Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Good Nurse Builds?

Just hit rank 1 killer for the first time and I'm looking to better learn nurse but can't decide on a build. Currently running:

BBQ
Discordance
Ruin
Shadowborn (what does this actually do? I heard it negates her fatigue and let's you track survivors but I'm not seeing it)

Discordance and BBQ seem very good on her; thinking of swapping out ruin and/or shadowborn for M&A, NOED, Nurse's or make your choice. Thoughts?

Comments

  • KilligmaKilligma Member Posts: 372

    BBQ, NOED, ruin and sloppy butcher is usually what I run. The last perk can be swapped out for something else.

  • NurseMainBTWNurseMainBTW Member Posts: 531
    edited January 2019

    Hey, Nurse main here (Was that obvious?)

    You generally want to ALWAYS run ruin at rank 1, you can't live without it. The nurse is a rush down killer, so you must apply as much as pressure as possible using perks which can really turn the game into torture.

    Good tracking perks are:

    • Whispers: This is just great, works like a charm to know exactly what generator is being worked on, knowing exactly where to blink will not give survivors time to react. Does also counters 1 vs 1 shenanigan.
    • BBQ: Undoubtedly the best aura-reading perk in the game. If you have it, run it.
    • Shadowborn: Why does this excel so much on Nurse? Once you get used to it, you'll never want to go back. The augmentation of the FOV is just great, and it also helps to track survivor even in the fatigue status.
    • Monitor & Abuse: FOV augmentation AND reduced terror radius? They won't even see you coming. Your blinks while not in a chase are longer than your terror radius. An absolute monster as a perk on Nurse.

    Good pressure perks are:

    • A Nurse's calling: Undoubtedly one of the scariest perks survivors face. Good pressure, survivors will never stay close to a general place to heal meaning they will waste time getting as much distance as possible and THEN heal.
    • Sloppy Butcher: Works wonders with Nurse's calling, got a bit weaker since "No healing only gen" has entered as a viable strategy for survs. Good to slow down games.
    • Pop goes the weasel: Being the nurse one of the best killers to end chases quickly followed by hooks, PGTW can seriously hinder any gen-rush strategy.
    • Devour hope: High risk/high reward hex perk. As stated for PGTW, this works wonders if you get confident in your chasing ability.
    • Make your choice: The little daughter of DH. Again, exposed status applies tons of pressure. If you can always track the exposed survivor this makes it super duper great.
    • Franklin's Demise: Probably my favorite, it's just SO GOOD to slap items out of survivors. They will lose a lot of time to go back to search for their precious items. Highly recommended on matches with 3+ survs with items, excellent at countering instant-heals.

    Mediocre perks are:

    • Stridor: Unless you have good headphones, don't even bother. Hearing breaths better can sure come in handy but it won't always be reliable.
    • Deerstalker: Slugging can be viable on Nurse, but it's risky and usually doesn't work at high levels. Can be combined with Knock out for the "I can't see *@#?" build.
    • Rancor: Unless you have a real hate for DS users... I wouldn't really recommend this.
    • NOED: You are using one of the best killers for map pressure and chase, why would you want them to complete gens? Forget this unless you don't have anything to slow down the game... but you shouldn't run NOED in general since it's not going to make you better at all.
    • Overcharge: Unless the survivors are potatoes at getting skill checks, this won't work well.

    Bad perks are:

    • SFTS: Even when reworked, this doesn't work on a good percentage of the map. Bad/niche tracking perk.
    • Thanatophobia: Despise what it's written, the penalty is miserable and generally adds 2 to 5 seconds more to actions... and you need everyone to be at least injured.

    I've been rank 1 Nurse from lots of months now. From my experience, this is generally what you want to run:

    • Ruin
    • Any of the tracking perks
    • Any of the good perks (depending on the situation)
    • Anything you want, really.
    Post edited by NurseMainBTW on
  • AnomalousAnomalous Member Posts: 13

    Thanks for the advice :)

  • PoweasPoweas Member Posts: 5,873

    I am a rather relaxed Nurse so I just use Bitter murmur, Deerstalker, A Nurses calling and Shadowborn. No addons btw. It's a really good build.

