Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Do you think hatches should be removed?

Comments

• Valor188917Valor188917 Member Posts: 649

A key should just not trigger EGC and complete all gens if being used while gens are still to be done, that would be enough of a nerf.

• HalunHalun Member Posts: 177

It 100% is competitive lol.

But still, no. If changes need to be made to balance hatches, so be it. But they don't need to be removed entirely...

• Customapple0Customapple0 Member Posts: 629

it’s a fair mechanic. Besides, you can just slug if you really want 4 kills.

• CrusaderNellaCrusaderNella Member Posts: 171

I think the hatch is fine but keys are the real issue.

• Demonl3yDemonl3y Member Posts: 1,416

How is it braindead ? You still have to do the exact same think, you just need to hook them 2 times less but besides that you still have to chase, down and hook them. Nothing different. So how is it braindead?

But i would agree if hatch, moris and keys get removed.

The people who react to tbags are babyish but the ones who tbag arent? Oh boi

• ГолубойГолубой Member Posts: 126

Did I even make a comment on people who tbag? No. Stop putting words in people's mouth. That's a bad habit.

It really isn't. There are only a small portion of the playerbase that takes it competitively.

,, Just like people who get triggered by people who teabag"

Yea i put words in peoples mouth.

Maybe read your own comments before posting?

Okay, got it. Your reading comprehension just sucks. I only talked about the people who get triggered by "ez" and getting teabagged. Nowhere in that post did I make a comment on the people who teabag.

Oh boi go reread every of my responds to you.

I guess i just stop talking to you.

• sulaimansulaiman Member Posts: 2,669

First of, i had a game as killer yesterday where i got a 4k, and survivors still gave me an "ez". It has nothing to do with the result, they just want to use it as an insult.

As killer, i dont care about the hatch. i hook people as i get them, and i never slug for a 4k. I just hook the 3rd survivor and race the 4th for the hatch. if he knows where it is and i dont, good for him. In most cases i get there first. But a 3k is a win for me just like a 4k, so i dont really care.

As a survivor, the hatch is what keeps me from suiciding/dcing in a lot of games. I play solo most of the time, and there are dcs and hook suicides for no reason a lot, as well as the tunnelcamping mori-killer. In all those cases, the survivors are at a serious disadvantage. But i know even if we mess up, one might still get the hatch. It whats keep me playing the match in those situations, otherwise you could just throw the game and go on to the next.

And sometimes it works out for all survivors, because we get the gens done and escape, sometimes i am the last one (because i am stealthy ^^, ), and sometimes, though rarly, you have a survivor who left you on the hook and hatchcampes while you just got found because you were doing the generater and he wasn´t.

Keys change the game a little, because if someone is already dead, i try to find the hatch AND the other survivors and try to escape with them all (sometimes we just finish the gens despite the key), and the dynamics different, because you have to find the rest, so you expose yourself, while still try to hide from the killer. Sometimes it works out, sometime it doesn´t.

• MadLordJackMadLordJack Member Posts: 8,815

I know you're being sarcastic, but yes. Douchebags are the ones that abuse the strongest things for the easiest time.

• batax90batax90 Member Posts: 879

the number of time i black pip because the last survivor escape with the hatch is stupid. if i had that single hook i would have pip but because the survivor camp the hatch i lost i know im not the only one those thing happen so when you say theres no harm with the last survivor finding the hatch i cant agree with you

Honestly, if you depip that frequently because of hatch...view it as a good thing. It gives you an opportunity to drop a bit in MMR so that you can learn to have greater map presence so that this doesn't happen. Lower MMR players will get gens done in a much more delayed fashion, so you'll have more time to think and react.

• WheresTheGateWheresTheGate Member Posts: 575

I would be for removing the hatch as long as there are changes made to the way gates are placed and/or operate. Exit gates are often close enough together that not only can a killer get between them in an extremely short amount of time, but they can many times stand between the gates and see both of them. Take a match I was in yesterday for example: 2 survivors left and we needed to get a gate open. They are extremely close together. Huntress standing between the 2. Considering opening the gate requires you to not be able to move for several seconds there was no way to open either gate. We tried running up and tapping the gates and backing off. Just didn't have time.

I'd be all for a system that does one of a few things:

• Make a minimum distance between gates that at least makes it a challenge for a killer to prevent you from opening a gate.
    • Ensure when you have a killer like a huntress they can't stand between the two gates and just pick off anyone trying to open either gate with a hatchet
    • Have the mechanism that opens the gate not be right there with the gate. Even add skill checks to it
    • Make the process for opening a gate be something that doesn't require you to stand still for several seconds

Again. I'm not saying anything should be implemented that prevents a killer from being able to pressure both gates. I'm saying as things are now there are often times where zero effort is required to pressure both gates. If they can implement something that changes that I'm all for removing the hatch. Until then sometimes the hatch is the only real opportunity you have to escape due to gate placement.

Just for the record I also think there are still times that gates are too far apart for the killer to be able to apply adequate pressure. That doesn't happen as often as the ones where they are extremely close together, but both should change in my opinion.

• RedditUser69RedditUser69 Member Posts: 193

I'm fine with the hatch existing but a few things should be changed.

1. No keys.

2. Less points.

3. Points for killer on hatch escapes.

Reasoning is as follows:

1. Super unfun to get totally screwed by a 3 or 2 man hatch escape and you have 0 counterplay to it.

2. It's mind boggling that you get more points for the easier way out. You should get less points for a hatch escape.

3. A lot of the time when a survivor uses the hatch it's a last ditch attempt at escaping. The killer put you in this desperate position and you took the easy way out. I believe the killer outplayed you if you end up taking the hatch and should be rewarded for it. Not as much as a hook/sacrifice, but something decent. (Also might end with more killers giving the hatch to people.)

• IvaldiIvaldi Member Posts: 977

Absolutely not.. because there are certain RNG situations where its basically impossible to escape as the last survivor alive. If doors spawn right next to eachother, if the killer plays trapper, ect.

• HoodiedHoodied Member Posts: 12,894
  • Dead_by_GadflyDead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,774

Hatch being there for the last survivor is fine, good in fact, but keys need to be reviewed, they suck

• RelentlessShadows009RelentlessShadows009 Member Posts: 192

I feel it should be restricted to the last living survivor still in the trial.

• supersonic853supersonic853 Member Posts: 4,383

This still happens though if survivors have a gen or 2 and its the last 2 they'll play hide and seek i was stuck in a game for 40 minutes against 2 blendettes.

• SnapshotSnapshot Member Posts: 893

Simple solution: Finally fix the idle crows survivors get. Just make it so when they do not do objectives in a fixed amount of time (e.g. 3 minutes) they get crows so killer can find them. They should not be able to lose the crows just by walking or running.

• CrowFoxyCrowFoxy Member Posts: 1,310

Mori on death hook would make it useless.

I also don't believe in nerfing/removing keys. I just simply believe hatch shouldn't spawn until all gens are done for 2+ survivors honestly.

• Ghouled_MojoGhouled_Mojo Member Posts: 1,862

Give two hatch option. One is freedom and the other is death. The guy who said this was thinking.

if only one hatch, it should allow only one survivor and then EGC begins.