Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

New update is not what anyone wanted.

2»

Comments

• Terr0rwristTerr0rwrist Member Posts: 67

Auras are bad. Billy screaming is funny.

• CaulDrohnCaulDrohn Member Posts: 847

Hillbilly was fine for me yesterday. I didn't overheat it once, and it didn't restrict me in any way. But I'm only a mediocre Billy and likely didn't use the chainsaw as much as possible. But still, I think it's a good thing that you actually have to think were to best use your chainsaw instead of "spamming" it. I also played with new tinkerer, that felt really strong, I nearly always dropped a chase and sprinted to the respective gen, and surprised survivors more than once.

Leatherface took some games to get used to his change. My first game was on Lerrys, myriads of windows and me not familiar with the changes, I dc'ed that after a few minutes bc I felt totally powerless there against the good loopers. The second game was also not so great, but at least i got some use out of the chainsaw. For the third I switched addons (from speed addon to duration/chilli), that felt really good and I was getting the hang of the chainsaw. Game four and five were euqally successful. The teams I encountered on first and second game were likely more skillful, though. But overall, it's a really good change, imo. I also equipped new tinkerer, and even though bubba has only basic speed, i was able to stop the gen from popping many times.

The auras are really bad currently, I agree there. Esp. Survivor auras from BBQ were so difficult to recognize, just some scheme you could easily miss. But they had their reasons for that change and I expect that they tweak the auras in a timely fashion again.

"This whole update just needs to be thrown out and reworked."

Not at all, sir! The Billy and Bubba basekit changes are perfectly fine, the addons are mostly underwhelming (but thats sadly a current trend), the perk changes are great, the auras are strange and will hopefully be tweaked soon, and we had some important bug fixes (Oni power not usable, Survivors not making sounds (at least claimed, can't confirm that)). I think this Mid-Chapter patch is far better than the last silent hill chapter patch, THAT one broke so many things!

• OwlzeyOwlzey Member Posts: 442

Not true. I love his roar and his chase/lobby music is great. The overheat mechanic is barely even noticeable. A few of his addons still suck but silent Billy is fun.

The Bubba change was desperately needed and I'm glad he's much more of a threat now.

I will agree that the new auras are awful tho. Hopefully it's fixed soon.

• FearlessHunterFearlessHunter Member Posts: 508
    edited July 2020

I mean I'm pretty sure the devs themselves said a few months ago that Billy was a 'prime example of a balanced killer' but whatever I guess

• FlatskullFlatskull Member Posts: 332

After this update I reinstalled. Played two matches.

Then uninstalled because even on PC between the auras and the weird FPS my eyes couldn't take it. I don't typically get head games from either weird or wonky visuals in game. I've played VR without getting mindgrain as quickly as most but something about the way it is on DBD was legit making my eyes hurt and head feel weird.

• hillbillyclaudmain69hillbillyclaudmain69 Member Posts: 1,528

Why are people mad about the cool down? It is not a major thing. His add ons needed changes, and his base kit was fine, however, the overheat mechanic doesn't really do anything. The only thing I want reverted is the chase music and the scream. Now those are what should never have happened.

• DebAsteRDebAsteR Member Posts: 13
    edited July 2020

Yea, The AURA'S! The Game isn't that much optimized for Low end PC! Such as mine. I play dbd at 0% resolution scale to get 60fps. But After the update I can't see Aura's of my totems, even not the BBQ aura. So I decided to increase the resolution scale up to 80% but my fps drops to 30-40 fps. & guess what, I can see Aura's a little better at this scale. Besides, You can't even grab or quick hit somebody in this FPS. Still I managed to get 3k. So my point is this, We who are playing at low resolution scale we're having a very hard time to see the Aura's. I hope they patch this soon enough!

• Stuballs89Stuballs89 Member Posts: 89

That is a completely different meaning of cause. Just saying. Because and cause are different.