  • TheWraith883TheWraith883 Member Posts: 66

    @Poweas said:
    I am a rather relaxed Nurse so I just use Bitter murmur, Deerstalker, A Nurses calling and Shadowborn. No addons btw. It's a really good build.

    @NurseMainBTW said:
    Hey, Nurse main here (Was that obvious?)

    You generally want to ALWAYS run ruin at rank 1, you can't live without it. The nurse is a rush down killer, so you must apply as much as pressure as possible using perks which can really turn the game into torture.

    Good tracking perks are:

    • Whispers: This is just great, works like a charm to know exactly what generator is being worked on, knowing exactly where to blink will not give survivors time to react. Does also counters 1 vs 1 shenanigan.
    • BBQ: Undoubtedly the best aura-reading perk in the game. If you have it, run it.
    • Shadowborn: Why does this excel so much on Nurse? Once you get used to it, you'll never want to go back. The augmentation of the FOV is just great, and it also helps to track survivor even in the fatigue status.
    • Monitor & Abuse: FOV augmentation AND reduced terror radius? They won't even see you coming. Your blinks while not in a chase are longer than your terror radius. An absolute monster as a perk on Nurse.

    Good pressure perks are:

    • A Nurse's calling: Undoubtedly one of the scariest perks survivors face. Good pressure, survivors will never stay close to a general place to heal meaning they will waste time getting as much distance as possible and THEN heal.
    • Sloppy Butcher: Works wonders with Nurse's calling, got a bit weaker since "No healing only gen" has entered as a viable strategy for survs. Good to slow down games.
    • Pop goes the weasel: Being the nurse one of the best killers to end chases quickly followed by hooks, PGTW can seriously hinder any gen-rush strategy.
    • Devour hope: High risk/high reward hex perk. As stated for PGTW, this works wonders if you get confident in your chasing ability.
    • Make your choice: The little daughter of DH. Again, exposed status applies tons of pressure. If you can always track the exposed survivor this makes it super duper great.
    • Franklin's Demise: Probably my favorite, it's just SO GOOD to slap items out of survivors. They will lose a lot of time to go back to search for their precious items. Highly recommended on matches with 3+ survs with items, excellent at countering instant-heals.

    Mediocre perks are:

    • Stridor: Unless you have good headphones, don't even bother. Hearing breaths better can sure come in handy but it won't always be reliable.
    • Deerstalker: Slugging can be viable on Nurse, but it's risky and usually doesn't work at high levels. Can be combined with Knock out for the "I can't see *@#?" build.
    • Rancor: Unless you have a real hate for DS users... I wouldn't really recommend this.
    • NOED: You are using one of the best killers for map pressure and chase, why would you want them to complete gens? Forget this unless you don't have anything to slow down the game... but you shouldn't run NOED in general since it's not going to make you better at all.
    • Overcharge: Unless the survivors are potatoes at getting skill checks, this won't work well.

    Bad perks are:

    • SFTS: Even when reworked, this doesn't work on a good percentage of the map. Bad/niche tracking perk.
    • Thanatophobia: Despise what it's written, the penalty is miserable and generally adds 2 to 5 seconds more to actions... and you need everyone to be at least injured.

    I've been rank 1 Nurse from lots of months now. From my experience, this is generally what you want to run:

    • Ruin
    • Any of the tracking perks
    • Any of the good perks (depending on the situation)
    • Anything you want, really.

    Why does everyone advise me to use Shadowborn? is it really a game-changing?

  • KhermaKherma Member Posts: 24
    edited January 2019
    When you run with shadowborn, you'll see the world around you much clearer in fatigue. There isn't those black edges on your monitor then.
    Post edited by Kherma on
  • NurseMainBTWNurseMainBTW Member Posts: 531

    On Nurse it's totally something else. On other killers you barely notice any difference since their powers are not affected by it. Nurse's blinks on SB change drastically as well as the fatigue status.

