We are aware of an issue where the Trapper's Ornate Mask is not appearing in your items - there is no need to contact Support for this matter, we will hopefully have a resolution to this shortly.
Due to unforeseen circumstances, the Withering Blight event is postponed until the release of the mid-chapter 3.3.0. We're working on getting the update ready as soon as possible and will keep you posted.
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

BABY KILLER tips

killapookillapoo Member Posts: 5
edited June 2018 in Guides

this is an area where all babies should feel safe, all killers should feel safe in the fog, not getting bullied all the time by survivors who scream at you "EZ BABY KILLER GG" or "UR TRASH UNINSTALL BABY". so this is a discussion for simple tips and tricks that killers need

Comments

• killapookillapoo Member Posts: 5

Tip - if the survivor is good don't keep going back and fourth around one pallet just chase it until you get the pallet thrown down, other wise you waist a lot of time.

• weirdkid5weirdkid5 Member Posts: 1,906

Tip - It is ok to camp troublesome Survivors, or if you hook someone near an open exit gate.

• MinusTheBillieMinusTheBillie Member Posts: 346
    New Chapter - The Cradle

Baby Killer for the win! 
  • DoccyDoccy Member Posts: 102

Tip: There's no wrong way to play DbD, bar using exploits or trying to hold games hostage. Play it how you want to play, and win with what methods you want to use. Don't feel obligated to not do something or do something specific just because Survivors don't like you doing that or like you doing that.

• ceridwen309ceridwen309 Member Posts: 489

@MinusTheBillie said:
    New Chapter - The Cradle

Baby Killer for the win! 

Clocktower: the first fear styled killer baby?

Baby killer tips:

"Survivors have a tendency to start their match farthest from you, and to the left or right of that point. Start checking gens/rocks in those areas."

"When you manage to injure a survivor, yet happen to lose them....Keep an eye out for the (Bleeding) notification on the left of the screen. This generally indicates a survivor is nearby. Confirm with survivor sounds, blood pools, and scratch marks."

"Some survivors will attempt to trick you by (360'ing/180'ing). This is usually when a survivor turns left in a chase, but instead went right, and ended up behind you.

There are a few methods to handle such a maneuver.

1. remain calm, take a step back periodically when you think the survivor is going to "dodge". This should place the survivor directly in front of you to the left or right, giving you a clear shot.

2. remain calm, and anticipate the player's movements. Most human players have a finite way of playing behaviors that they have fallen into using as a habit. Observe, learn, and then take them down.

3. remain calm, and play sporadically and randomly. In a chase...suddenly slash for no reason. Then, when they dodge, guess which way they are turning and pre slash that way right as they turn. If it fails....try again. The goal is to shake up their style, by getting them to overthink things and second guess your movements."

• PlippyPlippy Member Posts: 187

I would say a good tip is try to stay a happy positive killer while you practice.

Starting off in this game can be harsh and you do need to take your lumps a few times before you start to click and get your rhythm down especially if you run into survivors that you kinda suspect have fudged their rank to mess with new killers or are very unkind in the post game chat.

It can be very demoralising, aye, but one day it'll click and you'll be standing in a river of blood and bellowing a primal scream next to a pile of victims and it'll feel really rewarding!

• Rex_HuinRex_Huin Member Posts: 793

By holding down the attack button you can LUNGE!

When I got the game I didn't realise this until I had got all the way to rank 10....

• DrVonKrummDrVonKrumm Member Posts: 45

I’m relatively new to the game myself, I bought it about two months ago, and I suppose my advice would be to make sure that you give every killer a try at least once to find out what play style suits you best.

When I first started playing I was reading all the killers powers before choosing who to play. On paper some killers sound better than others and with them all having a difficulty rating from easy to hard it can really skew your impressions before you play. I really didn’t think I’d get on with The Shape but played a game with him nevertheless and he’s become one of my favourite killers to play.

Also just aim to have fun, if you have a bad game just brush it off and move on, if you have a few bad games in a row, take a break. If I ever find myself getting frustrated or complaining about other players tactics then I’ll go and make a cup of tea/coffee just to let it all pass. Gaming while frustrated is a recipe for disaster lol.

• KazerikhKazerikh Member Posts: 4

@DrVonKrumm said:

Also just aim to have fun, if you have a bad game just brush it off and move on, if you have a few bad games in a row, take a break. If I ever find myself getting frustrated or complaining about other players tactics then I’ll go and make a cup of tea/coffee just to let it all pass. Gaming while frustrated is a recipe for disaster lol.

So damn true. Thank you

• Bless this thread.

• WaharaWahara Member Posts: 202
    edited December 2018

Tip 1: Remember that you can gain bloodlust and use it to your advantage on the small pallet loops. If a survivor is looping you around it, or going back and forth refusing to drop it, remember that they can't keep that up forever before bloodlust kicks and you smack them before they reach it.

Don't do this until late game though, preferably with at least one or two people dead because it will waste too much time if you do it at every one.

Tip 2: Pay attention to whether the survivor is looking behind them. If they aren't, you can easily cut them off if you know which direction they're going because they're going to assume you're right behind them.

Tip 3: 360's and other jukes are harder to deal with on console, and while it won't always work, the best way to handle it is back up, aim your camera slightly to the ground so you can follow which direction their feet are going, and wait for the right moment to tap (not lunge)

Tip 4: Try and shoot for a three gen trifecta whenever possible. Don't be afraid to sacrifice a generator or two if it means the remaining one's are close together and easy to defend.

The most important tip: Don't take your losses personally. Even the best killers will every now and then be 4 manned with ease. If a team crushes you, it isn't necessarily an indication that you were bad, but just that they were really good. Some days you will play great and others you'll play like trash. You don't need to win every game to be "good"

• TheluckyboiTheluckyboi Member Posts: 1,114

Tip: it is completely okay to disconnect if you find out the survivors are SWF

• TheShocktorTheShocktor Member Posts: 30

If you see a survivor who doesnt think they've been spotted pretend not to notice them and walk by before you quickly turn and smack them. Also remember to hide your red stain around jungle gym loops and other walls to confuse the survivor so they don't know which direction you're coming from. Just simply walk backwards until you reach them then turn and hit them. Works wonders when they wait at pallets

• PeasantPeasant Member Posts: 3,715

When playing as the Huntress, aim slightly higher than you normally wood to throw hatchets over loop hitboxes and hit survivors.