Home Discussions General Discussions
The 4.6.0 PTB is now available on Steam. For full details, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/231267

wow BHVR, that's it?

Comments

• thekiller490490thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,166
    edited July 2020

I agree with you.

I was expecting no/very small changes and while the overheat changes SEEM to be substantial, Billy still doesn't have his add-ons back. Billy always was add on dependent, and it seems like we aren't going to be seeing those add-ons again. What happened to all the feedback on his add-ons just needing to stop stacking, not have a complete overhaul that makes the majority of them situational garbage?

• A_Can_Of_AirA_Can_Of_Air Member Posts: 911
    edited July 2020

Oh i get that, the comparison is still horrible.

If "trying" isn't enough, I suggest you submit a job application to BHVR for the role of a balance design team member. You people talk as if BHVR owe you something, or that you're a disappointed parent scolding your poorly performing child. Give them a damn break.

• MegaWaffleMegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

Not like I need to say it but "you're damned if you do, and you're damned if you don't".

I am often critical of decisions that have been made to DBD as a whole but I do my best (I promise I try ^.^) to be either constructive or patient with my responses. But I was glad to see a rather quick and reasonable response to the Hillbilly changes originally made for the PTB. While I will reserve any final opinions for hand on testing I am pleased to see they are not gutting how Hillbilly can use his chainsaw completely.

So to all the people that want to over exaggerate events before they have even had time to test them I say "chill out and see, nothing is going to change by you venting anger on the forums."

And to BHVR, "Thanks for taking the time to listen to the community and attempt a change that not only took community feedback but also (and most importantly) didn't completely negate your idea with the overheat mechanic." Don't let people completely stifle YOUR creativity simply because they spew vocal toxicity.

Cheers!

• DwightOPDwightOP Member Posts: 2,328
  • ad19970ad19970 Member Posts: 3,082

Yes but they try to listen to both sides and make as many people as possible happy. And there certainly were people that felt like Billy's base kit was just a bit too strong.

• ShenaniganShenanigan Member Posts: 178
    edited July 2020

Now you see as a part-time Survivor and Killer I do think survivors get the most out of certain things and they start thinking that they're high and mighty or at least above killers. There are some matches where I see killers just playing to play and while I'm working on a gen while the killer is chasing a Survivor I always see a Survivor drop a pallet and loop them until they break the pallet or they just blind them with a flashlight as they dropped the pallet sometimes they'll fast vault and t-bag after, and no joke: 2 or 3 gens were done in the time where a match didn't even make it to the first 5 or 10 minutes. Now it's easy to say, "that's the killer's fault then" and that's true because they could spend their time stopping us and interfere with gens progression instead of focusing on that one Survivor, but if a match just started and survivors are already spawned on 3 different gens separately and the killer runs into their first Survivor in the first few minutes and then you see 3 gens pop then for the killer it just seems like a lost cause because well, "I didn't even get my first hook and 3 gens are done now?"

Or when they're at the exit gate they gesture and t-bag.

Now since I play as a part-time killer I empathize with them because I know how they're feeling. Some just want to have fun playing while some Survivors just want to change that mood for them and make the match a living hell especially with t-bagging after a vault or stunning you with a pallet, and blinding you after.

Even though the killer is supposed to have the upper hand with powers and such you feel surprisingly powerless at times even if you are pretty good at the game. Plus for some reason even if killers get that slight advantage with a buff in their powers or a buff in general, I always catch some survivors trying to get them to be nerfed in some way. Like when Pyramid Head was in the PTB Survivors couldn't loop him which caused them to ask for a nerf. I've started to noticed that whenever killers get a "win" from the developers some Survivors get upset and say, "Devs are giving into killer main pressure"

Then if Survivors get a buff in some way some will say "get gud" in response or in their defense or something else. Now some killers would tend to say the same thing too with survivors, but not as often.

(And note that I've been saying the word "some" a lot because I'm not trying to say that ALL killer or survivor mains are like this but some of them are to a certain degree)

• PleassBuiltInNoedPleassBuiltInNoed Member Posts: 306

its perfect comparison, any kind of job has to be done right, if you cant just let someone else do it

• DwightOPDwightOP Member Posts: 2,328

Basekit? Barebone Billy to strong? These are noobs. Addons ok, but basekit Billy was to weak sometimes.

• ad19970ad19970 Member Posts: 3,082

Yes dismissing anyone who argues that basekit Billy is too strong as noobs won't really get many people to take you serious. Maybe at least attempt to understand where other people are coming from. If you don't, that's fine, but you need to accept that they still have their own opinion just like you have your own opinion.

And this game isn't only about you and your opinion on balance.

edited July 2020

No, it's far from perfect, if you actually looked below the surface of what you're suggesting, but again, go off, it's not me you're offending. BHVR don't owe you anything. If you feel THAT strongly about it, apply to become a balancing team member, then maybe you can get it "done right".

• MadArtilleryMadArtillery Member Posts: 826

I really hope so, I'm glad the overheat got heavily neutered but addons definitely need a huge pass.

• xpertbanditxpertbandit Member Posts: 12

Please BHVR, make the changes that I ask for or you obviously don't know what you are doing.

I don't get it. This community complains a lot. Why can't you just have fun or play another game thats you have fun playing. This game goes through changes galore and yet still something to complain about. Who hurt you?