  • PoweasPoweas Member Posts: 5,873

    @TheWraith883 said:

    @Poweas said:
    I am a rather relaxed Nurse so I just use Bitter murmur, Deerstalker, A Nurses calling and Shadowborn. No addons btw. It's a really good build.

    @NurseMainBTW said:
    Hey, Nurse main here (Was that obvious?)

    You generally want to ALWAYS run ruin at rank 1, you can't live without it. The nurse is a rush down killer, so you must apply as much as pressure as possible using perks which can really turn the game into torture.

    Good tracking perks are:

    • Whispers: This is just great, works like a charm to know exactly what generator is being worked on, knowing exactly where to blink will not give survivors time to react. Does also counters 1 vs 1 shenanigan.
    • BBQ: Undoubtedly the best aura-reading perk in the game. If you have it, run it.
    • Shadowborn: Why does this excel so much on Nurse? Once you get used to it, you'll never want to go back. The augmentation of the FOV is just great, and it also helps to track survivor even in the fatigue status.
    • Monitor & Abuse: FOV augmentation AND reduced terror radius? They won't even see you coming. Your blinks while not in a chase are longer than your terror radius. An absolute monster as a perk on Nurse.

    Good pressure perks are:

    • A Nurse's calling: Undoubtedly one of the scariest perks survivors face. Good pressure, survivors will never stay close to a general place to heal meaning they will waste time getting as much distance as possible and THEN heal.
    • Sloppy Butcher: Works wonders with Nurse's calling, got a bit weaker since "No healing only gen" has entered as a viable strategy for survs. Good to slow down games.
    • Pop goes the weasel: Being the nurse one of the best killers to end chases quickly followed by hooks, PGTW can seriously hinder any gen-rush strategy.
    • Devour hope: High risk/high reward hex perk. As stated for PGTW, this works wonders if you get confident in your chasing ability.
    • Make your choice: The little daughter of DH. Again, exposed status applies tons of pressure. If you can always track the exposed survivor this makes it super duper great.
    • Franklin's Demise: Probably my favorite, it's just SO GOOD to slap items out of survivors. They will lose a lot of time to go back to search for their precious items. Highly recommended on matches with 3+ survs with items, excellent at countering instant-heals.

    Mediocre perks are:

    • Stridor: Unless you have good headphones, don't even bother. Hearing breaths better can sure come in handy but it won't always be reliable.
    • Deerstalker: Slugging can be viable on Nurse, but it's risky and usually doesn't work at high levels. Can be combined with Knock out for the "I can't see *@#?" build.
    • Rancor: Unless you have a real hate for DS users... I wouldn't really recommend this.
    • NOED: You are using one of the best killers for map pressure and chase, why would you want them to complete gens? Forget this unless you don't have anything to slow down the game... but you shouldn't run NOED in general since it's not going to make you better at all.
    • Overcharge: Unless the survivors are potatoes at getting skill checks, this won't work well.

    Bad perks are:

    • SFTS: Even when reworked, this doesn't work on a good percentage of the map. Bad/niche tracking perk.
    • Thanatophobia: Despise what it's written, the penalty is miserable and generally adds 2 to 5 seconds more to actions... and you need everyone to be at least injured.

    I've been rank 1 Nurse from lots of months now. From my experience, this is generally what you want to run:

    • Ruin
    • Any of the tracking perks
    • Any of the good perks (depending on the situation)
    • Anything you want, really.

    Why does everyone advise me to use Shadowborn? is it really a game-changing?

    It negates a ton of your fatigue.

  • BillyBoiMainBillyBoiMain Member Posts: 164
    edited January 2019
    Agitation, for it makes it easier to transport survivors to a hook, Shadowborn, because it helps you still be able to track survivors while fatigued, Barbecue And Chilli, because it helps finding survivors and Sloppy Butcher to prevent healing.That build has always worked for me on nurse so I would recommend it.
  • consoleburnursemainconsoleburnursemain Member Posts: 6

    BBQ, nurse, MYC, and ruin is my build for console.

