Home Dead by Daylight Forums Feedback Feedback and Suggestions

Your refusal to even attempt to balance SWF is pathetic.

2»

Comments

• DrDegenerateMDttvDrDegenerateMDttv Member Posts: 5

You cannot argue with data. After ruin nerf, data available showed the following:

At RED RANKS:

• 92% of all games get 5 gen'd (holy #########)
    • Killers average 1.7 kills.
    • Not even the best killers, spirit/nurse, average 2 kills.
    • Weaker killers (wraith, gunslinger) average 1.2-1.3 kills per game

That is not even filtering out red rank SWF's.

Data from a year ago would show more advantage to killers... the pendulum has swung, way too far.

Thus, based on the hard data above, the game is HEAVILY survivor favored at red ranks, BEFORE EVEN ACCOUNTING FOR SWF. If you account for SWF, the above stats would favor survivors EVEN FURTHER. So anyone who says red rank SWF is not imbalanced, and to "git gud" is completely disingenuous, uninformed, etc. They are likely a red rank SWF who enjoys dominating a game that heavily favors them. I can't say i haven't done that myself... I've absolutely abused the FOTM class/hero whatever in other pvp games... it feels good to hop on after a stressful day and WIN.

That said, I play both sides quite a bit, although I consider myself a killer main. I find that my personal enjoyment is I enjoy survivor better at red ranks, and I enjoy killer better at low purple (7-9). Once you get into 5-6 territory as killer, and start going against way more red ranks/premades, the game is not fun as a killer. I once had a game where all 5 gens were done in less than 4 minutes and someone was already waiting at the door and the door was done. I had one chase where a rank 1 with thousands of hours looped me pretty well and I made 1 mistake, they got 3 gens because of that mistake. Everytime I rotated to pressure gens, they already knew my pathing due to communication, nobody ever at a gen, no tracks, etc. Even with perfect play, there was no way to "win" (I consider winning getting 2 kills and getting +1 pip). Even getting a "draw" (2 kills and at +0 for pip) is an overwhelmingly difficult task against highly coordinated SWF. 1 mistake, it's over. You have to be in 3 places at once, and that's just not possible.

I stream this game, and I love it. So, what is my solution? If I go against a rank 1 SWF, I let them win in 2 minutes and de-pip. Typically those groups have 3 gens done after your first chase. You have 1 hook, they have 3 gens. I just let the game end at that point. I meme them, like chase them around as spirit and just try to get scares, or practice hatchets as huntress, or just dash from place to place as oni, find their best looper and just tunnel chase trying maximum risky mind games/new strats... you get the picture. I don't waste more than a few minutes in an unwinnable match, they don't get the pleasure of taunting me after a high effort futile attempt, I get to de-rank a bit and my next game is more fun. I give hatch and door to every potential 4 -kill which keeps me from ever double pipping up in games I play well, and I hang around rank 6-7 as killer and actually enjoy myself. When I'm tired of getting matched against red rank swf's who gen rush and use every single second chance perk possible in the game because of bad matchmaking even though I'm rank 6-7, then I go play red rank survivor myself and enjoy (if you can't beat 'em, join 'em).

This is a practical way to enjoy the current meta/balance, but that is merely out of necessity. it is not a good commentary on the state of the game, in fact it is a damning one.

TLDR: This game highly favors survivors at red ranks, even without SWF. With SWF, this game might be one of the most imbalanced PVP games I have ever played in my entire 30 years of gaming. That said, with the base mechanics of the game, it is still very fun if you keep yourself from ranking to red as a killer, or you enjoy the ease of red ranks as a survivor.

You have GOT to be kidding me. Communication is priceless in this game. You take skilled solo players, give them comms, they can pre-plan their perks, items etc. You're just lying through your teeth if you want to pretend that is not an advantage.

See my post above about statistics from red rank games. The game is heavily survivor-favored even without SWF. With SWF it is an abomination to PVP balance in general. That cannot be argued.

• NuKeDNuKeD Member Posts: 196
    edited July 2020

only a guy being destroyed by edgy SWFs could complain like this. remember you're the killer and if they play rough, you can play rough as well. there is no need to follow the survivor rulebook or fall for their baits. you're solo and you gotta do whatever it takes to win, even if that means playing "dirty".

No matter what the killer chooses to do/style of play, you cannot argue with the statistics. This game, in its current state, heavily heavily favors survivors at the highest ranks, and with SWF it is even more heavily favored than it already is. I have 30 years of PVP experience in ~100 games. This is one of the most imbalanced PVP meta's I've ever seen.

You cannot argue with data. After ruin nerf, data available showed the following:

At RED RANKS:

• 92% of all games get 5 gen'd (holy [BAD WORD])
    • Killers average 1.7 kills.
    • Not even the best killers, spirit/nurse, average 2 kills.
    • Weaker killers (wraith, gunslinger) average 1.2-1.3 kills per game

That is not even filtering out red rank SWF's.

• IhatetoxicsurvivorsIhatetoxicsurvivors Member Posts: 50

Which shouldn't give them the advantage right? But it does soooooo........

• GreentheNinjaGreentheNinja Member Posts: 71

I've said it once, and I'll say it again: You don't nerf SWF, you buff solos and killers. Buff solos by giving them more communication and information. Most SWF nerf ideas could ######### over randoms playing with them or a random group of friends just wanting to have fun.

• NekoGamerXNekoGamerX Member Posts: 4,666
    edited July 2020

funny tho if all killer quit survivors can't play so why would they buy anything?

yes that it a problem for them that they need to think about..

• PawcelotPawcelot Member Posts: 985

No, no. Then. As in, the future. For when the problems arrive.

no the future is closer then you think when the problems arrive it be to late they need to think about the killers just as much survivors for it to late..

• OniWantsYourMacaroniOniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,892

Where did you get these stats?I can't remember seeing those.