• ChozoChorizoChozoChorizo Member Posts: 17

Don' know what the agitating title is all about, maybe it's just that I'm new here, but It really doesn't look like it's helping the case you're trying to make in this post. You seem to be going off personal opinions that you're applying to "probably the majority of Billy players", which is not productive and makes you come off as biased.

Yeah, there were a lot of complaints about Billy, but you can't just expect BHVR to change everything that was complained about. There is more than just the killer player base to cater to, I'm sure you are aware, and making such an ignorant claim about the fact that every complaint about Billy was valid or didn't conflict with what other players thought were a problem with him is quite frankly, close-minded.

I also feel like you think you're in the majority when you say that these tweaks aren't enough to keep Billy players playing Billy, when honestly I think these changes put Billy in a "better" spot, as in he's more agreeable for both teams now. When I say this, I mostly mean a decent group of survivors who really do think Billy can be too strong. I think I can safely say that most killer mains thought Billy was a consistently powerful and, more importantly, a fun killer. That's what these changes are aimed at, in any case: Making Billy less restrictive and more fun, while still bringing back his snowball and add-on potential so that he's less amazing at everything, something old PTB Billy was struggling with getting a good balance of. I assure you, as a Billy main, these PTB changes actually make him more appealing to me. Managing an overheat is an interesting concept which I think they've made reasonable now and even if his add-ons are really different and consistently "worse" you neglect the fact that numbers can change to make these add-ons better. Sure, they may not ever be what they were before, but just because they're weaker now doesn't mean they're terrible changes that will ruin the game.

I also flat out disagree with the notion that Billy without add-ons is too weak in live, I think he is still great without add-ons and with them, he can be a bit overclocked. That being said, don't think for a second that I'll miss some of his add-ons, I enjoyed playing with Insta-saw but I can safely say that they are a bit too strong. It kind of takes the timing and positioning strategy out of using the saw, in my eyes. Having those add-ons removed is fine by me, sure it was fun while it lasted but acting like it wasn't crazy good and kind of sucky to play against isn't being productive either. Now that this overhaul to his add-ons is coming, though, I'm gonna be honest in saying I think these add-on changes are healthy for his overall diversity in gameplay. When once before there were maybe 4 meaningful alterable statistics, there are now far more unique things you can do by altering your add-on builds. It's not like the add-ons can change statistically either, when you assumed early on before the developer response that they weren't touching add-ons, it just drove home how you were entirely expecting nothing to change with Billy, only to have a dev response imply the contrary and to have you respond to that with a shift to blame. Instead of it being your mistake for assuming the add-ons were not being looked at, it was the dev's mistake for not telling you that they were considering it. Just swallow your pride, honestly. This makes you look petty and childish.

• firedogfiredog Member Posts: 170

Lol, bhvr are only known for nerfing things to the ground

Remember tool boxs, now useless and they kept em the same speed, i could understand MAYBE of the flashlight but a tool box heck no

It's just sad as i get screwed over on both sides, i play both killer and know the meaning of whats fair, i care for good sportsmanship, sometimes if someone makes a mistake or begs for mercy i let em go or have a 2nd chance

I am a billy main and love him, i get a reliable map pressure and a one tap to punish scrub lords lol

In my opinion he has very wide and excellent addons, some of the best, simple....effective

• tortradertortrader Member Posts: 397

No reason? Tell that to players who come to DBD to main the Hillbilly. It's been nerfed.

You really lack empathy. Just because you done main Billy down mean that characters you like to use won't have their basekit hobbled and add-ons downgraded.

Whose side are you on? The consumers' or not?

• nicknacknicknack Member Posts: 253
    edited July 2020

Ngl i would love to have throwing knife leigon

Also. Oh?

• xl0udxl0ud Member Posts: 17

that isn't really ungrateful if everyone is saying they dont like the new Billy i mean all the billy mains are quitting dbd like me ima jus be a killer main lmao never playing survivor after i seen the new leatherface add ons bruh

• PleassBuiltInNoedPleassBuiltInNoed Member Posts: 306
  • MrGimmsYouTubeMrGimmsYouTube Member Posts: 35

Thank you so much for making these changes on what I think was a blunder of a idea. I think he did need slight changes, definitely. But not a complete overhaul. Let's all be THANKFUL of these changes, rather then be toxic. Can't wait to stream this when it comes out much love!

• TodgeweihtTodgeweiht Member Posts: 3,548

Yeah sure insta down and map mobility with no limits sure is weak.

• TKTKTKTK Member Posts: 943
    edited July 2020

You're being disingenuous, people were against the base nurse nerf which draws parallels with most people saying at base they were balanced obviously billy more than that and it went through, you seem to be someone who likes to stir the pot and play what used to be one of my favorite games when it comes to being on internet forums, you'll get a big reactions out of alot of people hear i'm sure.

• IronKnight55IronKnight55 Member Posts: 681

Seriously? They decided to make changes because of feedback from you guys and you're still complaining? LOL

• TodgeweihtTodgeweiht Member Posts: 3,548

The problem is that the feedback mostly consisted of "remove the changes".

• TKTKTKTK Member Posts: 943
    edited July 2020

Your way of thinking is probably worse than the complainers because if nobody complained the game would have died along time ago because the devs wouldn't have any feedback on what is bad or not fun in there live video game. Nobody should just shut up and consume, it's a product at the end of the day.

• IronKnight55IronKnight55 Member Posts: 681

I think most of us knew that the changes were not going to get removed. I think the devs are trying to please both sides.