Home Dead by Daylight Forums PTB Feedback Archives 4.1.0 PTB Feedback

These Billy add ons actually seem solid, unique and interesting.

anarchy753anarchy753 Member Posts: 3,820

Iridescent Brick: Undetectable after a 5 second sprint. Makes BBQ chainsaws terrifying. Every time someone hears the chainsaw they immediately have to go for cover even when they think they're safe. Combined with the Apex Muffler or Off-Brand Motor Oil for decreased sound range (or silent), and this will be an absolutely terrifying stealth Billy.

Tuned Carburetor: lower charge time, base movement speed. It's actually a good trade off, you want easier one hit downs, then you have to rely on your power more as your base speed is lower.

Big Buckle: Possible synergy with M&A to have a tiny terror radius after long sprints. Could work well with TInkerer to grant you Undetectable as you approach a gen, and retain stealth once you're there for surprise attacks.

Lopro Chains: While it removes the one-hit down, this turns any pallet into a risk. It's like going against Huntress, it forces survivors to drop pallets in less convenient ways or risk taking a hit as Billy charges through. Unlike Huntress, he also doesn't then have to kick the pallet after the hit to keep chasing. For all the complaining about Billy's chase being hurt, this seems like a major game-changer that could clear all the pallets off a map quickly and efficiently.

There are obviously some crap ones. Mother's Helpers seems downright useless, Black Grease is largely redundant because blinds don't generally last long enough after you break a pallet to be a concern. I get that they want to play up the "Billy = Lightborn" aspect, but they don't seem worth using ever. That said, all killers have some turd add ons, and at least he doesn't have a goddamn haemorrhage or blindness add on.

Comments

• anarchy753anarchy753 Member Posts: 3,820

I feel like you're looking at it the wrong way. Billy didn't have a problem with pallets when he could infinitely rev and pressure survivors at every single loop. On old Billy this wouldn't be much of an improvement. On the new Billy where you actually have to think about how you use your power, an add on that changes how survivors use and waste pallets is a big step up.

• Yung_SlugYung_Slug Member Posts: 2,236

I still think the time you save by passing through a pallet and maybe getting a hit is less than the time you would save by just being able to instadown instead.

Quite possibly, but he's far from the first killer to get an ultra rare that comes with a severe detriment to force you to play differently.

I disagree with the Big Buckle. Less a 'reward for failure,' more an alternating strength and method of play instead of a distinct point of weakness.

• TodgeweihtTodgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666

Fair point, but it still feels weird to me. I guess it's okay for a yellow add-on.

Honestly I play most killers without add ons a lot of the time, like Plague, Pig etc and they're all perfectly viable even at rank 1. Billy's power is still categorically stronger than theirs, so I still see add ons as small improvements rather than "needed to play the game."

• bm33bm33 Member Posts: 5,998

During a stream today someone used Trail of Torment with I think it was Apex Muffler as a stealth build on Billy. Survivors didn't know Billy was close until they heard his roar.

edited July 2020

Yeah exactly, that seems insanely good.

Even just consider Nemesis. You become the obsession and oblivious when you stun him, so you wouldn't even hear him revving the chainsaw from behind a wall. Could be a lot of fun.

• CrowFoxyCrowFoxy Member Posts: 1,309

I, too, like a bad speed limiter that gives no extra BP and to move 5% faster when a flashlight is on me.

• CrowFoxyCrowFoxy Member Posts: 1,309

Also, no. The chains don't turn pallets into a risk. Do you even know how survivors use pallets? They don't run in a straight line after dropping it usually.

• bm33bm33 Member Posts: 5,998

With Trail of Torment it didn't matter that the gen was highlighted, he was across the map silently downing someone in no time. I like that you can do different kinds of stealth builds on him too. Will be interesting to see which ones end out being the go to builds.

• pizzamess11pizzamess11 Member Posts: 149

I generally agree but with the new billy changes it feels like all the game is allowing me to do is just go for the safe back rev and that's its, the thing I loved most about billy was being able to always use his power. Going through a game without ever using m1 is the most satisfying feeling I ever got out of dbd, and now that's gonna be basically impossible.

• MozzieMozzie Member Posts: 618

I couldn't disagree more about your thoughts on the addons. I feel that the vast majority of his addons are complete garbage and any changes to his playstyle are worse than his original base kit. They have stolen most of the skillful plays from billy and IMO made him a D class killer.

• DustinDustin Member Posts: 1,639

Iridescent Brick seems silly because after 5 seconds everyone has already heard you chainsawing halfway across the map. Seems pointless unless you're pairing it with another addon but even so the distance you gain across the map before that comes into play seems off. Also 5 seconds of chainsawing seems like it would use a lot on the gauge already before overheating?

Maybe change my mind on this but it seems worthless.

• SonzaishinaiSonzaishinai Member Posts: 6,188

I feel like they forgot to add "for 10 seconds" to mothers helpers

Yeah, it's definitely a lot more interesting than "charge speed, movement speed or steering"

• BigTimeGamerBigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752

5 seconds is an insane amount of time