Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Walked around gens for a hour and 10 minutes.

Comments

• TAGTAG Member Posts: 12,415

Like, if you're too bad to find 1 players of 3 players why should they get Punished For it?

Because the three players are preventing the one player from leaving the game without being punished. Duh.

• TheLastGreatStarTheLastGreatStar Member Posts: 1,002
    edited July 2020

Good for you. I also found them in the end and I don’t recall stating otherwise? So please don’t try to tell me how I played when you don’t have a clue. The point is, survivors shouldn’t be able to stretch out a game so long because they don’t want to do generators. It’s got nothing to do with being a bad or good killer. I know I’m a good killer and I don’t have to prove anything to anyone. But we all know that a Claudette on Yamaoka Estate is basically a cloaked Wraith.

If I decide to bodyblock a survivor into a corner for 10-30 mins, is that okay for me to do? This is no different. I don’t feel like using perks like Whispers or playing as Doctor and you shouldn’t be punished for that.

What we’re talking about is a BANNABLE OFFENCE. So how are we talking trash? Maybe learn to read before you comment to avoid looking like a moron.

“iF yOuRe tOo BaD” LMAO goodbye.

• WheresTheGateWheresTheGate Member Posts: 569

I can only speak as a survivor since that is what I play, but I have never understood when other survivors do this. Unless I am winning a cash prize that is contingent upon me escaping I'm gonna do my best to knock out those gens in that situation even though I know it's likely gonna get me killed. By the time you wait even a few extra minutes you could have already been killed, started another match and start earning points you can't earn by doing hiding and doing nothing.

Don't get me wrong. I want to win, and consider escaping to be a win, but it isn't worth doing nothing and getting rewarded with nothing.

• supersonic853supersonic853 Member Posts: 4,163

Especially when if the killers patient he will find and kill you anyway like i did then you get nothing.

• AneurysmAneurysm Member Posts: 4,786

This situation is annoying as hell, also can happen to a lesser degree when there's two in a swf left and one has a key, usually also on swamp maps when they can't find it. Also two solos both hiding and waiting for the other to die. When there's two survivors left there should be a minimum amount of gen repair per survivor required if not in a chase, and any that don't do their share get the EGC kill.

• gdelgadoatwgdelgadoatw Member Posts: 4

And how is it the survivors fault if the game got taken hostage? the killer is tombstone myers and obviously didnt look around hard enough just kept patrolling 3 gens or afk'ing. Its AS MUCH AS THE OP FAULT as it is the survivors for the game getting taken hostage. So OP needs to stop acting like a victim in all this.

• DrDeepwoundDrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,552
    edited July 2020

Survivors can indeed report a killer for taking the game hostage.

If you are being held hostage in the game with eitherside not progressing the game, it is reportable.

I had a Claudette keep me on swamp map for over an hour back when Swamp Map was larger, and since then I have no tolerance for such behavior.

In your example, the myers is actively doing his part, though. Not holding game hostage

• funkymonkeyfunkymonkey Member Posts: 29

As a new player of about 3 weeks, I like to play sneaky as a survivor but I'm always looking for gens and completing them. I'm not great at looping so I sneak about. Players that hide and do nothing is just a waste of everyone's time. Dont see the point of it. I dont see a problem in being sneaky so long as you are being productive too.

It actually is the survivors' fault for breaking the game's rules, yes. If I trap a survivor in a corner for the entire game from 5 gens until the end of EGC is that actually their fault for going there in the first place? I could put that down when appealing the ban, I'm sure that logic would be taken very seriously.

The way this OP mentions their exp is that is their fault for not running in to die. Obvious they were playing super careful and the OP had no tracking perks.

And ive had that happen to me before where someone will play super evasively (because theyre waiting for the other person to die or ???) usually i run a tracking perk im comfortable with to not have to deal with hide and seek

How is it their fault? You're telling me youd wilfully run in to do gens that are close together with a tombstone myers? The OP obviously did a poor job as killer especially when they had the upper hand like that and obviously didnt search good enough. The OP also didnt have any tracking perks (just as it is for survivors who have to use certain perks to counter tunneling, camping and slugging, etc.) I wouldnt pin this entirely on the survivors.

