger area of effect with his bottles (depending on his throw) compared to Freddy. Freddy can kiss it with his tiny snares.

• johnmwarnerjohnmwarner Member Posts: 3,793

He’s different enough, I have more fun playing clown, and I don’t always have to be a top tier killer to enjoy this game.

Winning isn’t everything, and besides you can still be competitive with clown most games. But if you don’t wanna challenge yourself and only use the strongest option that’s fine too.

• GoodBoyKaruGoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 18,602

I was gonna tag dude delicious but yet again he has beaten me to the post

Guess he's not my playstyle then since i'm more of a strategist who enjoys global mappressure with fake teleports.

I just hated how his bottle slow was barely noticable, I didn't use addons sure but a power shouldn't be garbage without addons.

im not a fan of chars that I need to learn mechanics of in a 1off game like DBD to be honest so I wont learn it and just keep playing m1 killers like Executioner.

• goatslingergoatslinger Member Posts: 522

Depends what you're after. If you want to play braindead and get easy 4ks then no. Freddy every time.

This is a really good point, it’s the reason I r never learned nurse... I feel like playing her to her full potential quo’s require muscle memory and knowledge of loops that would hinder my playing with the other 19 killers

Why should I have to put in brainpower while survivors holdm1 in a game with no competitive mode or clout in the first place, also freddy is just a regular m1 killer with a teleport mostly, he's not more brainless than for example bubba or wraith.

• csandman1977csandman1977 Member Posts: 2,220

Why play clown?

Better laugh than Freddy.

Bottles make survivors scream which is always a fun time.

Easier time finding immersed blendettes. Just launch bottle until you hear the screams. Ir the intoxicated scoring event pops up.

More people fear clowns than Freddy.

Better theme music.

Less likely to be dc'd on.

Better cosmetics...or just actually having cosmetic options.

Will almost ALWAYS be underestimated.

No teleport but who cares! The nerf to gen speeds makes teleporting and super speed obsolete anyway!

There was no nerf to genspeeds so what are you talking about.

• DrDeepwoundDrDeepwound Member Posts: 1,999
    edited July 2020

I used to be a Freddy main, but my big gripe about him has always been that killer sits in the dark dreamworld with limited vision and crap flying all over the screen for no reason. Freddy should see clearly and normal despite him being in the dreamworld, its literally just a visual nerf and serves no purpose and thats mostly why I play Clown more now since Freddy rework. Once you play him like 10 hours straight for a stream, and then play a non-dreamworld killer you realize the dreamworld hurts your eyes, make it more difficult to find people, and causes headaches.

Went from playing Freddy daily to Clown everyday, I play Clown and Legion the most now... and if I play Freddy the dreamworld reminds me why I no longer do.

• ChatkovskiChatkovski Member Posts: 309

The Clown surely deserves a rework. Its power is redundant, not very original... throwing gas bottles that "intoxicate", that's all. It's not even laughing gas! And if the effect is real for the survivors (we no longer see anything, we cough, we no longer advance...), the experience is not very rich for the killer.

Developers should take care of it seriously, not just make a few balancing adjustments.

The universe of the clown is ultimately limitless, and is very interesting in horror. I am convinced that the developers would very much like to work on it, for something much more signed, rich, funny, disturbing... With the Clown, it is really possible to think something else entirely, or to keep the gas going, to add something else, and completely rework the addons in order to vary the experience. I imagine very well gas of different colors for different effects, at least.

• GodDamn_AngelaGodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,186

If you like the Clown more, play the Clown. That's all that matters.

• ZerLukasZerLukas Member Posts: 294

There is a point in playing Clown over Freddy if you simply like him more as a character. From a competitive standpoint there isn't much point.

• Dead_by_GadflyDead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,774

This ^

People miss the fact that clown can end chases much more quickly than Fred. Its Freds teleporting that make him dangerous. In chase when youre awake you can loop him to ######### and when youre asleep it DOES take time to put down snares. Not much, second or 2, but while freds doing that clowns already tossed the bottle and is coming around the side.

The reason clown sucks is because he doesnt end chases quickly enough to generate the map pressure required to stop decent teams from completeing gens. But all killers have that problem for various reasons depending of course on the skill level of the team

• copperslycoppersly Member Posts: 2,318

OP here's an image fresh off the press for you

• csandman1977csandman1977 Member Posts: 2,220

There was but only for multiple people on the gen. Mostly was sarcasm in my gen nerf statement

• DiamDiam Member Posts: 50

About to main clown and doctor because it's more of a challenge. Freddy is too easy IMO and isn't fun. Doctor is really fun to use, looks cool, and I can still 4k easily as him. Clown looks terrible but he'll definitely be fun (for atleast the first 10~ games). Clown is like a powerhouse in a 1v1, which is the fun part.

However ofc Freddy is better than him.

• KebekKebek Member Posts: 3,676

Because he's got the best attack CD animation.

It’s always the slowdown, while forever Freddy was nerfed if you stack addons, sloppy, pop, Thana, dying light in some combo it still buys you lots of time to be bad in chases

• xEaxEa Member Posts: 2,972

More people fear clowns than Freddy.

Are we both playing the same game?