Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Why do you get a penalty for camping hook

2»

Comments

• BigTimeGamerBigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752

Looking at your post history, it’s clear you never play survivor and just want to bait people

Move along people, nothing more to see here

• CrowFoxyCrowFoxy Member Posts: 1,310

It's an extremely minimal penalty. Like, so low it basically doesn't matter and a camping killer probably doesn't care about emblem anymore.

• xenotimebongxenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

That’s not considered “camping” by the game though. If you chase someone near a hook you don’t get penalised because the devs rightly agree that it isn’t camping.

• SMitchell8SMitchell8 Member Posts: 2,526

Camping is a legitimate strategy albeit an annoying and risky one. Camping makes perfect sense if you spent about 5 minutes trying to down a survivor who is on 100% sensitivity and t bagging you at every pallet. Why why would you just walk off to let them get saved to start the process off again 🤣

Camping is good for the other 3 survivors as they can gen rush and get out 👌

• hillbillyclaudmain69hillbillyclaudmain69 Member Posts: 1,528

Wow. You really get upset over a character model crouching? Grow up.

• snozersnozer Member Posts: 776

Because instead of rewarding a killer for leaving, they listened to survivor cries and are punishing you instead.

• CashelP14CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,555

Well if your camping you shouldn't care about emblems since your already going to depip.

Also trying to use the argument survivors don't get punished for bringing 4 toolboxes and gen rushing perks is hilarious. The killer doesn't get punished for bringing a mori btw.

The reason is because the killers objective is to stop generators since that's the way survivors escape. Survivors don't get punished because their objective is to do gens.

• VeeramidVeeramid Member Posts: 113

They penalize hook camping because its extrodanairaly unfun for the survivor being camped. He/she has to spam the struggle button for 60 seconds and before that they have to sit on hook for 60 seconds.

• DBD78DBD78 Member Posts: 2,884

Yeah they say it's a valid strategy, and then punish you for it. But it's never going to be a game that favors killers, that is something everyone can agree on.

• VonCrowVonCrow Member Posts: 378

I guess its fine that you punish camping...

Until camping means "being around the hooked survivor" 2 seconds after you hooked him (and having 2 bold dwights running behind you to just use borrowed time in your face).

• HalunHalun Member Posts: 177

Personally I don't camp (always feel too bad even trying, plus it's beyond boring) but c'mon lol...

Killers need sacrifice to pip and rank up too.

• mydogmax19mydogmax19 Member Posts: 266

The real question is why are you camping? Sorry to say this: get good.

• ZeidoktorZeidoktor Member Posts: 1,397

Acknowledging it's a valid strategy isn't the same thing as condoning that strategy.

• NekoGamerXNekoGamerX Member Posts: 4,711

camping it is a strategy but punish just like genrushing punishing to survivors both are strategy but bad strategy if you want lot of BP.

• HalunHalun Member Posts: 177

I don't think you pip if you unhook one person either, right?

My entire point is that its kind of a silly argument. Pips are stupid, and there are a lot better reasons to not camp.

• vectorvector Member Posts: 227

what penalty? did i miss something?

also what is killer suppose to do if there are 3 survs at full health gates are open and only one is on hook?

• RoMainPuppyRoMainPuppy Member Posts: 507

Your objective(s), aka plural, are to stop the survivors from doing gens, chasing them, preventing them from powering the gates, and killing them. Your main objective is pressure. If you're just staring one survivor in the face until they're dead you're not doing your objective at all. The rest'll just gen rush you and teabag at the gates, and then you wonder why you only got a 1k. SMH.

• vectorvector Member Posts: 227

ok, what if nobody does the gens ( they are at 0 progress ) or 2 of 4 survs are dead? I bet most of camping complains comes after such situations.

How will you explain this situiation? killer knows that nobody does the gens should he pretend he does not understnad what is going on and where survs is heading?

• KellieKellie Member Posts: 1,328

What does that have to do with what he's talking about?

• ToybasherToybasher Member Posts: 911
    edited July 2020

The devs should consider not applying the penalty if it's after all generators are done, especially if the EGC has already begun (Meaning at least one gate is open).

During EGC/0 gens left the kiiller has no real options other than camp if he wants to get kills.

I know there's no penalty if survivors are nearby, but the killer has no real way to tell during Endgame and if he leaves the hook it is very likely the survivor will be unhooked, possibly next to an open exit gate with BT and DS up. Like even literal facecamping is IMHO justified at that point (Not because of anger at the survivors, but because of strategic reasons.) and it seems dumb to penalize the killer for it.

The only time I feel like I can leave a hook during endgame is if I'm running a full endgame build with NOED, Remember Me, Blood Warden, etc.

Like, I get it. Being camped sucks. Killers pretty much having to camp during endgame sucks. It's stupid you get penalized during endgame when camping becomes the best strategy at that point.

• KharKhar Member Posts: 640

To encourage the killer to do something self. It doesn't affect much, since punishing a killer more severely for camping would be unnecessary.

• NekoGamerXNekoGamerX Member Posts: 4,711
  • RoMainPuppyRoMainPuppy Member Posts: 507

If nobody's doing gens then why do you need to camp in the first place? Also if 2 survs are dead why are you camping the hook instead of trying to find the last guy??? Also why did you hook instead of slug?