Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions
We will shortly be deploying a hotfix to the PTB to potentially address the Save Game Errors that some players were facing. Please update your PTB build when the update is available and let us know of any issues. Thank you.

They nerfed the wrong aspect of Billy

SnowbawlzzzSnowbawlzzz Member Posts: 1,121
edited July 2020 in General Discussions

When I heard that Billy was receiving an overheat mechanic, I thought "Oh, so he won't be able to charge back to every unhook all the time? Good, less toxicity and proxy camping". What we got instead were nerfs to skillbilly (feathering, twitching etc) while his ability to charge back to the hook in 2 seconds and tunnel the victim down was unchanged. They left in the mechanics that enabled toxic de-pipper Hillbilly and took away the snowball potential of a good Hillbilly.

The overheat mechanic needs to be reworked so that Billy barely, if at all, gathers overheat while feathering, and instead builds up heat with distance.

Comments

• Raven014Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

Yeah, nerf the mindgames and skillful parts (double engravings + Thompson mix & Spiked Boots), but make the braindead parts stay (rev right behind a survivor, which is really stupid.

• ManyAchievablesManyAchievables Member Posts: 651

Speaking of Double Engravings Addons, is it even a viable combo now? The longer charge time would give you so much overheat before the sprint.

• Raven014Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

Nope, it really isn't. Although I would need to test it myself (if those addons even exist as they used to)...

• MadLordJackMadLordJack Member Posts: 8,815

That is exactly what I thought, too. He can even continue a chainsaw charge after the damn thing overheats... What?

• TodgeweihtTodgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666

They got nerfed by the way. Together they used to give you 30% extra movement speed but now its just 10%. Hope they reconsider that before the PTB hits live servers.

• ManyAchievablesManyAchievables Member Posts: 651

So not only do they make your overheat more of a detriment, now they only make you ever so slightly faster.

Wow.

• DaKnightDaKnight Member Posts: 720

I am all for his nerf. Back in the day you literally only went against 2 killers at high ranks, billy and nurse. He was really good but the maps were strong enough to support good levels of counterplay against him. Now? Only some are.

He also has a whole host of new perks like IF, Spirit Fury, Bamboozle, etc to make looping him extremely difficult and letting him snowball hard. Stealth isn't much of an option against him when he can be on top of your generator within 2-3 seconds and already knows you are there with perks like whispers.

The tiles are spaced out much more and the pallets are more unsafe, and against a good curve billy you are going to be chucking pallets pretty fast; running out of resources too quickly against a killer who also has super high mobility and snowball potential.

Some maps like Badham I still feel like he is fine, but then you get maps like Swamp where your generator can have 1 dumpy pallet nearby and that's all you have to work with; easily letting you get zoned with a chainsaw into an instant down.