Home Discussions General Discussions
Due to an issue with Hit Validation affecting interactions with Oni players, we are temporarily disabling the feature until the next hotfix.

New Auras are fine

Comments

• MrLimonkaMrLimonka Member Posts: 521

Go on ormond. Try to see any auras there. Good luck

• zeroskillzeroskill Member Posts: 15

They are fine indeed. Now maybe bad killers can stop relying on a easy mode perk to find every one cause their to lazy to actually do it themselves.

• C3ToothC3Tooth Member Posts: 1,225
    edited July 29

So now Killers have to find Gen themselves to patrol because those are hard to see? Fair enough.

Color blind Killer players need to gid gud at finding Gen and stop being lazy

• tikapuuvuohitikapuuvuohi Member Posts: 10

They need to change it. It's horrible for both killers and survivors.

• Iudex_NemesisIudex_Nemesis Member Posts: 114

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

• IronIron Member Posts: 234

As a colorblind person I'm already trying harder to find people. Blood is non-existent except indoors, scratch marks are abysmal at best, don't murder my auras

• ZeusZeus Member Posts: 1,299

This makes no sense. Easy mode perk? Running too much object of obsession are we?

• knee_ahknee_ah Member Posts: 56

I like the older ones better, I didn't play killer yet but considering how dark and hard it is to see on some maps it is definitely awful.

• LadyRahlLadyRahl Member Posts: 15

New auras are fine.... if your within like 10 feet of a hook or a survivor. They look really cool but any further than that and you are just looking for the barest sliver of red or yellow.

Unless you high resolution on PC you're basically screwed.

I'm legit praying they change it back or at the minimum find a way to make auras pop again. Changing them was a good idea as a concept but its not working for me in practice at all.

• mentalpopcornmentalpopcorn Member Posts: 181

"I only play half of the game but here's my opinion on a game changing mechanic"

I don't get it. If you play only survivor or only killer you just don't know enough about the game to comment on changes that effect BOTH of them. Make comments on survivor changes but to not play killer and make a comment on a change that heavily effects them is just ignorant. It's no worse than people who only play killer and call DS broken.

• DrDeepwoundDrDeepwound Member Posts: 1,307

"Everything looks fine as survivor guys, nothing wrong here"

• Captain_SpauldingCaptain_Spaulding Member Posts: 587

High end resolution and rather high end PC user here. Still colour blind. Still can't see auras. Just because my pc is good doesn't mean my eyesight gets any more clear. Just because the resolution is good, doesn't make colours I couldn't see before magically make them appear.

• SuivSuiv Member Posts: 35

Try playing both sides then form a opinion. If you do play both sides then you are in the minority. Auras are useless for killer unless you are right up on the person.

• xenofon13xenofon13 Member Posts: 1,080

What? Okay.

• kaikurakaikura Member Posts: 10

Mount ormond resort as trapper, couldn't see my traps or the hooks, had to guess, some survivors wiggled off....... Hard mode? 😢

• EpicTransitionsEpicTransitions Member Posts: 10

Sure. I love the more indepth detail, but make the old auras detailed instead of a new system

• D_OrienD_Orien Member Posts: 115
    edited July 30

Fine? Bollocks. I just died on Ormond precisely because of the new aura change. I don't get idiotic changes like this. If it ain't broke, there's nothing to fix. How about actually fixing a bug like say Huntress' hatchet hit box which still hasn't been fixed.

• IronKnight55IronKnight55 Member Posts: 547

Yep, auras are fine... Just played on Haddonfield and could barely see the hooked survivors.

• xiozenxiozen Member Posts: 38

probably the best solution to date for the current state... when a video game gives me headaches due to eye strain... uninstall.

• TrevorLahey93TrevorLahey93 Member Posts: 96

Lol well that's it pack it up guys. No more complaining. Since auras are fine for OP it means they're fine for everyone. End of discussion.

• JakojoJakojo Member Posts: 194

"Auras are fine"

Then shows a bunch of screenshots showing they aren't :x

• WheresTheGateWheresTheGate Member Posts: 376

The majority of us complaining about the new auras aren't doing so just because they aren't the same. This isn't some resistance to change we just need to get used to and quit complaining. We are complaining because for many of us we literally can't see them at times. I personally can't see them unless they are close to me.

Try playing a match where you barely see an aura that is farther than 20 meters away from you. An aura between 20 and 40 meters is a guessing game. Any aura past 40 meters out may as well not exist because you can't see it at all.

This isn't a get used to it scenario for those of us complaining unless you are suggesting we just get used to not seeing auras.

I'm glad they are fine for you. Believe me when I say I truly wish my eyesight allowed me to see the new auras without a problem. That isn't reality for a lot of people. We aren't talking about a change to a perk where everyone has their own subjective opinion. We are talking about a change that literally prevents us from playing this game effectively since it all but eliminates an important aspect for us. That isn't an opinion. It isn't subjective.

• Kind_LemonKind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,375

They have the "comic book" style of auras, which is a choice.

I can't see most of the things I should be able to see. Just because your high-end settings makes the auras visible doesn't mean that the developers shouldn't worry about the players that can't distinguish scratch marks from the choppy aura of a gen or can't see traps or totems because the auras are smaller than a piece of lint on my screen.

• Squirrel_ThiccSquirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 1,043

The new auras are absolutley horrid.

• DCashDCash Member Posts: 156
    edited July 31

Sure they look nice up close but they absolutely need to be adjusted. I have a clip of how bad they are. I'm working on a gen and someone is hooked on the other side of the map. You literally cannot see the aura of the hooked person unless I move the camera just right so that their aura is inside the gen I'm working on. As soon as you move the camera they disappear.

I played one match with a hex totem. I had no idea where it even was until the end of the match. BBQ is actually a challenge to see where people are half the time.

I agree that they look better.....but the thing is I actually have good eyesight and it's this bad for me. I can't imagine what it's like for people who don't have 20/20 vision, colorblindness, etc.

I would also point out that your picture examples are all dark maps where red stands out in contrast. Let's see some pics of the auras in corn maps or dead dawg saloon.

• PizzamanPizzaman Member Posts: 328

How can it be fine for survivors and awful for killers? Both need to be able to see survivors auras.

The hypocrisy of this forum is sheer endless.

• RullisiRullisi Member Posts: 183

Yeah honestly I like these better.

• clem1710clem1710 Member Posts: 275

The hypocrisy comes from survivor mains who say that auras are fine. They are not. And as a survivor, you are much less reliant on auras

• PizzamanPizzaman Member Posts: 328

The hypocrisy comes from people that can't acknowledge that it's a problem for both sides.

That includes you, as you said it's fine for survivors (which is far from being the truth) but awful for killers. Saying that survivors are much less reliant on auras may be your conclusion, but it's not the ultimate truth. Survivors have aura reading without and with perks too (which depends on the used perks, but that no different from killers), and need to be able to see auras the same way as killer need to.

If you can't acknowledge that, then it's your problem.