Home Dead by Daylight Forums PTB Feedback Archives 4.1.0 PTB Feedback

Another garbage and useless ultra-rare.

Seiko300Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,860
edited July 2020 in 4.1.0 PTB Feedback

"Lopro Chains" are actually way worse than I thought they'd be

I was mistakenly under the impression that the single state of damage would only ever apply if you hit a survivor after cutting through a pallet. But that's not true at all, the chainsaw deals a single state of damage regardless if you hit them normally or if you hit them after cutting through a pallet.

Check out King having a similar reaction:

My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined.

Comments

• TheMythicalCatTheMythicalCat Member Posts: 175

So the add-on allows you to save a few seconds in a chase when dealing with pallets, in exchange for wasting a lot more time by not allowing you to insta-down. It's not like Billy couldn't deal with Pallets already, Survivors would get some distance but he can already catch up with his chainsaw. The time you lose by them getting distance is less then the time you save by insta-downing them. Plus, if you mistime it, then you don't even get a hit through the pallet, as they would have already gotten away from the pallet.

• Valor188917Valor188917 Member Posts: 649
    edited July 2020

That is literally not how it is, if a billy pre-revs his chainsaw just continue to loop, he'd actually be better off without the iriaddon because now he has to commit for what is MAYBE basically an M1 hit through a pallet IF the stars align. It is absolutely not worth to give up instadowns for this.

• RoMainPuppyRoMainPuppy Member Posts: 507

Wow that's ######### stupid and super disappointing. This coming from the same devs who haven't added an ultra rare offering to the game since they discontinued Moon Bouquets (RIP).

They are just bad at Ultra Rares, or they break them.

• madamrettomadamretto Member Posts: 361

Yeah, firstly, the description of Billy's iri add-on is not quite right, and secondly, this add-on sucks 😄 Bubba's are fine tho.

🍀

• Alice_pbgAlice_pbg Member Posts: 5,066

did you miss the part right after the time in the video?

where he sawed through a pallet and DIDN'T hit the david? Because 90% of pallets are next to a turn? and people can just go to the side?

meaning, you only get value out of this if they drop the pallet late and are locked in animation.

it's terrible.

• Seiko300Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,860

EDIT:

Scott Jund just posted a new video dedicated to useless add-on design, and he directly calls out the Lopro Chains.

These add-ons are laughably bad, they're horrible. I don't mean to sound narrow-minded and not willing to listen to other peoples opinion, but when I say that anybody who doesn't think there is some problem with these add-ons needs to stop, think, and reflect for a second, I say that completely unironically.

I'm completely on board with you on this one.

I get the need for opposing comments, survivors need to keep an eye on killers and killers keep an eye on survivors in a weird two-way checks and balances kind of deal, but this is undoubtedly a situation where you couldn't possibly mistaken that Hillbilly got the shaft in his add-ons.

The rework, I understand, I get the reason why that was done he had no restrictions holding him or his power back at all during a trial. But the fact that a rework to this scale is going through highlights this issue even further, a nerf is fine as long as Hillbilly can 1: still perform at base and 2: have access to add-ons to pick up the slack in truly oppressive and well-contested matches.

People are already furious with the change as it is, and now are you really going to tell me we need to nerf both the Hillbilly AND prevent him from getting actually decent add-ons too? How is that okay or fair in terms of balance when the devs already admitted to really liking the position he was already in??

Honestly I do believe it's more than fair to nerf his base capabilities but in kind at least give him the benefit of decent add-ons to compensate for the change don't add insult to injury.

• MigrantTheGreatMigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,257

It's Nurse all over again, Billy got the 2.0 nerf that nurse got. Undeserved basekit nerf and in return ######### addons that are either useless or give perk benefits.

I'm starting to question what the devs motive of nerfing killer's are, and if I'm speaking my honest opinion, I feel like they have no clue as to what it is they are doing. It literally feels like all they did was come up with these idea's on paper and just stuck them in the game without testing them.

• mike1244mike1244 Member Posts: 1

You are clearly a survivor main and it shows. Imagine having a flashlight add on and when you get a blind, your flashlight disappears. That’s how useless this add on is. You’re better off without the add on

edited July 2020

Doesn't matter how active you are on the forums / in the community or how much rep / clout you got. You say something that's ######### up on the forums and people are liable to call you out on it. That's the short of it.

• pizzamess11pizzamess11 Member Posts: 149

Doing something oftendoesnt make you good at it, which you so clearly demonstrate. Billy's addons were his only problem his base kit was perfectly balanced.

I never claimed you were, that's why I wrote what I did. Doesn't matter which side you play, it doesn't matter how many people you know on the forums or in the community, if you say ######### that isn't right people will call you out.

It's non-discriminatory, and makes no distinction between players who play one side, or both sides.

• mosheon970mosheon970 Member Posts: 215
  • ZerogZerog Member Posts: 27

Wait..a powerful..pink add on? Are you trying to imply you thought they gave a killer an actual good ULTRA RARE add on that would have a good powerful effect yet not really broken instead a useless meme add on?

Man i wish i had your faith in BHVR

• The_Killer_LegacyThe_Killer_Legacy Member Posts: 32

This is still a PTB, there is still time for them to adjust Lopro Chains. If they made this addon to injure a survivor for a single health state only when destroying a pallet, this would make this addon really good.

• VolfawottVolfawott Member Posts: 3,876

Even though I don't agree with your initial post I kind of hate how people keep shoving the US vs them mentality down people's throats just because you have a dissenting opinion as an automatically make you a survivor main or killer main

• Thund3rstruck57Thund3rstruck57 Member Posts: 155
    edited July 2020

So clearly Billy's iridescent add-ons are bad. Here's how they could be changed to actually be worth ultra-rare status. Make the iridescent brick give you undetectable after 1.5 or 2 seconds of sprint. Make the lopro chains keep instadown on the chainsaw except after you've gone through a pallet.

Post edited by Thund3rstruck57 on