    But ill swap out deerstalker, whispers, or shadowborn for ruin sometimes.

    if learning nurse, strider helps alot and its one of her teachables. Also bloodhound and bitter murmur are very helpful.

    range add ons are my favorite along with the slightly and moderately charge add ons. usually do one range and one charge

  • GscaGsca Member Posts: 1

    Guys in my opinion I'm All Ears is REALLY good on the nurse

  • copperslycoppersly Member Posts: 2,318

    Before the changes I used to run

    Tinkerer, BBQ, Discordance, and Surge.

    With this you could just patrol/chase like normal but always know when a gen was close to popping or being worked on by a team. You could get so many grabs off gens with Tinkerer and at the same time defend/kick them with Surge without having to actually kick gens. I got VERY used to not kicking gens with this build, and it worked very well.

    Now though? Pick a different killer.

  • WillWolf76WillWolf76 Member Posts: 19
    edited July 2020

    I am going to chime in here, all these builds are okay but they are intermediate builds. The advanced nurse build is for those who mastered the nurse.


    BBQ and Chili - See survivors 40m and beyond.

    Infectious fright - When you down someone, everyone in your terror radius screams

    Monitor and Abuse - Terror Radius +8m or -8 meters depending on whether you are in a chase or not

    A Nurse's Calling - See everyone healing within 28 meters of your location.


    Now let me explain why this build is the advanced nurse build and how powerful it is. Between Infectious Fright and BBQ and Chili, you will know the locations of all survivors. Your Terror Radius while in a chase goes from 32m to 40m. So anyone within 40m when you take a survivor down, screams. If they are within 32m, you should be leaving the downed person and taking down one of the screamers. The nurse is a slugger and her skill allows you to end chases FAST! If you know where someone is, that person should be down fast if you are skilled at your blinks (if you are not, there is no build that will help you).

    Monitor and Abuse helps 2 perks, Infectious Fright making it a 40m radius instead of 32m and A Nurse's Calling. Your Terror Radius while not in a chase is reduced to 24m giving you 4m where you can see them and they won't know you are coming. You can full charge a blink and blink (20m) putting you 4m - 8m of them before they know you are coming (or start walking toward them while charging to lower that number. While you are slugging, others will try to get up the person you downed. The moment they start healing, you see them and you blink back for the easy hit!

    Once the slugging starts, it doesn't end! It can start with 5 gens left or the exit gates powered. I have won a game when they 99ed the exit gates because of this! This strategy puts map pressure on the survivors because they can't do gen while you have them on the ground. One person on the ground while you chase another means a third has to get off gens to save the first. They makes it so only one is on gens at most. If you can't find anyone, hook the survivor and learn their locations!

    All other builds are about making it easier to down survivors. At the end of the day, you don't need these perks once you mastered your blinks, you need to keep downing survivors one after the other! This is how you do it!

    Also like to note that Shadowborn is a nice perk to have, but it is a crutch and using it will make you depend on it! I suggest not using it and learn to play her without it. You can still 4k with the nurse easily without ANY perks really, she is really the most powerful killer there is, but she is also the most difficult killer to master because of this. Shadowborn only lets you see a little better on the corners during fatigue, but you shouldn't really need this and waste a while perk slot when you have better options.

    As for addons, don't both with anything that reduces fatigue. Put the green and yellow addon that speeds up blink recharge. One blink and your fatigue and recharge will finish at the same time allowing for another blink FAST. With two blinks, it is just a second behind making taking people down faster, easier.

    Perks like RUIN are crutch perks because you are not using the nurse properly. If you need RUIN, you need to rethink how you are playing the nurse. RUIN is a HEX, it can be removed instantly in a game so why depend on a perk that is gone so fast when you are killer (but when you are survivor, you can never find). Surge is a nice Perk for intermediate players, but advanced players don't give survivors time on gens so it won't be as helpful. Whispers is really nice for finding that last survivor during end game, but you should rarely even see the end game as a nurse. You don't hook the third survivor if they hide in lockers, let them be bait while you search for the hatch yourself!

    I miss the days of 7 blinks, do you?

Sign In or Register to comment.