Home Discussions General Discussions
The 4.6.0 PTB is now available on Steam. For full details, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/231267

Ban Killers That AFK/SLUG/FARM

1800GENMEND1800GENMEND Member Posts: 8
edited July 2020 in General Discussions

Survivors should not be forced to participate in a match where the killer refuses to play the game.

Since survivors cannot disconnect from the game without consequences when a killer decides not to play the game but rather farms points without the intent of killing or slug survivors repeatedly without the intent of killing them, or AFK with the purpose of de-ranking, they should be able to discourage this type of behavior by making it bannable.

Post edited by 1800GENMEND on

Comments

• IIITweedleIIIIIITweedleIII Member Posts: 794

What's that got to do with Farming?

• PigMainClaudettePigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

What defines a "Farming" killer? People could see me as a farmer, since I like slow, long, drawn out games and occasionally tactically slug. Especially if someone's recently been unhooked because I like to give them a chance to prove their worth. It also works fantastically against the general DS use. Just saying.

AFK is already bannable, and depending on the slugging then it's usually not THAT bad.

• HoodiedHoodied Member Posts: 10,926

Ban killers for using a strategy, yeah okay buddy

• FrekiFreki Member Posts: 1,772
    edited July 2020

you know what? survivors can get out of a match without penalty by dying on hook intentionally (within game parameters so not punishable) but killers have no way to give up and take their few points with them. so what you are saying is idiotic and silly. I'm sorry you're upset but you know what? when you end up punishing someone for things others can do people will stop playing. atleast the dc penalties were applied if ANYTHING disconnects them (since the automatic system can't really do more and be discerning).

• zoozoom6zoozoom6 Member Posts: 814

DS and current hatch mechanics make slugging mandatory to win at higher levels also slugging does kill survivors my dude. define farming

• KellieKellie Member Posts: 1,066

By farming I think they mean by not participating in normal gameplay, and teaming up with survivors to a lot of points.

• mistar_zmistar_z Member Posts: 609

slu-

I'm-

have you try to not bring ds and unbreakble?

• TricksTricks Member Posts: 872
    edited July 2020

Ban people for banning bans that'll solve everything.

Ban!

Edit - Fun is also banned.

• GoodBoyKaruGoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 6,651

short answer: no.

long answer: no x2.

if slugging was bannable then why does unbreakable exist?

farming is acceptible provided the game isnt being held hostage.

afking is reportable so report them 6head

• Ghouled_MojoGhouled_Mojo Member Posts: 776

A ‘farming’ killer. You mean like the cannibal’s sweet sweet gliding motion with his chainsaw, reaping like a scythe through grain? He’s a hell of a farmer. Love that big shy bastard.

• PigMainClaudettePigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

Well, yeah, but the point is that if we start using vague descriptions like I've provided, then it's an expanding spiral of bad definitions.

Some people would actually consider me a farmer because I let survivors live for more than the 20 seconds it takes for me to chase them, and if farming was bannable, then I'd be in a precarious position.

• MonsterInMyMindMonsterInMyMind Member Posts: 1,848

Farming is the choice of those inside the game so no that's dumb to ban someone for that.

Slugging is a game mechanic run unbreakable or soul guard if its such a issue for you.

AFKING is already bannable you can report them in the end game screen and on the support website which can be found here https://support.deadbydaylight.com/hc/en-us