• OrionQc24OrionQc24 Member Posts: 283
    edited September 2018

@Orion said:

@OrionQc24 said:

@Orion said:

@OrionQc24 said:

@Orion said:

@OrionQc24 said:
    Thing is...it doesn't aways work...sometimes you can see and feel he just want one kill...

Good, it means 3 Survivors get out for free. Easy win.

Same response. If you like being turned into dry meat everytime it's good for you but I'd rather play.

Escape, then you can queue up again. The Killer is another player; he's not a bot for your amusement.

This doesn't even make sense to the context...are you being obtus on purpose ?

Sure it does. The current game is boring, but you get a free win. You take that free win and get into another game. Hopefully, that one will be more amusing. What you don't get is to dictate how another person plays the game, if they're not cheating or exploiting.

Honey that's what were trying to change. You realize slavery wasn't always illegal right ? Same applies here.

• OrionOrion Member Posts: 21,675

@OrionQc24 said:

@Orion said:

@OrionQc24 said:

@Orion said:

@OrionQc24 said:

@Orion said:

@OrionQc24 said:
    Thing is...it doesn't aways work...sometimes you can see and feel he just want one kill...

Good, it means 3 Survivors get out for free. Easy win.

Same response. If you like being turned into dry meat everytime it's good for you but I'd rather play.

Escape, then you can queue up again. The Killer is another player; he's not a bot for your amusement.

This doesn't even make sense to the context...are you being obtus on purpose ?

Sure it does. The current game is boring, but you get a free win. You take that free win and get into another game. Hopefully, that one will be more amusing. What you don't get is to dictate how another person plays the game, if they're not cheating or exploiting.

Honey that's what were trying to change. You realize slavery wasn't always illegal right ?

I know what you're doing, and it's trying to give Survivors free unhooks by punishing Killers for defending the hook. If you don't like camping, then stop rewarding it. The problem will sort itself out.

• George_SorosGeorge_Soros Member Posts: 2,270
    @ForsakenM look, I appreciate the the effort that you put in your post and replies, but I still strongly disagree. Camping is NOT an abuse. You can put any number of limits and incentives, all aimed toward preventing camping, but nothing will completely eradicate it. The most basic tool of players is movement. By overregulating where they can and cannot go, you'll be limiting them to such extent that nobody is going to want to play killer.
    Killers will always want to go where survivors are. If it's a hooked survivor, they'll go there, and stay there as long as they suspect someone is there.
    Don't get me wrong, I used to be furious too when I got facecamped the first few times. I know where you're coming from. It sucks. But you see, I'm pretty convinced that the wish to crack down on camping even harder comes from this frustration. And it would make the game worse.
  • Wolf74Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

@OrionQc24 said:

You would lover to meet my Wraith.^^
    I got a real saltmine build for tunneling and camping.
    I joke about it as "the Devs perfectly balanced killer build".
    Just tunnel and camp the first victim and use Noed to get the 2nd and camp that guy again. XD
    Don't forget to say "gg" after the match and just let them freak out in chat.^^

• George_SorosGeorge_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

@Wolf74 said:

@OrionQc24 said:

You would lover to meet my Wraith.^^
    I got a real saltmine build for tunneling and camping.
    I joke about it as "the Devs perfectly balanced killer build".
    Just tunnel and camp the first victim and use Noed to get the 2nd and camp that guy again. XD
    Don't forget to say "gg" after the match and just let them freak out in chat.^^

See, that's the thing. Don't freak out if it happens to you. It's actually funny (almost as funny as hiding behind exit gates as Nurse's, with a NOED+Insidious troll build).

People say it's "imbalance", "abusing game mechanics", "taking the game hostage", "crutch perks" and things like that they argue against. They're just saying that though. It's LOSING what really makes people lose their [BAD WORD], so they try to find any excuse to claim that the game is somehow unfair.

• aproposapropos Member Posts: 245

@OrionQc24 said:

@Orion said:

Honey that's what were trying to change. You realize slavery wasn't always illegal right ? Same applies here.

You're implying that... being camped while hooked is similar to being enslaved? Even if the killer runs away, and you're not being camped and the other survivors don't save you, the probability of unhooking yourself is so low that the other survivors would actually be the one's who are enslaving you because they are the only ones that can free you. lawl.

But in all seriousness, slavery is a violation of a human's rights, the right of an individual to make their own decisions; everyone is allowed to screw up all by themselves. You're entitled to that same freedom at the beginning of the trial, you get to choose how you survive. What you're not entitled to as a survivor is to be unhooked... just because you were hooked. When you are hooked, you should consider the game to be mostly over for you, as from this point on, your success depends solely on the actions of others. You lost your independence, it wasn't really taken from you because you foresaw the potential costs of your actions. If you didn't see those costs ahead of time, now you will.

Generally, it's a good idea to accept one's mistakes and move on to try again. But no, that's simply not good enough; the people who embrace this tired argument expect to receive an optimal experience at all times. That's an unrealistic expectation, because you can't expect yourself to perform perfectly all of the time. But, maybe you understand that, so instead you place the responsibility of receiving an optimal experience on the person playing the killer, or the developers, rather than the survivor who is getting themselves hooked.

Ah-ha! All these survivors have to do is learn some accountability, i.e. git gud.

• Kalec84Kalec84 Member Posts: 487

Good idea! I just needed an excuse to slug everyone before hooking :)

• stvnhthrstvnhthr Member Posts: 624

We get it. Camping is here to stay. It is only used by weak players who haven't developed real skills yet as a killer. Eventually these players will fall to the lower ranks and be beat the vast majority of the time by nimble survivors. But I still think the developers could modify the game to discourage camping or to give the survivors a fair alternative to just er..,"hanging around." I suggest the hooked victim be given the ability to use their hand signals to point or wave. I think a great addition would be if the victim can hold up one fist over their head in the universal "stop or hold fast" gesture. They could then signal to other players now is not the right time to come and unhook them. I would also love it if when the fist is up the victim could not be unhooked. The only thing worse than being left on a hook is being farmed where you are saved and back on the hook in three seconds.

• AjaxGuntersonAjaxGunterson Member Posts: 40

The ultimate counter to camping is to just pound away at generators and let yourself stay on the hook for as long as possible.