Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

This game is a ######### cesspool right after rank reset

ThypariThypari Member Posts: 67
edited July 2020 in General Discussions

This is the first time I play a rank reset. And it's one of the worst multiplayer experiences I've ever had (I play computer games since '94). I did 4 matches so far and in every single match the first survivor that gets downed is disconnecting. I started at rank 5.

I blame the devs for not having a stricter more punishing disconnect penalty.

Comments

• ClintonClinton Member Posts: 303

I always lose ambition to play at rank reset. Lots of try hards trying to get back to rank 1 as quickly as possible.

I have already seen two rank 1 killers today. The sweat is real!

• ClickyClickyClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

I remember why I stopped playing. The survivor experience is absolutely miserable. I took a break for a while and now I’m rank 9. People are either not trying or just complete beginners. Its not worth playing, no matter how hard you sweat personally you’ll never get gens done as you’re pulling survivors off hooks every 5 seconds and they’re all dead by the time 2 gens are done. The killers dont need any skill, they just have to show up. Not to mention most still play like scum, tunneling out baby survivors as fast as possible and none even have any perks like DS to defend themselves.

As killer its nice not having every game be a sweatfest but some are just so braindead and easy I feel bad for the survivors. Its putting me against people who dont stand a chance.

Its like all the good players have quit overnight.

I dont just want to play killer though I want to play survivor. I paid for both roles but it feels like I can only enjoy half a game here.

• ClintonClinton Member Posts: 303

This too. You run into really bad survivors which makes playing solo queue miserable. Ran a Myers all game and none of my teammates didn't even make an attempt to rescue me on my first hook

• MikeasaurusMikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,313

There was a Rank reset? Seriously, no joke here, but my rank didn't change on either side for me. Still Rank 2 Survivor and Rank 4 Killer. Maybe bugged, but I am seeing far more DC's when I'm playing killer, and I'm just playing normally. No tunneling, camping, etc.

• Warcrafter4Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,900

This is just how the game was before when we didn't have the DC penalty and now that its been disabled due to hackers abusing it we are just going back to the pre DC penalty game of survivors instantly DCing the moment something they dislike happens.

• MongolPSRMongolPSR Member Posts: 1,032

killers also have to deal with the death squad survivors trying to race back to rank 1. It all evens out.

• Throwaway123Throwaway123 Member Posts: 183

lol I love this guy's comments. Talks like he knows about balance but constantly admits his rank is low. Yes Killer is easy at low rank against bad people and survivor is hard due to said bad teammates. Congrats you learned the secret everyone knows. Get a tiny bit gud and stop being so biased

• AneurysmAneurysm Member Posts: 4,484
    edited July 2020

He said himself, rank reset is a thing. Being in red ranks means you played that role a decent amount this month, it's not the secret to unlocking the ability to opinions on balance.

Also you're talking like only red rank killers get paired with red rank survivors. Not these days

• katoptriskatoptris Member Posts: 2,309

Matchmaking is broken either way. A red rank killer might go against 20s and vice versa.

• DeadseaDeadsea Member Posts: 143

I like rank resets cause it keeps the game fresh and it also gives you something to look forward to every single month. If someone is rushing to get back to high ranks, they are missing the journey.

The matchmaking is certainly ass right now, but the amount of red rank survivors you face at low ranks vs high ranks is still different. And literally noone that exists in red ranks as killer for an extended period thinks "The killers dont need any skill, they just have to show up." or "As killer its nice not having every game be a sweatfest but some are just so braindead and easy I feel bad for the survivors."

You have to play against real bad players for every game to be a cake walk, and likely not play much killer at all to not once face an swf hit squad.

Dude's talking out his ass.

• AneurysmAneurysm Member Posts: 4,484
    edited July 2020

I know the survivor quality you get varies, I can get the sweatiest most anti-fun OoO swf groups that legend speaks of or a group of poor noobs, all of which are in red ranks and I get only red ranks whether I'm currently red, purple or green myself, apart from the occasional case where some rank 20 survivor ends up in my game. I'm just disputing that you need to be of a certain rank to have balance opinions considering how rank works.

You do need a certain time invested to have legitimate balance opinions though. Let's put it in terms of a different genre, like fighting games. A casual, newer player might tell you Hadouken spam is overpowered because they don't know how to get past it so Ryu is the best character in Street Fighter, but good players will have no issue with it and will tell you Ryu is low tier. The reason you don't listen to the casual players on balance is because they don't know what they're talking about.

Again, I think his opinion is totally invalid because he says he NEVER has a difficult game as killer. In a game where a person who plays killer consistently will face 1 SWF hit squad that not even the best players in the game can beat he's never had a difficult game? He's never seen a 4 man swf running OoO before? That's only possible if he doesn't play much killer. Even if he is low rank, according to the number of matchmaking posts I've seen of 4 rank 1's vs a rank 15 killer, he should have been destroyed by a 4 man swf at least once if he has more than a handful of killer games.

This is the guy saying Ryu is op because hadouken spam is too strong. He doesn't actually know what he's talking about and any high level player will dispute it if they're being honest.