Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Harassment Should Be a Top Priority Right Now

It's gotten out of hand. It needs to be a top priority, and harassment tickets need to start being taken more seriously in the report system. Suspensions and ban's need to start being made immediatly in instances that a player tells someone to kill themself or throws around derogatory terms.

Don't bother saying "Just close chat"

Don't bother saying "It is how it is"

Don't bother saying "Just take a break"

Those are terrible responses. The issue has become out of hand, and needs to be taken more seriously.

@Peanits @not_Queen @AnyOtherBhvrEmployeeThatTalksDrectlyToTheDevTeamOrSupportTeam

Comments

• Kaitlin814Kaitlin814 Member Posts: 76

It's laughable when people get so triggered by survivors saying ez. I just say gg and move on. Leave the lobby, mute the chat, better yet - just get off the internet if you're offended by trash talk. Obviously slurs, derogatory comments should be bannable, but I truly don't come across that too often.

• PulvoriserPulvoriser Member Posts: 48

"Okay Karen..."

That's most people's mindset lol

• MooksMooks Member Posts: 10,922

I‘ll call BS on your observed experiments. And nobody cares about some streamer or whoever that is saying something.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • MooksMooks Member Posts: 10,922
  • KellieKellie Member Posts: 1,328

Harassment is apart of every game. If you dislike it so much play super mario 64 or something.

• HalunHalun Member Posts: 177

Honestly? Yeah... I just keep my chat closed unless I feel like the people I played are going to be courteous.

I know it sounds a bit silly, but I can usually determine how people will react in post-game by their behavior in game. This method hasn't failed me yet, so most of my interactions are positive or at the very least neutral, because I control when I want to have them.

I understand the point OP is getting at, but I mean... I already have the tools to ignore people if I want, so personally I'm fine. I wouldn't be opposed to more active moderation, but competitive insults/trash talk/etc? it just doesn't impact me because I refuse to let it.

• MendaxMendax Member Posts: 130

I usually play with hidden chat. I don't want to read insults. But I think devs should introduce filters for bad words. It's minimum.

• OBXOBX Member Posts: 854

So I’ve started reporting the folks that like to send racist or malicious messages on PlayStation to PlayStation network. They don’t play around regarding harassment. Bhvr devs don’t seem willing or able to address the spoiled kids that feel the need to say such things, thankfully Sony will bring the hammer down.

• IIITweedleIIIIIITweedleIII Member Posts: 835

Well, to be fair. Microsoft themselves are stated to have a No tolerance standard of these sorts of tickets. But as of now, even if you report anyone, the most you get out of it is a auto-reply saying they are looking into it and "will inform you" such and such.

I've reported slurred messages in the past. Still no idea if it's followed through.

That said, at least MS has IP Address possibilities to perma ban an account from accessing XboxLive.

• BigBrainMegMainBigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826

Because you don't just close your eyes and the issues go away.

These people still exist and shouldn't be here. The issue is there and if it didn't happen to you, it'll happen to someone else.

• EverflowingRiverEverflowingRiver Member Posts: 562

I disagree, the aura issue needs to be too priority

• MadjuraMadjura Member Posts: 2,254

Steam itself has a system like this. If you report a profile and they act on your report you get a message saying that something was done about a profile you reported (but without telling you which profile it was). If you report multiple profiles you get a generic "action has been taken against multiple profiles you reported messages". I believe they are also sent out much longer after they acted on the reports so you can't identify which profile it was.

• BloodyNightsBloodyNights Member Posts: 526

Grow thicker skin, laugh that you made them saltier than mcdonalds fries, and then close chat and move on with your day. ;3

Oh and this should be a bottom priority imo, I can think of like ten other things that should be fixed or looked at instead of someone said mean things to me on the internet! Get them BHVR!

• Valor188917Valor188917 Member Posts: 649

Or you know, if you insult me I'll report you and even tho I don't care if some poor lonely sod insults me, I love the feeling of getting somebody banned and having them actually be upset because they cannot play anymore. I wish this game notified me of every ban, league of legends does it.

• BloodyNightsBloodyNights Member Posts: 526

Go for it, I'm all for using the report button. I just don't get the point of letting some salty words after a match eat at you to the point that you come to the forums to cry about it. There are plenty of options besides just reporting them. You can block them on your system of choice. You can close chat, and you can also just choose to end the game and move on with your day. I sometimes screen shot the salt and send it to my friends to laugh at how butt hurt they got over a game. But sure it would be kind of nice to see that the person you reported got banned. Though chances are the moment you left the lobby you probably will never run into them again to even be able to see if they are still playing.

• Valor188917Valor188917 Member Posts: 649
    edited August 2020

I usually bait racist stuff (saying I'm black works like a charm, no I'm not black) and then report for hatespeech, stalk their steamprofile and then have a laugh. I banned DOZENS of accounts in World of Warcraft this way until GM's started checking my chatlogs to see that I was bullshitting them to bait a response.

If I closed chat then I might as well play a singleplayergame.