• danielmaster87danielmaster87 Member Posts: 6,190

This is why the killer should be able to open the gates at any time.

You're asking what I'd choose between probably getting insta-moried and crouching around bushes and rocks for over an hour, which I could then also be reported for? Lmao how is that even a difficult choice? I'm really not patient or petty enough for the latter, I'll get in another game.

The issue with that is this situation would become more common when there's two survivors left, especially if they're swf, to try and make the killer frustrated enough to just open them so they can both get out. I think punishing survivors who ignore objectives for too long when there's two left would be better.

• TheLastGreatStarTheLastGreatStar Member Posts: 1,002

I agree.

An idea I posted in another thread would be to have a limit of 10 minutes that the survivors can go without repairing a generator. After 10 minutes they will receive the penalty which could be something like having their aura shown to the killer and then receiving the exposed status. To stop the penalty from happening you have to repair a generator for at least 10%. Being found by the killer and entering a chase would also stop the penalty from occurring.

10 minutes is more than enough time as nobody should be going that long without trying to repair a generator.

• PlutoniumYTPlutoniumYT Member Posts: 15

If I don't find them after 5 minutes, I just start opening every single locker I find.

• 28_stabs28_stabs Member Posts: 1,474

This is very good topic. I love it. It show how entitled and careless some killers are now. The topic starter believe that only survivors must equip certain perks to win their games. The killer cant be bothered to use the right perks to win their game. Just hand the killer free win on a silver platter. The last survivor or 2 survivors are free kills, if killer dont want to use aura tracking perks.

Now imagine if a survivor would make a topic about camping. That would be their own fault for making a single mistake, not having DS, BT or even SWF to get them off hook and out of the basement.

That 1h game was this killers own mistake.

Good idea. If killer is not prepared for something, that would allow to accept the mistake and speed it all. The last 3 gens can be the most difficult part of the game. I wont blame survivors for taking it slow.

Also when there's two survivors left it's usually the more useless one that gets out. One carries on repairing, one crouchwalks around the hatch or climbs in and out of lockers near it, and ofc the one repairing gets found first. It'd be nice if being a terrible teammate was rewarded with hatch less often.

You are not allowed to stop doing gens altogether and hide for super long periods of time because then you are preventing the game from ending. It is that simple.

The devs already have made their stance clear in the past, and it runs very contrary to the stance you are taking, so it doesn't really matter at this point.

• TheDizTheDiz Member Posts: 240

They should be swarming with crows if they haven't touched a gen in that long so they should be easy to find. If you see a locker with 15 crows on it, I think you found one...lol

• MyouyMyouy Member Posts: 2

Same thing happened to me in the saloon map, they kept hiding in the various bushes and I couldn't find them.

I tried walking away from the gens for a couple of minutes to give them enough time to finish one and they didn't.

I had to message them to get them to leave.

• 28_stabs28_stabs Member Posts: 1,474

True. Survivors need to survive for 9 min and after that, I agree, survivors should try to get the generators done, even if it is pure suicide. A suicide can take time to prepare, so I dont think it is "simple". It can look simple for a killer main.. but I wouldnt be too sure about it. :^)

Everything matter, the forum is for different opinions.

9 minutes of being alive in the match is fine. However, factoring in the time of the match simply progressing naturally, it is very unlikely that a Survivor would have to hide for those full 9 minutes once they commit to hiding unless they are actively hiding and not doing gens from the start, which just makes that Survivor a bad player.

• DeadFreakWalknDeadFreakWalkn Member Posts: 20

I have played a match as survivor where killer Myers downed me first, then proceeded to watch me bleed out for the rest of the match. I was running Kindred, so luckily no one tried to save me. I was mostly entertained honestly, as I crawled slowly across the map away from survivors. Needless to say, I was the only one to die. But you are right; I've never been fully blocked in before - hat wouldn't be nearly as fun... This case OP describes just doesn't seem as "hostage" to me. If BP are the issue, maybe that could reworked, as it sounds like there are a lot of issues with BP earnings. . .